• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Lampard to Chelsea will be a mess, will be good for us though, one less top 4 push
Every time I think they are in trouble they seem to come out if it ok, proverbial roosterroach that they are.

No signings possible, CL participation, best player leaving, potentially rookie manager taking over and owner seemingly losing interest would usually mean a bad season, but this is the team that won the CL with a caretaker when they were finishing 6th when they had the biggest domestic budget, which probably swayed Hazard to join them. When they fail to make CL they win the league due to keeping the squad fresh / no injuries. They got over 50m for the comedy PlayStation defender sideshow Bob, over 100m for a player with one year left who openingly wanted to leave even 5m for a manager they were trying to hound out.

Even when their poisonous fans hate the manager he tends to win them the Europa cup!

I’m preparing myself for Fat Frankie’s Fledglings to win them the quadruple next season.

In the build-up to the Champions League final, Jose Mourinho was interviewed by Eleven Sports in Portugal and it largely went unnoticed in the British media.

The quotes were not widely picked up but what he said will spark debate among Chelsea fans after their former manager hinted at returning to Stamford Bridge for a third stint at some point in his career

While it looks unlikely that it will be this time around as the London club appear to have set their sights on Frank Lampard, Mourinho's words raise an interesting question.

The critics will say the loss of Eden Hazard, combined with a potential transfer ban, means Mourinho would not be suited to a return under the current circumstances, but in his interview, the Portuguese coach appeared to open the door to a different approach.

His reputation is of course based on his ability to win trophies and doing it in a pragmatic way, although he will argue that his Chelsea side with Damien Duff and Arjen Robben, as well as his free-scoring Real Madrid side, also entertained.

Intriguingly, there seems a willingness to adapt.

"I've been using the time to work on my future, to improve my technical staff, to find a new dimension to my work, without obviously losing what I am," Mourinho said to Eleven Sports.

"It was me who, being as I am and thinking as I think, got to where I am. But my work has been at that level. I want to be better, I want to adapt, I want to reformulate myself and that's what I've been doing."

This reference to adapting could be an acknowledgment of how well received the work of Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino has been at Liverpool and Tottenham respectively.

Pochettino has yet to win a trophy with Spurs but his teams have a reputation for playing good football and the feeling is that the club is moving forward under his leadership.

Klopp had won nothing with Liverpool until the recent Champions League final but what he has done is build slowly with constant improvement and that has given them the platform to be in what is now an incredibly strong position going forward.

Spurs are expected to buy this summer while Klopp has been backed in the transfer market in recent years - but patience has been required.

A perfect example is their decision to wait on the opportunity to sign Alisson when they were having problems with Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius. Ask any United or Chelsea fan if Mourinho would have waited and you know the answer, but is that changing?

"Winning in a different fifth championship or winning a Champions League for a different third club are things I'd like to do, but I'm not obsessed with it," continued Mourinho.

"I'm more convinced by the project. I want to go happy. I don't want to accept a proposal without really being convinced. And to be happy it does not necessarily mean winning, which has always been my essence. But if they told me 'today there are no conditions to win, but we want you to create the conditions to win', I would evaluate."

Chelsea may fall into that category because of their transfer ban and the need for a long-term strategy. Could Mourinho adapt enough to deliver that vision? He would certainly have the personality to impress Chelsea's young players and may just squeeze enough out of them.

Joe Cole has gone on record describing how Mourinho understood him as a young player, while Karim Benzema also praised the manager's handling of him during his formative years.

Chelsea can call on a number of high-profile players who played out on loan last season including Tammy Abraham, Michy Batshuayi, Alvaro Morata, Victor Moses, Kenedy, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Kurt Zouma.

They also added Christian Pulisic to their ranks as Hazard's replacement and had dozens of younger players out on loan

Derby want £4m before allowing Frank Lampard to return to Chelsea

Chelsea are hopeful of making a quick appointment to replace Maurizio Sarri after they confirm the head coach’s departure this weekend.

Frank Lampard, Nuno Espírito Santo, the Wolverhampton Wanderers manager, and Ralf Rangnick, of RB Leipzig, are the three leading candidates to replace Sarri, who has agreed a three-year contract at Juventus after the Italian club committed to paying Chelsea compensation of between £5-8 million to secure the 60-year-old.

Lampard, 40, is the favourite in a field limited by the fact that Chelsea are banned from signing players for the next two transfer windows, making them an unattractive proposition to many top-class managers.

