• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

“He is coming back” – Club soon to announce the signing of Tottenham player
By Nihat Emre Kocaaslan -

7th June 2019

TRT Spor journalist Fatih Dogan has claimed Fenerbahce are close to announcing the arrival of Tottenham Hotspur forward Vincent Janssen.

The Dutchman spent the season before last on loan with the Super Lig club and in recent weeks he’s been linked with a return to Istanbul.

Dogan has spoken on TRT Spor’s ‘Transfer Daily’ show and says Janssen will be re-joining Fenerbahce, as covered by Kramponlu Pisagor: “Fenerbahce held talks with Vincent Janssen and his representatives. He is coming back to Fenerbahce.”

The Turkish journalist hasn’t given any indication whether this will be a loan or a permanent deal but previous reports in Turkey claimed Fenerbahce are looking to land the Tottenham player for a cut price fee.

Janssen only played a handful of games for Fener due to injury but impressed with his attitude and work rate.

He’s expected to leave Tottenham this summer and has also been linked with a move to Russian club Lokomotiv Moscow.

The attacker is contracted to Spurs until June 2020.

Any money that we get for him is a bonus. The priority must be getting his wages off the books and freeing up a squad place.

I have nothing against the player himself, don't think there was a lack of effort on Vincent's part but those involved in the scouting and the long term vision of this signing really need to take a long hard look at themselves. Hope he gets a move to somewhere where he can play and find his groove again because it sure as fudge is not going to happen playing alongside Kane, there is no pace in that combination and it makes me shudder to think back to when both were starting together.

I don't see why. £17m well worth the punt at the time. Didn't work out

From the off I just never saw a possibility of him and Kane being a partnership as together consistently there is not enough mobility, folks might jump at this but in my opinion Janssen has the wrong kind of body shape considering the players we already had. Obviously Llorente doesn't differ in a lack of explosive pace but he brought the experience and guile, as well as something completely different for defenders to deal with.

It's always easy in hindsight and yeah things could still change (see Sissoko where I had like many others completely written him off) but to me, buying someone who is a bit like Kane yet absolutely nowhere near the same quality isn't a worthwhile "punt", especially for £17m because that is not chumps change by any stretch, time will tell in how much we can recoup but adding in the wages as well it's a big negative in my opinion.

We need options from the bench that can provide a genuine threat whether playing with Kane or replacing him offering something different to Kane. There's no chance it would happen now of course but my pipe dream would've been Emirates Marketing Project's Jesus, if you take Janssen and N'koudou out of the squad and we had Jesus it would step up the threat so much because it'd open up another way of playing (I suppose this might sound blindingly obvious now he's Brazil's number 9 but I have held this view for a while I promise!!).

Of course every club has signings that doesn't work out but as I said was the vision of how the powers that be saw the player as some sort of answer or improvement to the team as a whole is my concern; it's also a not example for promising young strikers who may be considering a move to us but I suppose that can come down to mEntal!ty as much as it does playing style amongst other factors.

From the off I just never saw a possibility of him and Kane being a partnership as together consistently there is not enough mobility, folks might jump at this but in my opinion Janssen has the wrong kind of body shape considering the players we already had.

I think that he was signed as cover not as a partner for Kane. The only time we would play with two traditional centre forwards is the final ten minutes of a game when we are losing. Frankly, tactics go out of the window in those positions.

From the off I just never saw a possibility of him and Kane being a partnership as together consistently there is not enough mobility, folks might jump at this but in my opinion Janssen has the wrong kind of body shape considering the players we already had. Obviously Llorente doesn't differ in a lack of explosive pace but he bought the experience and guile, as well as something completely different for defenders to deal with.

It's always easy in hindsight and yeah things could still change (see Sissoko where I had like many others completely written him off) but to me, buying someone who is a bit like Kane yet absolutely nowhere near the same quality isn't a worthwhile "punt", especially for £17m because that is not chumps change by any stretch, time will tell in how much we can recoup but adding in the wages as well it's a big negative in my opinion.

