• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

He actually would I reckon.

Ronnie doesn’t give two bricks about defending and will just want someone out wide slavishly pinging curled crosses onto his shiny plastic Ken-doll forehead.
Didn't get too many toys as a kid, did you? :D

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/atletico-madrid-eyeing-25million-kieran-18298595

Atletico Madrid eyeing £25million Kieran Trippier transfer swoop

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is willing to let Trippier move on

Atletico Madrid are pushing hard to land England ace Kieran Trippier from Spurs for £25million.

Right-back Trippier, 28, has 16 caps and made 36 starts for Tottenham last term, including the Champions League final.

But boss Mauricio Pochettino is willing to sell World Cup hero Trippier, who has lost his place in Gareth Southgate's squad.

Pochettino has two other right-backs in Ivory Coast international Serge Aurier,26, and talented Kyle Walker-Peters,22, coming through.

Spanish club Atletico are now stepping up their interest in Trippier, who cost Spurs £3.5m from Burnley in June 2015.

Atletico need a new right-back after veteran Juanfran,34, left this summer at the end of his contract.

Manchester United had previously been linked with Trippier but they have since signed Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace for £50m.

It has left Spanish club Atletico in pole position and they have cash from Antoine Griezmann's £107m sale.

Walker-Peters made 10 appearances for Spurs last term and signed a new deal last December until 2023.

He showed his potential by providing three assists in a 5-0 home win over Bournemouth on Boxing Day.

His games also included away at Barcelona in the Champions League and starting on the final day in the Premier League season.

The England U21 international can now expect significantly more game-time this coming season if Trippier goes as mooted.

Two summers ago, Walker-Peters starred for winners England at the U20 World Cup ahead of Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Looking like this ones a goer, as Alisdair Gold just confirmed that it was on. Feel like Trips has gotten a lot of hate over the last little while, but his development under Poch has been nothing but phenomenal. When he first joined, I thought there was no way he'd ever be good enough for us. And now over 100 appearances later (including a CL Final start), he's leaving for another Champions League club while netting us a healthy 20+ million profit. A great squad player who waited his turn, never complained about his role, and always gave his all. I'm excited that we're moving him on and am confident we can upgrade on him, but I'll still appreciate what he did at Spurs and wish him all the best going forward.

Also, fascinated to see what Poch does at RB. Could see him spending this fee on someone like Atal from Nice or could see him going w/ Aurier, KWP, Foyth.

Last edited:
Looking like this ones a goer, as Alisdair Gold just confirmed that it was on. Feel like Trips has gotten a lot of hate over the last little while, but his development under Poch has been nothing but phenomenal. When he first joined, I thought there was no way he'd ever be good enough for us. And now over 100 appearances later (including a CL Final start), he's leaving for another Champions League club while netting us a healthy 20+ million profit. A great squad player who waited his turn, never complained about his role, and always gave his all. I'm excited that we're moving him on and am confident we can upgrade on him, but I'll still appreciate what he did at Spurs and wish him all the best going forward.

Also, fascinated to see what Poch does at RB. Could see him spending this fee on someone like Atal from Nice or could see him going w/ Aurier, KWP, Foyth.

I imagine the first deal would be sess coming in with the money

Hear hear. I've a feeling he will return a better player this season after a good rest and injury free.

Hear hear. I've a feeling he will return a better player this season after a good rest and injury free.

I am sure he will return to a better player, however its the right move all round

He is coming up 29
His groin issue could easily be something we are concerned about limiting him in the future
He was never the kind of athletic full-back that Poch seems to favour
For 25mil we should be able to scout somebody who can replace him longer term (Yes i know Aurier should have been that so its a risk)

I think the same statements ring true for Rose, his fight over-rides his physical limitations following injuries however he is on the other side of career curve

Remember Poch was always known as the full-back whisperer, and these are obviously Poch decisions rather then Levy cashing in, so backing the Manager means both incomings and outgoings

He had a poor season. Got more criticism than most but some of his mistakes led to goals which will always be remembered.

Skysports are now reporting that Correa could come the other way. Wasn't he supposed to be the next big thing at some point? Don't know alot about him.

Skysports are now reporting that Correa could come the other way. Wasn't he supposed to be the next big thing at some point? Don't know alot about him.
I'd imagine if he was that good then athletico wouldn't be signing Trippier.

I'd imagine if he was that good then athletico wouldn't be signing Trippier.
Correa is a striker though

All I keep reading is how good the Celtic boy is so why don't we pay them what they want and get him, more rounded than AWB I read

Back