• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Well, the format of this debate has been awful, it's like a worse version of PMQs and Question Time combined and I didn't think that was possible. Nobody has learned anything, Johnson will be delighted that he hasn't had much chance to speak and that none of the others have stood out.
Javid and Stewart are bright but just not strong enough.

Gove has surprised me in his ability to sound more statesmanlike than the others. He's just not very good.

Who let the green/pinko cake molester on?

What's the point of a Conservative leadership debate when half of those asking the questions clearly don't vote for them?

Sadly I think Rory Stewart would get eaten alive by the BS in the Tory party.

But if it meant a split, great. The nutjobs can join Farage.
A new cente right party gets created.
The centre left Labour break away.
Plus the lib Dems and we have nice healthy five party coalition politics.
Scandi style.
Then just introduce PR and catch up with the rest of the world.

Who let the green/pinko cake molester on?

What's the point of a Conservative leadership debate when half of those asking the questions clearly don't vote for them?

The whole idea of a Conservative leadership debate which 0.18% (no exaggeration - exact figure) of the UK's population will vote in is redundant to begin with and I imagine it's easier than play find the Tory member.

Hunt could be a dark horse. Boris looked weak to me. They all want to 'deliver Brexit' none of them seem to say how.

Last edited:
The whole idea of a Conservative leadership debate which 0.18% (no exaggeration - exact figure) of the UK's population will vote in is redundant to begin with and I imagine it's easier than play find the Tory member.
As redundant as it might be, it is a contest for the leadership of the party and the questions should be posed by that part of the electorate.

Pretty worrying time for the UK imo. Why? Because the party in power have a gun to their head. Deliver Brexit or lose to the Brexit party or Corbyn. That is a desperate situation! Perversely imo the new PM will be relying on Labour in parliment to stop them delivering Brexit. It may be their only out. Promise the impossible, then blame Labour when it doesn't happen, and hope they can come out the otherside. But if this does not happen for any reason, we could be trouble.

Brexit by default, thanks to the Farage and Corbyn gun held to the temples of the Torys, could be disasterous. What would be the collatoral? Jobs, UK prosperity, property market slump, forign investment slump, the UK being held to trade deals involving visas quotas for other far flung nations, a less white UK, and a period of semi-chaos that could last a number of years. I am not sure any politician could deliver that on purpose, but by default, with the fear of going down in history as the one who broke the conservative party and put Corbyn in power, some of these candidates may well deliver a shi1 show. So the Torys fear Corbyn but may also rely on him as a saviour.

It might be oppotune to move assets away from the UK over the next 6 months. I don't think this worst case scenerio will come to fruition, but during the bluff and bluster the UK could suffer from this nonsense.

As redundant as it might be, it is a contest for the leadership of the party and the questions should be posed by that part of the electorate.
And the PM. Surely the other 99.82% are allowed to ask a question seen as they can't vote. It doesn't seem a lot to ask.

A simple "Yes, Im actually a crackpot" would have sufficed.

So calling you out as a right wing hypocrite suddenly makes someone a 'crackpot' I did all that without resorting to abuse too, but I have put that right in this reply. Yeah right.... You love dishing it out, but cry like a little girl when you cop it. What a baby!

So calling you out as a right wing hypocrite suddenly makes someone a 'crackpot' I did all that without resorting to abuse too, but I have put that right in this reply. Yeah right.... You love dishing it out, but cry like a little girl when you cop it. What a baby!

You really are quite hilarious.

I am not crying, I am not even upset, rather Im just kind of amused and bemused.

I am not right wing. I am not a hypocrite. I am perfectly capable of holding a conversation on here - even with those I rather disagree with.

Most of all though, I do try to engage.

You? You blunder in with blasts of rhetoric, pretty well always missing the point/completely incorrect, but always aggressive and often rather offensive. Bull in a china shop stuff.

Its baffling, at least it was until I began to consider you a zealot. Then it starts to make a lot of sense. You are so far into your ideology you have lost all sense, perspective and reason.

THAT is what makes you a crackpot.

Javid and Stewart are bright but just not strong enough.

Gove has surprised me in his ability to sound more statesmanlike than the others. He's just not very good.

I think Stewart has got a bit of a 'Gareth Southgate last summer' vibe about him. The quiet determined guy with bags of integrity, who could unite the dressing room, then the country.

I think Stewart has got a bit of a 'Gareth Southgate last summer' vibe about him. The quiet determined guy with bags of integrity, who could unite the dressing room, then the country.
He's got integrity bit he's absolutely not a leader. I'm not even sure he'd make much of a deputy either.

He's just a bit weak. Last night he was the smartest, most honest and most well informed person in the room and he didn't command it at all.

Back