• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Levy's knows the value he can bring to the club Vs selling too cheap.
Transfer fee's are nice, but there is a bigger picture.

It depends on what attitude Eriksen has next year though. Will he be determined to show a potential new club how great he is and therefore gives 110%? Or will he want to avoid getting injured so that he doesnt bugger up his chances of a move?

I think he's a top player but I can see us taking a low fee (say £60m) for him if Real or Barca are interested. That also might not be the worst thing for us if Lo Celso or whoever replaces him doesnt flop

It depends on what attitude Eriksen has next year though. Will he be determined to show a potential new club how great he is and therefore gives 110%? Or will he want to avoid getting injured so that he doesnt bugger up his chances of a move?

I think he's a top player but I can see us taking a low fee (say £60m) for him if Real or Barca are interested. That also might not be the worst thing for us if Lo Celso or whoever replaces him doesnt flop

He's in his prime now. If he stays, he won't waste a year of his career for a potential move next summer. He'll be as professional as Modric was after his dream move to his boyhood club Chelski was denied.

Roma are considering a move for the Spurs centre-half Toby Alderweireld, and the idea has been floated that the Italian club’s midfielder Nicolò Zaniolo could be part of a deal. That would involve Spurs paying a surplus because Alderweireld is available for £25m this month under a clause in his contract and Zaniolo, a 20-year-old prospect, is rated in the £40m bracket.

Spurs are open to bids for the full-backs Kieran Trippier and Danny Rose and they have put them forward to Roma, only to be told there is no interest in either player. But Roma would be open to taking Alderweireld, who has entered the final year on his contract and can be signed for £25m – provided that the transfer is completed at least 14 days before this summer’s window closes on 8 August.

FacebookTwitterPinterest
Toby Alderweireld is available for £25m this month. Photograph: Phil Noble/Reuters
Roma, who finished sixth in Serie A, are looking for one or two central defenders after selling Kostas Manolas to Napoli for €36m and they also like Marc Bartra at Real Betis. Alderweireld is weighing up whether to see out the final year on his deal at Spurs.

Zaniolo is on Spurs’ wish-list after his breakthrough season at Roma and the London club have held talks with his representatives. There remains the expectation that Spurs will sell their playmaker Christian Eriksen, which would greatly help to balance the books, after he announced that he wanted a new challenge at another club. Real Madrid are interested in him, as are Juventus whose new manager, Maurizio Sarri, is a big fan.

Trippier’s future has been under the spotlight and, if he leaves, it could see Spurs move for either the Norwich right-back Max Aarons or Fulham’s Steven Sessegnon. Spurs are keen to sign Sessegnon’s twin brother, Ryan, also of Fulham, who is rated at £25m.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...tottenham-medical-lyon-roma-toby-alderweireld

Roma would seem a strange move, he wouldn't get more in wages than here. It's not nearer his family and they're less likely to win something than we are in say the next 5 years with Juve having things wrapped up there.

Roma would seem a strange move, he wouldn't get more in wages than here. It's not nearer his family and they're less likely to win something than we are in say the next 5 years with Juve having things wrapped up there.
But you get to live in Rome.

Although it would play havoc with his gel

Got to love this site on the day we break our transfer record signing a player many thought "that tight bastard Levy" wouldn't cough up for and one for the future people still want to rain on our parade.

If he does not leave this summer surely he will sign a new contract. At his age he wouldn't want a second year at the a lower wage than he feels he's worth.

Also the lack of links to centre backs so far perhaps suggests he is talking to us and may stay.

I can see Ajax paying the 25m once de ligt leaves or him going their on a free next summer.

Its just strange on his part due to all the money he missed out on by not signing that contract around 18 months ago.

Does he expect to make it back in a signing on fee if he leaves for the knock down price this summer or if on a free in a years time....

I can see Ajax paying the 25m once de ligt leaves or him going their on a free next summer.

Its just strange on his part due to all the money he missed out on by not signing that contract around 18 months ago.

Does he expect to make it back in a signing on fee if he leaves for the knock down price this summer or if on a free in a years time....
I think he's on 65k or something, so another year on that and if he then moved to Ajax I'm not sure they're big payers ?....then it's hang your boots up time, unless China comes calling.

Easily done

Back