• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ndombele

Worst case scenario is we commit to spending £60m+ on him, he comes in, is utter brick, then breaks down with a chronic injuries ala Lamela/Wanyama and runs his 200k a week contract through the next 5 years and we never see a performance or return from/on the player.

Using the above, you wouldn't spend 50m either would you? You'd never sign a player if you worried about that eventuality.

Worst case scenario is we commit to spending £60m+ on him, he comes in, is utter brick, then breaks down with a chronic injuries ala Lamela/Wanyama and runs his 200k a week contract through the next 5 years and we never see a performance or return from/on the player.

There is always a club to take him on loan and cover some of that.

He’s amazing, so it’s not an issue...

There is always a club to take him on loan and cover some of that.

He’s amazing, so it’s not an issue...

I should say, Im all in favour of signing him - and at that money, Im playing devils advocate somewhat.

Benny_Lad's worst case scenario was far from such, IMO, that was all really.

Though I would continue to play devils advicate and contest your point, if he did turn out to be a perma crocked turd - why would anyone loan him?

He havent loaned Wanyama. We couldnt ship Sissoko while he was brick - and he was fit! We have experience, years worth, of players either perma-injured or out of form that we just havent been able to get rid of.

I dont think there is always a club willing to take them on loan...

I should say, Im all in favour of signing him - and at that money, Im playing devils advocate somewhat.

Benny_Lad's worst case scenario was far from such, IMO, that was all really.

Though I would continue to play devils advicate and contest your point, if he did turn out to be a perma crocked turd - why would anyone loan him?

He havent loaned Wanyama. We couldnt ship Sissoko while he was brick - and he was fit! We have experience, years worth, of players either perma-injured or out of form that we just havent been able to get rid of.

I dont think there is always a club willing to take them on loan...

We had offers for Wanyama last summer - WBA was at least one.

Wheelchair had a few options as well.

There is always a West Ham.

Could be Lyon playing mind games saying there are offers to make us panic, but they most likely do have a lot of offers. The longer we leave it the more chance someone else will come in and get it done. Sometimes wish there were no rumours in the press and it was a signing out of the blue like Son was. You have no time to build your hope up then.

Could be Lyon playing mind games saying there are offers to make us panic, but they most likely do have a lot of offers. The longer we leave it the more chance someone else will come in and get it done. Sometimes wish there were no rumours in the press and it was a signing out of the blue like Son was. You have no time to build your hope up then.

It does smack of mind games. If there had been “a lot of offers” as Aulas says, you’d expect more noise about them in the press, not least from Aulas himself as he doesn’t seem averse to using the media/social media directly to convey a message.
More from him

Why is it anytime a players club comes out and says there are lots of clubs interested in a player people on here always go to the idea of it just being mind games?:D

Look at the standard of player we are interested in, there are bound to be other clubs who have made offers. The likelihood of a player of his standard being available for a not ridiculous fee and us being the only club to make an offer is highly highly unlikely....

Why is it anytime a players club comes out and says there are lots of clubs interested in a player people on here always go to the idea of it just being mind games?:D

Look at the standard of player we are interested in, there are bound to be other clubs who have made offers. The likelihood of a player of his standard being available for a not ridiculous fee and us being the only club to make an offer is highly highly unlikely....

Haha. Wishful thinking on my part perhaps!
But there does seem to be a lack of news/rumour about other clubs making competing offers for NDombele - yet.

Haha. Wishful thinking on my part perhaps!
But there does seem to be a lack of news/rumour about other clubs making competing offers for NDombele - yet.

I think the step up clubs that need him other players on their radar

Madrid don’t want him they want Pogba (different style I know)
Juve want Rabiot on a free
United would love him but he won’t wtep down to Europa
City want Rhodri so possibly Atletico could go in for him
Barca have just signed De Jong in the same position
PSG could sign him but their a bit of a mad house and hard to predict

Then who else would be a step up?

I think the step up clubs that need him other players on their radar

Madrid don’t want him they want Pogba (different style I know)
Juve want Rabiot on a free
United would love him but he won’t wtep down to Europa
City want Rhodri so possibly Atletico could go in for him
Barca have just signed De Jong in the same position
PSG could sign him but their a bit of a mad house and hard to predict

Then who else would be a step up?
Exactly. For the money Lyon is asking for him, we're pretty much the only team that is interested that can afford him, so it actually makes more sense that Levy is negotiating and not just paying whatever they're asking.

From a risk point of view the 63m is basically non existent isn't it?

Lets assume worst case scenario. We agree 50m + performance top ups. Things don't work out. We sell for 35m. Its a 15m risk vs a potential upside of being amazing for us for 5+ years, or being amazing for 3 years and moving on for 100m+.

Thats why I dont get too precious about transfer fees. Look at Pogba. £86m. Massively inconsistent. Unlikely to move for less than 3 figures.

Others think differently on Pogba - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/19/paul-pogba-manchester-united-sell

It's also the wages, signing on fee, agents fee etc. The transfer fee is just the headline part but someone signing on a 5 year deal on 150K a week with a 4m sign on fee and £2m agent fee is an extra £45m commitment on top of the transfer fee.

2009 called. They want you back. :)
:p:D

But seriously. I'm not contesting the fact that N'Dombele seemingly wants to join us, and that we're an attractive prospect (unlike back in 2009 as you suggest).

My pessimism is more down to the fact that I truly think we need to get this over the line asap before we fall foul of another "bigger" club coming in.
We've seen it before and it's been a damn site more recently than 2009.
I'm sure Levy is working at it, but it's at typical Levy-pace!! We've been burned before but it doesn't ever deter him. Admirable at times, but there's more at stake on this occasion, not least in Poch!!

Just get it done!! Let's show the others we mean bloody business!!!

Your biggest problem ( like a lot of other fans) is actually believing what you read in the press/ tw atte r etc. :). Building your hopes up about some rubbish ( mostly) that is written etc is a waste of time.

Back