• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Youth Players/On-Loan Thread 2018/19

Good to hear this from Robbie Keane about Troy Parrott.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/so...aution-over-prodigious-troy-parrott-1.3923248

"Has he got ability? Absolutely. I speak to (Mauricio) Pochettino all the time and he loves him. Jésus (Perez) the assistant manager loves him. He definitely has potential but then he. . .what? 17. . just turned 17; I know I got thrown in at 17 but he’s still young and he’s had a lot of attention. People at Tottenham love him,” he continued, “he’s a lovely lad, he definitely has the meteorology, he has everything so he certainly has a chance but it’s up to him.
When we took the job over I had an hour with him at the Tottenham training ground,” he says. “I went over and had lunch with him, just wanted to have a chat with him, see where he was. He definitely has the right temperament to be a top player and like I say the manager speaks very highly of him. He’s got a chance so, when the opportunity comes for him he needs to take it."

There's talk of Keane being Woodgate's assistant at Boro. I wonder if they'd be interested in taking him on loan.

There's talk of Keane being Woodgate's assistant at Boro. I wonder if they'd be interested in taking him on loan.

I think going to a place like Middlesborough (small deprived town, goldfish bowl) and working with people like Woodgate and Keane (well known party boys) could be career ending

crouch_1505599c.jpg

Good to hear this from Robbie Keane about Troy Parrott.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/so...aution-over-prodigious-troy-parrott-1.3923248

"Has he got ability? Absolutely. I speak to (Mauricio) Pochettino all the time and he loves him. Jésus (Perez) the assistant manager loves him. He definitely has potential but then he. . .what? 17. . just turned 17; I know I got thrown in at 17 but he’s still young and he’s had a lot of attention. People at Tottenham love him,” he continued, “he’s a lovely lad, he definitely has the meteorology, he has everything so he certainly has a chance but it’s up to him.
When we took the job over I had an hour with him at the Tottenham training ground,” he says. “I went over and had lunch with him, just wanted to have a chat with him, see where he was. He definitely has the right temperament to be a top player and like I say the manager speaks very highly of him. He’s got a chance so, when the opportunity comes for him he needs to take it."

By no means am I saying I'd rather us be competing in the Europa League but I feel it's so much more likely for up and coming talents like Parrott to get minutes if that was the level we were at. I think Kane had a couple of years on young Troy and even still found opportunities very hard to come by and IIRC it was his performances in the group stages that were a big part of the case for him starting. Has it been reported that Parrott has been training with the 1st team so far? Either way though it's great to hear the coaching staff are aware and rate him highly.

As an added note, where's yoof at these days?! Maybe it's one for the vintage posters thread but hopefully not, was great to have his insight.

Back