• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Troy Parrott

Wow I was expecting a couple of pages of superlatives for this chap. I was very impressed, put himself about and won a lot of challenges with Bonucci et al.

Picked out Son a couple of times with "the correct pass" and of course crucially, it was his challenge which won the ball on halfway, then he sprinted past Son and demanded the pass, and took a good shot on target, which led to Lamela's goal.

He must be buzzing tonight.

Wow I was expecting a couple of pages of superlatives for this chap. I was very impressed, put himself about and won a lot of challenges with Bonucci et al.

Picked out Son a couple of times with "the correct pass" and of course crucially, it was his challenge which won the ball on halfway, then he sprinted past Son and demanded the pass, and took a good shot on target, which led to Lamela's goal.

He must be buzzing tonight.

Against one of the best defences in Europe too

I have only seen a 10 min highlight of game but I was amazed at what I saw from him. I've seen him a few times and could see he had potential but though he was at least a year away from getting a start in a friendly or low level cup game in the 1st team. Now everyone needs to give him some time and not except too much too soon from the lad.

I like what Robbie Keane has said and did, went to spurs and had lunch with him.

Parrott is often referred to as 'the next Robbie Keane'.

And the former Spurs striker has spoken about the youngster recently.

"We have to be careful with Troy Parrott. A couple of us here have to be careful not to pigeonhole him with being the next me and all of that. He's him. He’s Troy Parrott so we have to let him develop as a young player," he told the Irish Times .

"Has he got ability? Absolutely. I speak to Pochettino all the time and he loves him. Jesus [Perez] the assistant manager loves him. He definitely has potential but then he's just turned 17; I know I got thrown in at 17 but he’s still young and he’s had a lot of attention.

"People at Tottenham love him. He’s a lovely lad, he definitely has the mentality, he has everything so he certainly has a chance but it’s up to him.

"I had an hour with him at the Tottenham training ground. I went over and had lunch with him, just wanted to have a chat with him, see where he was.
"He definitely has the right temperament to be a top player and like I say the manager speaks very highly of him. He’s got a chance so, when the opportunity comes for him he needs to take it.

"We need him to develop, to keep scoring goals, I know he did for the U23s last season and then he got injured but we need him to keep progressing, keep developing, keep watching, keep learning, keep listening, keep speaking to Harry Kane, watch what he does, what his movement.

"As a young kid I used to do it myself, watch the top players because you can learn a lot from them."

I like what Robbie Keane has said and did, went to spurs and had lunch with him.

Parrott is often referred to as 'the next Robbie Keane'.

And the former Spurs striker has spoken about the youngster recently.

"We have to be careful with Troy Parrott. A couple of us here have to be careful not to pigeonhole him with being the next me and all of that. He's him. He’s Troy Parrott so we have to let him develop as a young player," he told the Irish Times .

"Has he got ability? Absolutely. I speak to Pochettino all the time and he loves him. Jesus [Perez] the assistant manager loves him. He definitely has potential but then he's just turned 17; I know I got thrown in at 17 but he’s still young and he’s had a lot of attention.

"People at Tottenham love him. He’s a lovely lad, he definitely has the meteorology, he has everything so he certainly has a chance but it’s up to him.

"I had an hour with him at the Tottenham training ground. I went over and had lunch with him, just wanted to have a chat with him, see where he was.
"He definitely has the right temperament to be a top player and like I say the manager speaks very highly of him. He’s got a chance so, when the opportunity comes for him he needs to take it.

"We need him to develop, to keep scoring goals, I know he did for the U23s last season and then he got injured but we need him to keep progressing, keep developing, keep watching, keep learning, keep listening, keep speaking to Harry Kane, watch what he does, what his movement.

"As a young kid I used to do it myself, watch the top players because you can learn a lot from them."
he has the meteorology??

I have only seen a 10 min highlight of game but I was amazed at what I saw from him. I've seen him a few times and could see he had potential but though he was at least a year away from getting a start in a friendly or low level cup game in the 1st team. Now everyone needs to give him some time and not except too much too soon from the lad.
fudge that sell Kane while his stock is high and build the team around him!!

Really pleased with this guy but please be patient - if he doesnt impress you via a few cameos, give him time and dont whinge endlessly at poch sticking by him rather than spending 60m on someone else.

He looked very promising against a side that has good defenders, long way to go but good luck to him.

I was impressed with him again today. Surprisingly strong physically and can protect the ball, good movement and looks fairly quick, good touch and awareness of what's around him. It remains to be seen how his finishing is and whether or not he has the knack for being in the right place at the right time in front of goal, as he hasn't those opportunities yet. Maybe I expect less of him than I do of the established players, but I thought he was our best player in the first half. Pre-season friendlies and competitive games are very different things, but he looks like an exciting prospect to me.

Back