• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ndombele

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy and Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas know each other well and their relationship will come to the fore again as they negotiate over Tanguy Ndombele.

The 22-year-old France international is currently an object of affection for Tottenham and many others and Aulas is well aware that he does not have to sell the young midfielder on the cheap.

Much of the dealings over Ndombele will come down to the relationship between two men well-known for their negotiating ability and the 70-year-old Lyon owner has certainly has had his ups and downs with the 57-year-old Spurs chairman.

The two men appear to be chalk and cheese on paper. Levy is notoriously publicity shy, only speaking rarely at events when it is entirely necessary.

Aulas, a business man believed to be worth around £600m, on the other hand is happy to speak to the media and is one of the more outspoken club chiefs in Europe, often setting prices publicly for his players.

However, there are similarities. Both men are described as awkward to deal with by their counterparts in football.

Both of them are criticised for running their football clubs as businesses, Levy prudently spending on the pitch while investing heavily off of it and Aulas taking Lyon from being a second division outfit to Ligue 1 champions seven times in a row while creating a transfer model where he has a near conveyor belt of talent replacing other players sold for hefty fees.

So what happens when two immovable objects meet?

Their first dealings between the two men in transfer terms came in 2012 when Levy negotiated the signing of Hugo Lloris. It's fair to say Aulas did not enjoy their dealings that summer and there were claims aplenty made.

"We had people speaking all night with Daniel Levy," said the Lyon supremo. "He talks a lot and goes back on what we've agreed in writing. Agreements have not at all been respected.

"The first negotiation was at the start of the window, about a month and a half ago, through an intermediary who was a French lawyer who lives in Lyon. And then nothing for about a month and a half. The negotiation then picked up again about a week ago.

"We had email exchanges which have been contradicted, so that’s made it very complicated. It’s difficult. The Tottenham board’s theory is to explain that the economic market is very hard and so we have to get used to renegotiating.

"It’s been very, very difficult. I’ve got 25 years of experience as a president of a club and it’s our 16th participation in a European competition in a row. But this is very rare in the football world. The negotiation with the Tottenham directors has been the hardest I have ever had to undergo in these 25 years."

However, by the time they duo next conversed over a transfer deal - the 2015 signing of Clinton Njie - all appeared to have been patched up and Aulas was quick to praise Levy for the way he did business.

"I had Daniel Levy, on the phone many times," said Aulas that summer. "Levy insists on signing Clinton. We are close to an agreement. But we want to finalize other deals before [selling him], including the very important investment we are doing with Roma. Much has progressed.

"I thank Daniel Levy for making an offer that is respectable."

The following year, following Njie's disappointing first season at Spurs, Aulas attempted to sign the Cameroon international back on loan. It did not work out and Njie would eventually move to Lyon but it was clear the relationship between the two club chairman was now a good working one.

"We were interested in Njie," said the Frenchman. "I think my friend Levy, the president of Tottenham, had more desire to loan him to Marseille, but I think that Njie would rather come back to Lyon because he knows what maybe awaits him in Marseille."

Levy and Aulas speak frequently and there is a working relationship there, but with Ndombele valued at more than £75m and with other clubs interested, it is going to be a battle of the negotiators to see who comes out on top.

Not sure with that interview. (Video)

When he was asked about his future, he was slightly smirking and smiling when saying he was going away on holiday and not thinking about it until his return,when the smile and smirking looked like he already knew what was going on.

BUT then went back to seriousness and straight bat when asked about us in particular. Hmmm?

Not sure with that interview. (Video)

When he was asked about his future, he was slightly smirking and smiling when saying he was going away on holiday and not thinking about it until his return,when the smile and smirking looked like he already knew what was going on.

BUT then went back to seriousness and straight bat when asked about us in particular. Hmmm?
Maybe because he was found out? ;)

It's like saying "Oh I don't know how good a hand I have" when you're holding 4 aces and then someone asks you "Do you have 4 aces?"

Yeah I think this one and lo celso are as good as done, its just levy trying to get the best deal possible to save funds for other signings.

Im sure each could be done now for £65m but levy has probably offered around £50m and will spend the next few weeks getting the best deal he can.

My bet is both will come for a combined £120m roughly.

We can then get the sessegnon deal done and maybe one other.

Then towards the end of the window when madrid are getting desperate, we will nab bale on loan on a great deal for us.

Also a couple more incomings depending on whether toby and or eriksen leave.

Yeah I think this one and lo celso are as good as done, its just levy trying to get the best deal possible to save funds for other signings.

Im sure each could be done now for £65m but levy has probably offered around £50m and will spend the next few weeks getting the best deal he can.

My bet is both will come for a combined £120m roughly.

We can then get the sessegnon deal done and maybe one other.

Then towards the end of the window when madrid are getting desperate, we will nab bale on loan on a great deal for us.

Also a couple more incomings depending on whether toby and or eriksen leave.

How long have you known? Or better still how long have you supported spurs ... we don't do this sort of thing.

How long have you known? Or better still how long have you supported spurs ... we don't do this sort of thing.
For some weird reason some on here have decided all of a sudden we are going to be splashing the cash and getting a load of deals done early based on nothing except the usual speculation that we are subjected to every year and to date has never come close to being the case. There is nothing to evidence this is about to change, just because there is more acknowledgment we need an overhaul doesn’t mean Levy is about to abandon his previous transfer tactics....

For some weird reason some on here have decided all of a sudden we are going to be splashing the cash and getting a load of deals done early based on nothing except the usual speculation that we are subjected to every year and to date has never come close to being the case. There is nothing to evidence this is about to change, just because there is more acknowledgment we need an overhaul doesn’t mean Levy is about to abandon his previous transfer tactics....

It might have something to do with Poch pretty much saying splash the cash or i’m off to Levy.

I always think clubs don’t tend to sign players when their away as it means their paying wages they don’t need to pay
We wait two weeks and that’s potentially £250k saved for example

Back