• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ndombele

THIS is the exact reason I fudging hate the transfer window. I had no idea who he was prior to last month and now I’m tinkled off because it’s looking wobbly.
fudge sky
fudge summer
Roll on August
You obviously don't pay much attention to football.

Lots of people on Twitter pointing out that Aulas said something very similar just a day before Mendy was announced, and he did the same thing back when we signed Lloris. He's known for trumping.

The rumour is Lyon are waiting until July so that the revenue from the transfer will be on next seasons balance sheet.
Apparently they are in profit from the CL run and any extra revenue right now will be taxed as pure profit.
£18m of the £65m fee would go straight to the tax man.
If they wait they can spend that £18m on incoming players.

Lots of people on Twitter pointing out that Aulas said something very similar just a day before Mendy was announced, and he did the same thing back when we signed Lloris. He's known for trumperying.

Any theory why he routinely does this?

A strategy to get more money, encourage rival bids or just an old man increasingly on his way to insanity?

Any theory why he routinely does this?

A strategy to get more money, encourage rival bids or just an old man increasingly on his way to insanity?

From /coys on Reddit:

Nothing really do with being publicly traded and more they want to shift the revenue onto next years balance sheet. Instead of Lyon having to pay 28% of the transfer fee in tax straight away (£18m down the drain), they can buy other players in the rest of the window and end up with close to zero profit and zero tax.

From /coys on Reddit:

Nothing really do with being publicly traded and more they want to shift the revenue onto next years balance sheet. Instead of Lyon having to pay 28% of the transfer fee in tax straight away (£18m down the drain), they can buy other players in the rest of the window and end up with close to zero profit and zero tax.
Can't we just stagger the payments?
EUR1 today
EUR60m on July 1st
?

From /coys on Reddit:

Yeah but that doesnt explain doing it with mendy and lloris.

I think he gets some weird kicks saying the opposite to what everyone thinks is cast iron.

Some weird business man fetish is my guess.

Yeah but that doesnt explain doing it with mendy and lloris.

I think he gets some weird kicks saying the opposite to what everyone thinks is cast iron.

Some weird business man fetish is my guess.

Yeah, he does seem "a tad" eccentric, so I wouldn't rule that out. :p

From /coys on Reddit:

That's not how taxation works.

Maybe he is trying to drum up extra interest before deal is confirmed and hoping for last minute bids. If I was Levy, not sure how I’d feel if the opposite chairman started spouting nonsense in the media if a deal is in place.

All these theories:D Couldn’t just be that two of footballs toughest negotiators simply haven’t yet finalised the fee and as per usual various Twitter sources have jumped the gun:rolleyes:....

Back