• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Ask yourself, with Winks, Dier, N'Dombele - possibly Lo Celso. Maybe even Wanyama on the books.

What would Sissoko be?

Because for me "not in the team" is the most obvious answer. Then its a question of do you have him on the bench? He has proven a very good option to close out games for us, so I can see that - but if thats the case is he even worth keeping around?

Particularly when his stock is high and we can get a good price on selling him.

Reports coming out of Turkey claim Tottenham Hotspur have made a €15m bid for Fenerbahce's Macedonian midfielder Eljif Elmas.

Published
30 sec ago

Fenerbahce need to sell Elmas in order to fund a squad rebuild ahead of the next season, but Spurs are far from his only suitors: Inter Milan, Napoli, Fiorentina and Atletico Madrid are all allegedly interested.

Of those four, Napoli appear to be Spurs' main competition. Italian journalist Rafaelle Auriemma reported that Elmas was in Italy last week with his father to meet representatives from several clubs, but that Napoli were "the most interesting" to him, and that Napoli's interest is "serious".

Elmas, 19, made 29 appearances in Turkey last season, scoring four goals as Fenerbahce finished 6th. Reports also claim that Vincent Janssen could be offered as part of the deal.

Should Elmas sign, he'll become only the fifth Macedonian ever to play in the Premier League.

Of the other four - Gjorgji Hristov, Goran Popov, Artim Sakiri and Goce Sedloski - only Popov lasted longer than a single season. Pochettino will be hopeful that Elmas could succeed where his countrymen have not...

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/to...enerbache-napoli-transfer#fHsr6eljAbyKicA5.99

I highly doubt that.

Sissoko's attributes do not suit the team, let alone the player most likely to replace him as the b2b "breaking the lines" maestro.

Amazingly his attributes do not suit the team yet he was an integral part of a team that finished in the top 4 and made the CL final. You may not rate the player but obviously Poch does, and most importantly he did even when before he hit the heights of last season.

Ask yourself, with Winks, Dier, N'Dombele - possibly Lo Celso. Maybe even Wanyama on the books.

What would Sissoko be?

Because for me "not in the team" is the most obvious answer. Then its a question of do you have him on the bench? He has proven a very good option to close out games for us, so I can see that - but if thats the case is he even worth keeping around?

Firstly, it is a squad game, so I have no problem seeing him starting on on the bench unlike you who keeps wanting to sell him.

Secondly, based on last season's form he has proved easily a more effective midfielder than both Wanyama and Dier, he is a completely different kind of player than Winks who he compliments very well. Assuming everything goes well and we finalise the N'Dombele deal we still do not where we stand with Lo Celso.

What ever happens I expect Sissoko to remain an integral part of the squad.

Amazingly his attributes do not suit the team yet he was an integral part of a team that finished in the top 4 and made the CL final. You may not rate the player but obviously Poch does, and most importantly he did even when before he hit the heights of last season.

They do not suit the team. The team was heavily compromised to suit Sissoko. And by the end of the season all form was out the window, it was patently obvious all year really that we werent playing well at all.

And Sissoko, or at least his inclusion and consequent changes to the side, is the biggest reason why.

Thats not to suggest its his fault directly, more a consequence of putting a square peg in a round hole all season.

Firstly, it is a squad game, so I have no problem seeing him starting on on the bench unlike you who keeps wanting to sell him.

Secondly, based on last season's form he has proved easily a more effective midfielder than both Wanyama and Dier, he is a completely different kind of player than Winks who he compliments very well. Assuming everything goes well and we finalise the N'Dombele deal we still do not where we stand with Lo Celso.

What ever happens I expect Sissoko to remain an integral part of the squad.

I dont mind him being on the bench, as I made clear.

What is obvious though is he is a rather expensive asset to have as a bench warmer. Selling someone who is likely to see little football to fund a move for someone that is is just sensible, nothing personal about it.

Just as, for Sissoko himself, at 29 Im sure he would rather be sure of regular football and could be set for a significant last big contract, which may well suit him.

Based on the seasons form prior to last he is easily the least effective of the three. Over a longer period of time too.

He and Winks are not that complimentary at all, it is to Winks great credit that it even appeared so.

Unfortunately, as it stands, Poch disagrees with you, so until things change, I will reiterate that he remains an important part of the squad.

As it stands there is nothing to suggest you are correct. In a season where we were bereft of other options Sissoko played. That can be read in more than one way.

As it stands there is nothing to suggest you are correct. In a season where we were bereft of other options Sissoko played. That can be read in more than one way.

Poch backed him and played him when almost everyone on this forum did not.

I would happily accept him as a bench player because he would give us depth. Say whatever you like about Sissoko the truth is we played some of our best football last season when he was playing alongside Winks. He was superior to both Wanyama and Dier last season.

Worst case scenario he would be a good back up for N'Dombele.

Say whatever you like about Sissoko, he has made 125 appearances in the last 3 seasons and interestingly there are no rumours to suggest that Poch wants rid of him at this stage.

I swear, the more you post on this thread the more I believe you are just @scaramanga in disguise

Poch backed him and played him when almost everyone on this forum did not.

I would happily accept him as a bench player because he would give us depth. Say whatever you like about Sissoko the truth is we played some of our best football last season when he was playing alongside Winks. He was superior to both Wanyama and Dier last season.

Worst case scenario he would be a good back up for N'Dombele.

Say whatever you like about Sissoko, he has made 125 appearances in the last 3 seasons and interestingly there are no rumours to suggest that Poch wants rid of him at this stage.

I swear, the more you post on this thread the more I believe you are just @scaramanga in disguise
Backed him and played him or played him because everyone else was unfit? Based on the evidence we have, there's no distinction.

Laughable.

Lets turn it on its head for a minute. What about some of the performances where we really hit top gear this season. Off the top of my head, i can think of the 6-2 away at everton, 3-1 at home v chelsea, and Dortmund at home. How do you explain his driving performances in midfield when the team clicked. A fluke?

The injuries to Alli, Kane, patchy form of Eriksen, awful form of Trippier, fatigue from World cup and associated injuries, have all contributed to poor form. Sissoko playing the biggest reason? absolute nonsense

And Sissoko, or at least his inclusion and consequent changes to the side, is the biggest reason why.

Thats not to suggest its his fault directly, more a consequence of putting a square peg in a round hole all season.

Back