• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

While I cant say Ive seen much of Ceballos, I can say these kind of numbers probably explain why we are interested:
D1pm6iHX0AA8rdR.png:large
Or it’s the colours, blue and yellow itk?

Always looking a bit light in their midfield depth, Spurs addressed the situation in impressive fashion by getting a very coveted young player for a relatively reasonable fee.

On top of the Lyon midfielder, the club have the chance to get someone else who was offered to them, according to Corriere dello Sport, one with far more experience than the 22-year-old: Steven Nzonzi.

As late as January, Tottenham were being linked with the France international, who didn’t have the best of times in Rome, but nothing happened, as it always seemed like a guarantee the 30-year-old would finish his Serie A season.

However, thanks to the connections of Franco Baldini, the Italians offered their defensive midfielder’s services to Mauricio Pochettino and co.

Corriere state that, in truth, Tottenham are interested in Lorenzo Pellegrini, but the 23-year-old isn’t interested in leaving Roma just yet.

For now, the Premier League club are ‘reflecting’ on the possibility of signing Nzonzi, who already has a lot of experience in England’s top tier thanks to his time at Blackburn Rovers and Stoke City.

A (likely) cheap(ish), experienced option who wouldn’t take any time to adapt. What’s not to like?

Always looking a bit light in their midfield depth, Spurs addressed the situation in impressive fashion by getting a very coveted young player for a relatively reasonable fee.

On top of the Lyon midfielder, the club have the chance to get someone else who was offered to them, according to Corriere dello Sport, one with far more experience than the 22-year-old: Steven Nzonzi.

As late as January, Tottenham were being linked with the France international, who didn’t have the best of times in Rome, but nothing happened, as it always seemed like a guarantee the 30-year-old would finish his Serie A season.

However, thanks to the connections of Franco Baldini, the Italians offered their defensive midfielder’s services to Mauricio Pochettino and co.

Corriere state that, in truth, Tottenham are interested in Lorenzo Pellegrini, but the 23-year-old isn’t interested in leaving Roma just yet.

For now, the Premier League club are ‘reflecting’ on the possibility of signing Nzonzi, who already has a lot of experience in England’s top tier thanks to his time at Blackburn Rovers and Stoke City.

A (likely) cheap(ish), experienced option who wouldn’t take any time to adapt. What’s not to like?
He was brilliant the year before he went to Roma - outside the obvious the best player in the league. I always liked him and stuck up for him at Stoke... that being said the rumour looks like bollox to me and I doubt very much there is anything in it.

He was brilliant the year before he went to Roma - outside the obvious the best player in the league. I always liked him and stuck up for him at Stoke... that being said the rumour looks like bollox to me and I doubt very much there is anything in it.

Pinch of salt, obviously, but were he a relatively cheap option I think it would be an excellent squad addition.

Pinch of salt, obviously, but were he a relatively cheap option I think it would be an excellent squad addition.

Find it difficult to see. We have so much transfer activity to get done in the remaining 5 or so weeks of the window that I can't see us getting distracted on things which are nice-to-haves:

- sell Trippier
- sign a RB
- offload deadwood: Janssen, GKN
- probably sell Eriksen and sign a replacement
- perhaps sell Rose and Lamela if offers come in
- replace Llorente
- ideally sign another attacker/wing-forward given we might only have 6 players for 4 spots (Kane, Llorente replacement, Dele, Son, Moura, Eriksen/replacement)
- perhaps selling TA and signing a replacement
- TBC whether Poch wants a 3rd senior keeper

My Levy is going to have a busy next few weeks!!

While its nice to think Levy has a to do list that is nicely prioritised, and we can just go down and tick items off...

...it just doesnt work like that, does it?

Aside from the fact there will be multiple conversations and moves on multiple deals all going on at once, not everyone wants to play ball with us and some deals take longer than others (if they are even achievable).

If (IF) someone like N'Zonzi is seen as valuable squad depth, and is seen as a quick and cheap deal to do, then why not?

