• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Predictions

I think Lo Celso will come in now irrespective of what happens with Eriksen.

Especially as he's a #10 and a CM, that gives us flexibility and prepares us for whatever happens with Eriksen and Alder (if Alder goes, Dier can become primarily a CB again with Celso mainly featuring at CM)

I think Poch will want Clarke around (he'll be effectively taking Llorente's minutes); but Edwards will be sold.

The one thing that can't happen to KWP at his age now is a loan. He needs to be one of our two RBs, or sold

I think Lo Celso will come in now irrespective of what happens with Eriksen.

Especially as he's a #10 and a CM, that gives us flexibility and prepares us for whatever happens with Eriksen and Alder (if Alder goes, Dier can become primarily a CB again with Celso mainly featuring at CM)

I think Poch will want Clarke around (he'll be effectively taking Llorente's minutes); but Edwards will be sold.

The one thing that can't happen to KWP at his age now is a loan. He needs to be one of our two RBs, or sold

Fair points, but the only thing I disagree on is KWP on loan. Rose went to Sunderland as a 22 year-old and look what happened there. KWP really needs to play, but I think if it's a solid Prem loan, he could still go there and come back next season.

The only reason I'd want Clarke loaned back (which looks unlikely) is that I worry about minutes there, especially if we also bring in Sessegnon. He'd functionally be behind Son, Lucas, Lamela, Dele, Eriksen, and Sessegnon for those 3 (or possibly 2 if we play with 3CMs or 3CBs) slots behind the striker. Think he could develop a lot more playing a bunch of minutes for Leeds.

On Lo Celso, I'll believe it when I see it. Would take our summer spending up to around 200 mil. But, then again, it's looking like you might be right about Ndombele, who I thought was totally out of price range this summer.

I'll take it with a pinch of salt then. I won't shoot you either. You are only the messenger.
I’ll be honest, I can’t help but feel that Messengers are a massively over protected species.

I mean who cares really if the odd one gets shot here and there, from time to time.

Personally, I’d be quite happy to fire off a round or two at the hapless message-toting lackey, especially should I dislike the news they have strived to provide. Seems fair game to me and I wish more people would relax and just indulge in the occasional mindless culling of potentially innocent info-passers. Equal rights and all that.

I’ll be honest, I can’t help but feel that Messengers are a massively over protected species.

I mean who cares really if the odd one gets shot here and there, from time to time.

Personally, I’d be quite happy to fire off a round or two at the hapless message-toting lackey, especially should I dislike the news they have strived to provide. Seems fair game to me and I wish more people would relax and just indulge in the occasional mindless culling of potentially innocent info-passers. Equal rights and all that.

Exactly. it's political correctness gone mad

Get Lo Celso in, a decent rb, a decent lb, sign Eriksen and Toby to new contracts and we'd be looking at an awesome window. Dybala is asking too much, and can't really see how we're gonna get lo celso, keep Eriks and get Dybala as well.

Get Lo Celso in, a decent rb, a decent lb, sign Eriksen and Toby to new contracts and we'd be looking at an awesome window. Dybala is asking too much, and can't really see how we're gonna get lo celso, keep Eriks and get Dybala as well.

Or get Le Celso and Sessegnon in and pretty much get every target that has bee rumoured since day one

We haven’t been linked with any right backs that i can remember other than a casual one to Alves which to me means we ain’t after one

This summer seems a case of the press and everyone knows who we want for once

Or get Le Celso and Sessegnon in and pretty much get every target that has bee rumoured since day one

We haven’t been linked with any right backs that i can remember other than a casual one to Alves which to me means we ain’t after one

This summer seems a case of the press and everyone knows who we want for once

Agree that Lo Celse and Sessesnon seem likely...I'd worry though that we're short at CF given that we've lost Llorente and Janssen compared to last year. Even if they weren't great, they were still options (when fit)

If Dybala doesnt join (unlikely) I think we need another CF. We'd have decent cover everywhere, but would be very vulnerable at CF

Poch clearly disagrees, seeing as we've not had a proper link to one all window. I think Foyth is going to outshine AWB this season

Don’t disagree
From what I’ve seen do AWB so far at United (and it’s brief) he is getting stuck as he doesn’t know whether to attack or defend
He will get turned a lot in the league (but will learn from it)

Agree that Lo Celse and Sessesnon seem likely...I'd worry though that we're short at CF given that we've lost Llorente and Janssen compared to last year. Even if they weren't great, they were still options (when fit)

If Dybala doesnt join (unlikely) I think we need another CF. We'd have decent cover everywhere, but would be very vulnerable at CF
We've beefed up midfield, so that should allow Dele and Eriksen to play further up. Between them and Son and Moura (and could add in Lo Celso, if you like), I think we have plenty of attacking options should Kane be unavailable. And in the lesser games, might as well play Parrot and let him develop. So CF is really not a priority.

GGG predicts that there could be a few incoming and outgoings between now and the transfer window but hears that Poch is also happy with the current squad so equally there could be no more incomings or outgoings.

Back