The former Chelsea midfielder is hugely popular with the fans, has a good rapport with the club’s young players and would be relatively easy to extricate from Derby County, where he impressed in his first management job last season. The Sky Bet Championship club will demand that Chelsea pay the full £4 million value of the two years left on Lampard’s contract at Pride Park.

His candidacy has been enhanced by his track record of working with young players, on whom he would have to rely heavily because of the transfer ban. The midfielder Mason Mount, 20, and the defender Fikayo Tomori, 21, both impressed during loan spells at Derby from Chelsea.

Lampard would be accompanied by another former Chelsea player, Jody Morris, 40, and the fitness coach Chris Jones if he returns to Stamford Bridge.

I thought the link was mainly lazy journalism, but its looking quite likely now.

Chelsea have a lot of young players on loan and have done historically. They can't all have been bad. If someone gives these players opportunities and the manager is given time (yes, I know) they could build a young nucleus for a team which can then be supplemented with some expensive signings. It would be an interesting approach for Chelsea to take while Roman is sulking in Israel.

However, we all know the chances of the manager lasting a bad patch are not promising. Knowing Chelsea as he does, you'd think Lampard would avoid this, but he probably thinks it will be different with him. They always do.

'ALMOST CERTAIN TO BE LAMAPRD'

SSN chief news reporter Kaveh Solhekol gives us the latest on the search for next Chelsea manager following Maurizio Sarri's departure to Juventus on Sunday.

"I think it is almost certainly going to be Frank Lampard, it is one of the worst kept secrets in football at the moment. Obviously, there are concerns at Chelsea about the fact he is relatively inexperienced as a manager – he’s only had one season as a manager with Derby County in the Championship.

"But, of course, he is a Chelsea legend, he knows the club, he understands the club, he knows the young players at the club he is going to have to bring through because they are under a transfer ban at the moment.

"He will be bringing people with him, who will help him – like Jody Morris, who worked and played for Chelsea and is currently his assistant manager at Derby. There’s also talk of Chris Jones, the first-team coach at Derby, coming with him.

"He is somebody who worked for 12 seasons at Stamford Bridge as a coach. Also Petr Cech, who will be returning to Chelsea in a technical role. There is also talk of Didier Drogba coming back and then Shay Given as a goalkeeping coach. So there will be lots of people around to help him – not that he needs that much help, anyway."

I like Lampard, and I think he did well with Derby - but this is just crackers.

If he proved anything with Derby it was that he had potential, but that he needed to keep working at it. He is no where near ready for a CL level club with title aspirations.

'ALMOST CERTAIN TO BE LAMAPRD'

SSN chief news reporter Kaveh Solhekol gives us the latest on the search for next Chelsea manager following Maurizio Sarri's departure to Juventus on Sunday.

"I think it is almost certainly going to be Frank Lampard, it is one of the worst kept secrets in football at the moment. Obviously, there are concerns at Chelsea about the fact he is relatively inexperienced as a manager – he’s only had one season as a manager with Derby County in the Championship.

"But, of course, he is a Chelsea legend, he knows the club, he understands the club, he knows the young players at the club he is going to have to bring through because they are under a transfer ban at the moment.

"He will be bringing people with him, who will help him – like Jody Morris, who worked and played for Chelsea and is currently his assistant manager at Derby. There’s also talk of Chris Jones, the first-team coach at Derby, coming with him.

"He is somebody who worked for 12 seasons at Stamford Bridge as a coach. Also Petr Cech, who will be returning to Chelsea in a technical role. There is also talk of Didier Drogba coming back and then Shay Given as a goalkeeping coach. So there will be lots of people around to help him – not that he needs that much help, anyway."

I like Lampard, and I think he did well with Derby - but this is just crackers.

If he proved anything with Derby it was that he had potential, but that he needed to keep working at it. He is no where near ready for a CL level club with title aspirations.
I’d be very impressed if he turned down due to his lack of experience, but he’d have to back himself over the longer term as it may well be his stock could be at its highest whist the Chelsea job is at its most unattractive for a proven manager.

I’d be very impressed if he turned down due to his lack of experience, but he’d have to back himself over the longer term as it may well be his stock could be at its highest whist the Chelsea job is at its most unattractive for a proven manager.

Its an odd one.

I credit him with being a pretty smart guy, but I honestly expect he would take Chelsea on. Its a too good to refuse sort of job.

