• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

And he gets to use Conte's Turin hair replacement clinic

Things have clearly not been working out for Eriksen at Belgravia - 3 seasons in a row his summer job has failed before the end of the season.

I think he said if no one comes in he could sign a new contract, so maybe not leaving on a free after all.

Plus he said he wants to move up. If we make some statement signings this summer and really improve the team, there won't be many teams that would be a step up (even now there aren't). Barca, Real, City, Pool, Bayern, PSG. That's about it. Pool and City don't need him and Bayern can't afford him. So that leaves Real, Barca, and PSG. And if none of these teams are interested in signing him, then the highest he could do is Spurs. So I am not too worried about this one.

Yeah he said he would sign a contract if a better offer/bigger club doesn’t come in for him. I guess the question we need to ask ourselves is do we want to keep him here if his heart is not 100% in it and if he has checked out mentally even if 5-10%? His stats last season suggest he had a good season but to me he was playing like a player who wanted a move.

I have no doubt that if he ends up signing a new deal that he would be professional but me personally I would rather we brought in a hungry player who wants to play for the club. His recent comments would indicate he wants a new challenge which is fair enough. He’s been loyal to us and he should be allowed to leave as long as we receive a fair offer.

Shoe in to win Serie A again. Probably slightly better chance of winning a CL title too. Not much in it but they would arguably be shorter odds to win it next season than us.
Plus he gets Ronaldo to shout at him when he doesn’t get a pass and he doesn’t have to take free kicks any more. Maybe the different challenge Eriksen wants is an easier one, one where he earns for more for less responsibility and a couple of guaranteed domestic trophies in a less competitive league?

Personally I hope that we sign a no.10 early in the window, that no big team shows any interest in Eriksen, and that the extra competition (and other quality that we hopefully sign) acts as the re-energising factor that he understandably needs. Then with renewed energy and motivation he signs a nice new contract with a bigger and fairer wage, and he gets back to his best - rotating more than in the past, with Alli and the new no.10.

Even in a hypothetical world where he was 100% committed and motivated and had no chance of leaving, I still think we should definitely buy another no.10 for depth (in the general sense of being a central attacking player).

Shoe in to win Serie A again. Probably slightly better chance of winning a CL title too. Not much in it but they would arguably be shorter odds to win it next season than us.
That's the thing: they're a shoe-in. Not much of a challenge there. As for them being shorter odds than us in the CL, after this year I'm not so sure. Even last year our naivete is what cost us, not that we were the lesser side.

It probably is to be fair. They will almost certainly win their league and have CL participation too. I could see this move as a possibility, moreso than PSG which shows little ambition.
Agreed.

After several so-close-but-so-far seasons with Spurs I can’t really blame Eriksen for wanting a less stressful life in Serie A where he’s virtually guaranteed to win silverware for the first time since he left Ajax whilst also getting to train every day with (arguably the best player of his generation) Ronaldo.

If he goes to PSG then can only be for the payday, as nobody gives a fudge about winning French Farmer’s League or that diving prat Neymar.

Yeh this is not the Italian league of the early 90s, no one wants to go there and if they do its almost like blokes that go and manage in Scotland to pad out their trophy cabinet.

I would say go to Barce or Real with good luck from me, anywhere in Italy, I would not be happy.

Some of you guys are worse than the fudging tabloid press!
Eriksen has NEVER said that he doesn't want to stay. The only thing he's said is that he would not rule out a move.
Those two are not the same!

What do the club do then as a solution?
Buy a player in Eriksen position just in case he does leave.?

Whether he stays or goes we cannot rely on just one player who "makes us a tick" so yes we do need to buy a player. Ideally, an intelligent creative player like a number of City attacking midfielders who have the ability to play in more than just one attacking position

Last edited:
Back