• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

We need to give him some time to settle. But what's exciting is his quick feet, combined with his power. He's a unit but he can move the ball at his feet with dexterity and speed, and does well in tight spaces. Plus he's only 22 right? So potentially a lot more to come. Well done Spurs.
COME ON, MAN!!! Players don’t need to ‘settle’, they need to ‘gel’.

His shooting ability looks on par with dembele's and sissoko

I’ve read that finishing is his Achilles heel but at just 22 years old he should be young enough to improve under the tutelage of Pochettino and the coaching team at least.

Well, it certainly seems like a good addition from all the happy noises being made. I'll have to trust those judgements.

Never seen a second of him in game action. I mean, c'mon. Who actually has? He was in that French Auditioning League that only pseuds watch, right?

I think he’ll make us tick in a way we haven’t ticked since Sgt. Wilson’s debut - but this one will go on and on. He looks (I had to google a YouTube vid) like a beast with a silky touch. He’ll make love to our eyes in a firm and erotic manner.

Well, it certainly seems like a good addition from all the happy noises being made. I'll have to trust those judgements.

Never seen a second of him in game action. I mean, c'mon. Who actually has? He was in that French Auditioning League that only pseuds watch, right?

Saw him play in the CL games against City. I thought he was outstanding in both.

Dynamic, box-to-box style... although from what I've seen the split between attacking and defending is probably 70-30 . Has a slippery running with the ball style, which has a sort of out-of-control feel... but he's actually extremely in-control (if that makes sense). Technically proficient, he's got skills, good touch and the ability to beat men with pace, quick feet and shoulder drops.

Sounds pretty similar to a Mousa Dembele in his prime right, which seems fair to me. I wouldn't say from the limited I've seen that N'Dombele is as strong as Moose or as good defensively.... but the above two games is a very small sample size, so who knows!

As long as he responds well to Poch's coaching - which is an important IF that applies to any new signing we make - this guy will be one of the top CM's in the league. No doubt about that for me!

Can’t say I follow the French Farmers League either but FWIW a tactical analysis of Ndombele’s performance when Lyon won at the Emptihad... plus he also performed well at the Nou Camp I gather... Lyon fans heralded him as the new Essien and I’d be overjoyed if Tanguy took to the EPL as well as well as that midfield general did.

I must admit. Although it would never happen. I am kind of hoping we see a 4-3-3 formation with Him, Sissoko and Dier. That would be some hard core midfield.

What I think he should be able to do is quickly turn defensive situations in to attacks. He takes his time in possession and has a great eye for an incisive out ball.

Hopefully he allows our more progressive players (Alli, Moura, Lamela etc) to thrive. But they'll need to be willing to do their part also.

I must admit. Although it would never happen. I am kind of hoping we see a 4-3-3 formation with Him, Sissoko and Dier. That would be some hard core midfield.

If we played 433 then I would want a least one player like Harry Winks deployed in the middle three. Not much creativity in a midfield three of Dier, Sissoko and Ndombele

How many big games do you anticipate we will play next season?

It was a joke.

I'd expect Sissoko to start the season as first choice whilst Nodembele settles in but for their positions in the squad to switch sometime in the autumn.

If we played 433 then I would want a least one player like Harry Winks deployed in the middle three. Not much creativity in a midfield three of Dier, Sissoko and Ndombele

I know. And that was why I said it was unlikely to happen. But still. That would be a Tough Wall protecting our backline. Just a thought. Dier has a nice long pass on him, from the videos I have seen N'Dombele has a good
through ball on him and Sissoko likes the break the lines by running at people. That kind of midfield with Kane at the top and Son and Moura with pace could work in big away games.

Anyway. It was just a thought.

Ndombele basically plays the same role as Winks though. Receive the ball deep, recycles possession and creates opportunities for attacking situations.

He's much more like Winks than Sissoko. Winks will be the player worried by his arrival IMO.

What I think he should be able to do is quickly turn defensive situations in to attacks. He takes his time in possession and has a great eye for an incisive out ball.

Hopefully he allows our more progressive players (Alli, Moura, Lamela etc) to thrive. But they'll need to be willing to do their part also.
He plays the ball forward quickly which will make our attacking play more dangerous. Our other CMs aren’t as quick at doing this, he doesn’t play the safe pass all the time yet is still accurate....

It was a joke.

I'd expect Sissoko to start the season as first choice whilst Nodembele settles in but for their positions in the squad to switch sometime in the autumn.
I actually don’t think he will be ‘bedded in’ at all and will be playing from the start of the season. We have actually got our main signing in time for pre season for once, so he will be up to speed fitness wise. He also has the physical attributes to not need adjustment to playing in the PL and he is going to be a massive player for us and we have some big games early on in the season. So first game at home vs Aston Villa is actually an ideal game for him to make his debut and settle in really....

He plays the ball forward quickly which will make our attacking play more dangerous. Our other CMs aren’t as quick at doing this, he doesn’t play the safe pass all the time yet is still accurate....

He's exactly the CM our team needs.

i wonder whether the links to him last summer were genuine and we decided it was better to wait a year for him than to move on further down the list of targets?

Edit : agree that he'll start as furst choice from the off. Full pre season...

Yes, I cant see him being eased into the team. His price tag means that given we've signed him early-ish, he plays from the start

Back