At Derby he has high expectation and low budget. Half his team are loanees, so even right this second with them having gone back to their clubs he has a big recruitment job to do. The Championship is a really tough league and Derby are, really, play off material at best.

His stock is high, a poor season next season could mean this sort of opportunity doesnt come again.

Chelsea is, IMHO, a clusterfudge and Lampard would be destined to fail there (as would most managers). That said, its a Premier league, Champions League team, with a decent squad and somewhere the fans love him. Even if it goes wrong (which Id expect) he would leave as a Pl manager and get better opportunities than Derby thereafter.

Whatever happens Lampard, with Derby, has already eclipsed anything that Pep has done.

Just remember Pep had Valdés, Piqué, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto’o, Messi, Thierry Henry, Alves and Busquets in the first year he managed Barca.

I may be wrong but i believe Lampard has the makings of a good manager, however IF i was him i would give Derby another season before making the big move.

I think footballers have to be confident of their abilities to be successful, so I doubt he will turn it down because he is not ready. He might decide its not a good time (transfer ban, the Roman holiday) and make some declaration about needing to honour his contract at Derby.

On the other hand, the managerial game is uncertain. How long until he gets another shot at a club in the CL? That and his affinity to the club might make it impossible to turn down.

As for his potential as manager, I think he is the type of player who can make the transition. I don't think he was the most talented player, but he made the most of what he had (unlike say Rooney or even Gerrard). That ability to see what was needed and work on it can translate well to management and coaching. Whether Chelsea is the environment to allow him to develop is another matter.

If not Lampard, who else? Do they actually want a coach with a track record of developing youngsters or another big name to try and control that toxic dressing room?

Although he’d initially be a popular appointment the team came 3rd and won and lost a cup final with a manager they hated, now without Hazard and no opportunity to make transfers he might feel somewhat else can take the initial hit as they take a downturn and then provided he keeps Derby at a similar level he can swoop in when expectations are lower, maybe after Christmas when he will get a free hit and then a transfer window before being judged?

Lampard and a bunch of youngsters might work for a club with an owner who doesn't demand instant success. Hopefully, the fans will pressure Abramovich into giving Lampard and his young players lots of time, so they can be led into mid-table irrelevance. Then he gets sacked and the fans call for Roman's head, who then decides to sell up and demand his loan back, crippling them forever and sending them into League 1 where they belong.

You left out the part where Roman gets sent off to a Russian gulag for the rest of his life to atone for his theft of state assets, but other that, this is perfect.

If not Lampard, who else? Do they actually want a coach with a track record of developing youngsters or another big name to try and control that toxic dressing room?

Although he’d initially be a popular appointment the team came 3rd and won and lost a cup final with a manager they hated, now without Hazard and no opportunity to make transfers he might feel somewhat else can take the initial hit as they take a downturn and then provided he keeps Derby at a similar level he can swoop in when expectations are lower, maybe after Christmas when he will get a free hit and then a transfer window before being judged?

Lampard has two advantages with the dressing room. One he was a top class player with the club, which will gain him respect from the players. Two, it looks like he is Roman's personal choice, as there are reports of a telephone call to try and persuade him. There is also the question of who contributed to the toxic dressing room. Could the big name player who was intermittent in his efforts have been part of it.

There is definitely a case for skipping the transfer ban and period after the loss of Hazard. Then come riding to the rescue. However, his stock is good now, perhaps more than it should be. I'd imagine that after losing in the playoffs, the expectation is for promotion. If he doesn't get that, even another playoff loss might be seen as the limit of what he can do. Or course, if he wins promotion his stock rises further, but getting promotion from the Championship is not easy.

I think this could be an absolute clusterfcuk for Lampard and the Chavs. Losing Hazard who was so easily their best player, a comedy outfit in defence at times and a few average strikers. Transfer limitations too IIRC.

Will be some fun viewing this coming season.

D9STNXUWwAIBiNJ

Lampard is an intelligent person with a far higher IQ than most players in professional sports and appears to have good communication skills, it should be possible for him to use these attributes to make a success at managerial level. Whether it's at Chelsea at this time it's difficult to predict as their history of employing coaches/managers is erratic and results don't guarantee security, I think he needs maybe a year or two at a club like Everton who are trying to get into the top 6 and may be backed by the board rather than staying at Derby.

I think he’d be mad not to take it, the opportunity might not be there in the future.

“Failing” at Chelsea does less damage to a reputation than elsewhere imo.

Back