• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ndombele

This excites the brick out of me: "Mauricio Pochettino convinced Tanguy Ndombele to join #thfc earlier this month after telling the midfielder he intends to build a team this summer that can win the @PremierLeague in 2019/2020 | @LEquipe"

I'm guessing Levy is backing his man and Ndombele is hopefully just the start.

I'm guessing Levy is backing his man and Ndombele is hopefully just the start.

I dont get all this levy is backing poch and previously he didnt back poch....

Truth is the funds the club had generated and allocated to transfers were there for poch in previous windows.

Now the club has generated far more and subsequently been able to allocate significantly more to transfers and that is what poch has.

I dont see it as backing or not backing, simply the transfer funds are the transfer funds at the beginning of any given window and that is there for the manager to use as he sees fit.

I dont get all this levy is backing poch and previously he didnt back poch....

Truth is the funds the club had generated and allocated to transfers were there for poch in previous windows.

Now the club has generated far more and subsequently been able to allocate significantly more to transfers and that is what poch has.

I dont see it as backing or not backing, simply the transfer funds are the transfer funds at the beginning of any given window and that is there for the manager to use as he sees fit.

I agree Poch has been backed I'm not saying he hasn't been, but the change this season needs to be the calibre of player we are looking to bring in to the club. Poch stated only a few weeks ago that he needed the club to back him and start the next phase of the project to win the PL, that means shopping in a new market along with bigger transfer fees on single targets, instead of spreading the risk over multiple players which has been the clubs modus operandi over the past 5 years.

Page 28, it's his number.

He might just be the best 28 we'd had:

Tom Carroll (13/14 - 16/17)
Kyle Walker (09/10 - 12/13)
Kevin-Prince Boateng (09/10)
Alan Hutton (07/08)
Lee Barnard (06/07)
Mark Yeates (04/05 - 06/07)
Jermaine Jenas (05/06)
Matthew Etherington (99/00 - 01/02)
Jamie Clapham (96/97 - 97/98)
Kevin Watson (95/96)
Gerry McMahon (94/95)
Lee Hodges (93/94),

He might just be the best 28 we'd had:

Tom Carroll (13/14 - 16/17)
Kyle Walker (09/10 - 12/13)
Kevin-Prince Boateng (09/10)
Alan Hutton (07/08)
Lee Barnard (06/07)
Mark Yeates (04/05 - 06/07)
Jermaine Jenas (05/06)
Matthew Etherington (99/00 - 01/02)
Jamie Clapham (96/97 - 97/98)
Kevin Watson (95/96)
Gerry McMahon (94/95)
Lee Hodges (93/94),
By that measure I'd be the best 28 we've had.

Anyone else think it might be assuming a bit too much that this guy is all of a sudden going to be a revelation? Dembele was good, very good but his goal and assist rate hardly set the world alight. This guy might not even be as good as last season's version of Sissoko and we lost something like 11 league games with him. Takes most players a season to get up to speed with how we train and play, let alone the old its the best league in the world crap.

Anyone else think it might be assuming a bit too much that this guy is all of a sudden going to be a revelation? Dembele was good, very good but his goal and assist rate hardly set the world alight. This guy might not even be as good as last season's version of Sissoko and we lost something like 11 league games with him. Takes most players a season to get up to speed with how we train and play, let alone the old its the best league in the world crap.

He looks the real deal to me, but as you say, to expect him to come in and just boss the premier league is asking too much. Like with anyone we bring in, we need to be patient and give them time to bed in. Even Modric needed time to settle.

If he gets a proper pre-season, and avoids injury the first couple of months, I think he will be a sure starter. He might use a bit time to get used to the PL and our style, but he has all the tools to be a great player for us.

Back