• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

Yesterday was the best i have seen him play for us, i know it was against a poor side but even so he showed more then he has so far ( imo).
Yes, it's pretty easy to look good in a wingback role against one of the weakest teams to ever play in the Prem.

Maybe he is like Trippier and Cheatski's Alonso - a good wingback but not a great fullback? Not sure, too early to tell.

I must confess that I actually thought this young man had the potential to make a career at Spurs, at least a chance as the back up right back. Alas, I fear Poch disagrees. With Juan Foyth now pushing him down to our 4th placed right wing/full back I think it would be the best thing for his career for him to move on in the summer. I still think he has potential but I guess it is up to Poch

I must confess that I actually thought this young man had the potential to make a career at Spurs, at least a chance as the back up right back. Alas, I fear Poch disagrees. With Juan Foyth now pushing him down to our 4th placed right wing/full back I think it would be the best thing for his career for him to move on in the summer. I still think he has potential but I guess it is up to Poch

If there is a player who needs a season long loan, it's KWP. I still think he can be a reasonably regular starter for us - especially against lower half teams - but he needs a season of regular football to prove that... one way or the other.

If there is a player who needs a season long loan, it's KWP. I still think he can be a reasonably regular starter for us - especially against lower half teams - but he needs a season of regular football to prove that... one way or the other.

If he were 2 years younger I might be inclined to agree with you, but he is now 22 years old. It is decision time, time to go and make a career somewhere else if Poch thinks Foyth is a better full/wing back.

Think Kyle Naughton rather than Kyle Walker

By the way, was that Tom Carroll sat next to Kane during the Ajax game?

I really feel sorry for KWP. I don't think Poch has done right by him; which is not something I normally say. Should have gone out on loan in January 2018 yet we have kept him languishing for two years despite some decent performances. I was at Wembley for our last game against Leicester and he was the best player in the pitch.

I’m really hoping Kyle comes good, I think he is a useful squad player atm but a future first teamer. Agree he could’ve done with going out on loan before now but hope he’s allowed to develop here, we could do with some home grown players

As a "Spurs fan" Ive no issue keeping him around at all, hes a decent enough player and crucially quite versatile.

Were I to put myself down as a "KWP fan" I would probably say he should move on. I still cannot understand how he didnt get more chances last season, and cant help feeling it points to Poch not rating him. And if thats the case then this season will be no different for KWP will it? And at 22(?) I think he really should be getting regular games.

Make or break for him this season (in terms of having a proper career at Spurs).

If he doesn't break into the first team and player 25+ games across all competitions in his favoured right back position then for his own sake I think he needs to look to move to a mid to lower level premier league club like West Ham.

Honestly I think that was last season.

Would love to be proven wrong, but I just cant get past the fact that despite being completely lacking at RB he couldnt get regular games.

In the PL last season he made 4 starts, + 2 sub appearances (not all at RB either). (+4 more starts across CL, FA cup and League cup)

Considering the form of Trippier, the absence of Aurier - and the fact Foyth was getting starts at RB at the end of the season - I think "make or break" has passed.

Unless there is some sort of phoenix from the ashes resurrection for him this summer.

Would love to be proven wrong, but I just cant get past the fact that despite being completely lacking at RB he couldnt get regular games.

In the PL last season he made 4 starts, + 2 sub appearances (not all at RB either). (+4 more starts across CL, FA cup and League cup)

Considering the form of Trippier, the absence of Aurier - and the fact Foyth was getting starts at RB at the end of the season - I think "make or break" has passed.

Unless there is some sort of phoenix from the ashes resurrection for him this summer.
Agreed. As much as people are insistent on being down on Trippier he was struggling with injuries last season. If KWP couldn’t even get in the picture with that factor, combined with Trippiers form, combined with the fact Aurier wasn’t pulling up any trees when playing then there really isn’t much hope for him. Like you say he’s 22 and Poch has given regular game time to much younger. We will know for definite this season one way or the other....

*Resists urge to make Sissoko reference that will inevitably bring yet another thread in to a similar state of disaccord

Anyone see his tweet yesterday? He basically said, he knows that he isn't a "young player" anymore and that he needs to compete against his friends for the starting role. I hope that this is the impetus he needs to kick on. Like most here I do want him to do well and would love for him to make the grade at Spurs. He strikes me as a genuinely nice person, I just worry that "too nice" isn't a recipe for success at the highest level.

*Resists urge to make Sissoko reference that will inevitably bring yet another thread in to a similar state of disaccord

As Legohamster said, the comparison would have been last season. Bare bones and that.

And even then a CB was preferred in his position rather than him starting games.

As I said in the post you quoted, Id love for him to come good - but after last season I just cant see it.

Back