We need options from the bench that can provide a genuine threat whether playing with Kane or replacing him offering something different to Kane. There's no chance it would happen now of course but my pipe dream would've been Emirates Marketing Project's Jesus, if you take Janssen and N'koudou out of the squad and we had Jesus it would step up the threat so much because it'd open up another way of playing (I suppose this might sound blindingly obvious now he's Brazil's number 9 but I have held this view for a while I promise!!).

Of course every club has signings that doesn't work out but as I said was the vision of how the powers that be saw the player as some sort of answer or improvement to the team as a whole is my concern; it's also a not example for promising young strikers who may be considering a move to us but I suppose that can come down to mEntal!ty as much as it does playing style amongst other factors.

I never thought he was a partner to Kane, I thought he was an alternative.

I never had issue with his body shape, that stocky sort of build can be effective against defenders.

£17m is a minor buy, its not big money at all. This lad just had a hell of a season in the Eredivisie and looked like he could be useful in the premiership.

Could very easily have been one we didnt jump on (as people so often do) and then very quickly was out of our range. Definitely well worth the punt.

I think he was only every a buy him and see how he goes, I dont think he was meant to be top class instantly or anything like it. And it was only bad timing on injury that means we have him now and havent sold him already - Im pretty sure he would be gone by now otherwise.

I’m not sure what the scouts saw, he was written off fairly quickly by the manager.

Speculative, of course, but I tend to side with the line of thought Poch didnt like his attitude. Certainly seems to me like somethign went awry in training and a bad attitude seems to be the #1 crime under Poch. Poch literally banished him, thats Adebayor/Kaboul territory

Strange one really. Always seemed to give 100 % and still think he's worth a try. Have a feeling we'll see him scoring fairly frequently in Germany.

Think it comes down to the fact Poch would rather have attacking midfielders playing regularly that can also play up top, rather than "backup strikers" getting rusty / unhappy and meaning new personnel when they come in the team. Remember, it was only really due to desperation that Llorente got matches.

Good luck to the lad, and hope he get his careers back on track.

Certainly a "no hard feelings" situation for me.

It didnt work out, but not in a way that bears any resentment at all.

Saw him linked with Anderlecht this morning as well, he would absolutely tear it up in Belgium...

Think Schalke or Anderlecht would be great moves for him, hope he can rediscover form and find enjoyment in football again.

Shame it never worked out here as I think there's definite talent buried beneath the surface. Didn't really get the opportunity he deserved either (for a range of reasons) that's the trade off of having a striker as prolific as Kane I guess.

Think Schalke or Anderlecht would be great moves for him, hope he can rediscover form and find enjoyment in football again.

Shame it never worked out here as I think there's definite talent buried beneath the surface. Didn't really get the opportunity he deserved either (for a range of reasons) that's the trade off of having a striker as prolific as Kane I guess.

Shalke would be best for him, IMO. Belgium is weaker than the Eredivisie, its a major step back in his career. The Bundesliga however offers a real opportunity.

Are Anderlecht in the CL though?

Not sure, but it borders on the like of Celtic IMO. Amateur domestic league and the CL games being the only real tests all season. Which the team isnt equipped for because of the amateur domestic league...

Personally, CL or not, Id much prefer Shalke and have better quality football every week.

Strange one really. Always seemed to give 100 % and still think he's worth a try. Have a feeling we'll see him scoring fairly frequently in Germany.

Think it comes down to the fact Poch would rather have attacking midfielders playing regularly that can also play up top, rather than "backup strikers" getting rusty / unhappy and meaning new personnel when they come in the team. Remember, it was only really due to desperation that Llorente got matches.

Good luck to the lad, and hope he get his careers back on track.

Pretty much my feeling as well, sometimes players find it hard to settle into certain teams but he has talent and we just never saw enough of him to say otherwise. Good luck to him.

Back