• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Ndombele basically plays the same role as Winks though. Receive the ball deep, recycles possession and creates opportunities for attacking situations.

He's much more like Winks than Sissoko. Winks will be the player worried by his arrival IMO.
Agree and people are just being simple by looking at the fact he is well built and assuming that he is a Sissoko type. If all are fit there will be plenty of game time for Winks,Sissoko and Ndombele. Really great news, adds some much needed depth in the CM area....

I actually don’t think he will be ‘bedded in’ at all and will be playing from the start of the season. We have actually got our main signing in time for pre season for once, so he will be up to speed fitness wise. He also has the physical attributes to not need adjustment to playing in the PL and he is going to be a massive player for us and we have some big games early on in the season. So first game at home vs Aston Villa is actually an ideal game for him to make his debut and settle in really....

Quite possibly but we do have the luxury of having this as an option.

Ndombele basically plays the same role as Winks though. Receive the ball deep, recycles possession and creates opportunities for attacking situations.

He's much more like Winks than Sissoko. Winks will be the player worried by his arrival IMO.

We had 58 games last season. Lets say we have similar and we start 2 CMs in half of the games and 3 CMs in the other half.

That's about 145 starting spots available. That's without sub appearances. Even If NDombele started 45 games (A lot for season 1) that leaves 100 other starting spots available.

Coupled with how often we saw Dele and Eriksen in CM last season I think Winks has very little to worry about, even if they are similar.

I haven't even factored in injuries here which could hit any of the players and that's the whole idea of having a squad with 5-6 quality CMs.

Do you think the Emirates Marketing Project players get worried about quality players coming in? No, they embrace it and wait their turn to step in and perform when needed, because they know whats being done is for the benefit of the team/club and is part of the drive towards trophies/success.

Can see us doing 3-4-3 next season now, especially if we lose Toby and Eriksen

Something along the lines of

Hugo

Dier Dave Verts

Sissoko Ndombele winks rose

Son Kane Alli
I was going to suggest that us getting in a quality CM is more likely going to raise prospect of Dier moving back to CB with imminent departure of Toby if not this season then next.....

I was going to suggest that us getting in a quality CM is more likely going to raise prospect of Dier moving back to CB with imminent departure of Toby if not this season then next.....

Personally I think Dier is better in CM than at CB. I also expect us to shift out Wanyama, meaning that we need Dier in CM

I was skeptical that Levy would get this done early. Glad to be proved wrong and well done the top man. Sure Poch is as pleased as punch.

Before it gets out of hand, let's please remember his name is pronounced Ton-gee, not the typically English Tan-guy!

He's pronounced it this way himself on the short welcome vid, and you can hear it in the French commentary on the YouTube vids that way also.

That is like saying Winks is much more like Dembele than Sissoko, it still does not mean that Winks and Dembele or Winks and Ndombele are similar players

It was a joke.

I'd expect Sissoko to start the season as first choice whilst Nodembele settles in but for their positions in the squad to switch sometime in the autumn.

No chance, if fit I expect Ndombele to play from the start, that is the whole idea behind signing him before we start pre season training as opposed to getting him on the 7th August.

No chance, if fit I expect Ndombele to play from the start, that is the whole idea behind signing him before we start pre season training as opposed to getting him on the 7th August.
Exactly. Not sure we would smash our record for Ndombele to sit on the bench and acclimatise to things. He will start against Juve and Inter and have a full pre season. Bosh, there you go son, in the CM role straight away.

He actually looks like a slightly richer man's Sissoko, they look very similar in what they do and how they play. But can he perform against Stoke on a rainy Wednesday night?
He looks like Sissoko would look if Sissoko could play football. Take a look at the two xG figures shown on the chart below - shows that what Ndombele does with the ball is of use. I won't comment on what it says about Sissoko.

D8Id0QDXoAEHBql.jpg

Back