• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Start at the beginning would also be my recommendation though they are all stand alone episodes so you can pick and choose what to watch.

White Christmas is my favourite episode

USS Callister that Chich mentions above is a good one also.

Finished watching Chernobyl last night, and yes it's good, although it's not like they had to make up a decent/dramatic story. Plus I'd prefer it if they just used russian actors with sub titles (like das boot), some of the cast were poor ('finchy' as the Russian soldier :) for example)

Naturally it pretty haunting, the secrecy, the victims, the manipulation, the naivety. It certainly taught me a lot more about the event.

Finished watching Chernobyl last night, and yes it's good, although it's not like they had to make up a decent/dramatic story. Plus I'd prefer it if they just used russian actors with sub titles (like das boot), some of the cast were poor ('finchy' as the Russian soldier :) for example)

Naturally it pretty haunting, the secrecy, the victims, the manipulation, the naivety. It certainly taught me a lot more about the event.

Well you’ll be glad to hear that NTV are making an authentic Russian language version... which focuses on the KGB’s heroic efforts trying to find the CIA agent responsible for the espionage which lead to the disaster o_O

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...-tv-series-chernobyl-nuclear-disaster-1216383

5.01 of Black Mirror was a very good start to the season

Yeah I'm with you on the first episode, it poses questions and to me it's a real flex for the production crew, the filming /location work to recreating Striking Vipers was just awesome.

However the 2nd and 3rd are by Black Mirror's standards are so very disappointing. RE the 2nd, man has issue with social media, shock horror. 3rd, there just wasn't any real tension or twist. That press conference at the end where the crowd oohs and ahhs because a hologram can have instant costume changes, really?! I'm trying to work out who was worse for what, Miley Cyrus to BM or Ed Sheeran to GOT.

Where was the gut wrenching "Daaaaaaaam" moments where everything was turned on it's head?

I think you should leave on Netflix is quite good. Some really funny sketches.

Edit - starts out well, but uses up all the good stuff early on, it seems. :p

Last edited:
Love sex and robots if you are looking for a anthology to fill BM. Its 18 short Cartoons about 10 - 15 minutes each, all different styles so if you don't like one its no big deal.

The blurb is "A collection of animated short stories that span various genres including science fiction, fantasy, horror and comedy." and a few of them are really good ideas.

I particularly like Sonnie's Edge /The Witness /Suits /Good Hunting /The Secret War

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9561862/

It may be because I largely binge watched it but I had issues with the nudity and swearing in a lot of them. It was trying to hard to be edgy and they decided saying fudge or showing a rooster or pussy was the way to do it. Some it was part of the story but for others they put it in for shock.

Love sex and robots if you are looking for a anthology to fill BM. Its 18 short Cartoons about 10 - 15 minutes each, all different styles so if you don't like one its no big deal.

The blurb is "A collection of animated short stories that span various genres including science fiction, fantasy, horror and comedy." and a few of them are really good ideas.

I particularly like Sonnie's Edge /The Witness /Suits /Good Hunting /The Secret War

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9561862/

It may be because I largely binge watched it but I had issues with the nudity and swearing in a lot of them. It was trying to hard to be edgy and they decided saying fudge or showing a rooster or pussy was the way to do it. Some it was part of the story but for others they put it in for shock.

You mean Love Death + Robots, yeah? :p

Im no prude, but I do find the gratuitous/cynical use of swearing and nudity really ruins stuff for me these days.

When its a show where the swearing/nudity is valid and "fits" then absolutely no problem for me!

When its almost entirely unrelated to what Im watching and is just thrown in for shock value it really takes me out of the experience.

Be that live action/anime/animation - it really gets to me these days.

Back