While I cant say Ive seen much of Ceballos, I can say these kind of numbers probably explain why we are interested:
D1pm6iHX0AA8rdR.png:large

Obviously, I'm in favor of Spurs signing any and all good footballers, but it does seem a little bit unlikely that he'd be an Eriksen replacement, as reported by some papers. Looks like most of his work is done quite a bit deeper than Eriksen, and I'm not sure he seems to offer the creativity of CE. Looks a bit more like an alternative to Winks or Ndombele than a real AM.

Still feels like Lo Celso is more in line w/ what CE does, and I feel like he's the most likely replacement.

That said, he's still really good, so maybe we just sign as many good players as we can?

Obviously, I'm in favor of Spurs signing any and all good footballers, but it does seem a little bit unlikely that he'd be an Eriksen replacement, as reported by some papers. Looks like most of his work is done quite a bit deeper than Eriksen, and I'm not sure he seems to offer the creativity of CE. Looks a bit more like an alternative to Winks or Ndombele than a real AM.

Still feels like Lo Celso is more in line w/ what CE does, and I feel like he's the most likely replacement.

That said, he's still really good, so maybe we just sign as many good players as we can?

Agreed, from what I can see Lo Celso seems to be the most obvious Eriksen "replacement".

Though Im still inclined to thinking we would probably change set up more than just try to directly replace Eriksen.

Possibly a straight 4-3-3 with Alli behind Kane? That kind of thing...

Ceballos would certainly seem more CM than AM though. Personally Im all in favour of adding as much quality and depth as we can there though.

While its nice to think Levy has a to do list that is nicely prioritised, and we can just go down and tick items off...

...it just doesnt work like that, does it?

Aside from the fact there will be multiple conversations and moves on multiple deals all going on at once, not everyone wants to play ball with us and some deals take longer than others (if they are even achievable).

If (IF) someone like N'Zonzi is seen as valuable squad depth, and is seen as a quick and cheap deal to do, then why not?

From my perspective, you can have too much change in a squad and I think we're going to be pushing that as it is.

I'm also not sure we need N'Zonzi - he's a bit like Sissoko...big, strong but not particularly technically gifted. Even if we manage to get rid off Wanyama, having Dier, Sissoko and NZonzi as 3 of our 4-5 CMs doesnt feel creative enough

From my perspective, you can have too much change in a squad and I think we're going to be pushing that as it is.

I'm also not sure we need N'Zonzi - he's a bit like Sissoko...big, strong but not particularly technically gifted. Even if we manage to get rid off Wanyama, having Dier, Sissoko and NZonzi as 3 of our 4-5 CMs doesnt feel creative enough

Id sell Sissoko and replace him with NZonzi quite happily. We get a better, more experienced player and probably profit nicely to strengthen elsewhere as well.

I think the core of the team is pretty stable, maybe 3 new starters, and that'll be the key thing. Shouldnt be too disruptive.

Then any other buys have a little time to get up to speed, rotate in and out etc.

WHile there could be a lot of players coming and going, with a basically stable core team its much less disruptive than having a major overhaul ala Utd/Arsenal this season.

Find it difficult to see. We have so much transfer activity to get done in the remaining 5 or so weeks of the window that I can't see us getting distracted on things which are nice-to-haves:

- sell Trippier
- sign a RB
- offload deadwood: Janssen, GKN
- probably sell Eriksen and sign a replacement
- perhaps sell Rose and Lamela if offers come in
- replace Llorente
- ideally sign another attacker/wing-forward given we might only have 6 players for 4 spots (Kane, Llorente replacement, Dele, Son, Moura, Eriksen/replacement)
- perhaps selling TA and signing a replacement
- TBC whether Poch wants a 3rd senior keeper

My Levy is going to have a busy next few weeks!!

This is dead easy my grandson could do this in an hour on FM, I'm sure that's where all the transfer "experts" work out their strategies.

Ndombele was the the one that made sense regardless of what happens with Eriksen and Alderweireld. Wonder if we'll now be sent into a waiting game where things depend on outgoing transfers. Certainly hope not, but for me it's hard to understand how the uncertainty regarding £120m+ in assets that may or may not be cashed in on won't influence what we do.

I don’t want us to sign Ceballos on loan unless it’s a loan to buy next summer. He’s an excellent prospect but I’d prefer we buy players for us and not just to help other teams develop their players. There will be other options that we can turn to for players that will have long term value for us and have same quality in the matches.

Back