• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

According to Foot Radio in France, Nabil Fekir could be available for just £15 million this summer, and that should put Tottenham Hotspur in red alert.

Tottenham have already been linked with the Lyon man in Le Parisien, and they should now step up their attempts to sign the French international.

Christian Eriksen’s comments rocked Tottenham yesterday, as he suggested that he may well leave White Hart Lane this summer.

Mauricio Pochettino will struggle to replace a player of Eriksen’s quality, but Fekir’s arrival would soften the blow considerably and for just £15 million he looks a brilliant buy.

Fekir has just a year left on his contract at Lyon, and the French club do not want to lose him on a free.

Tottenham must now take their chance to bring Fekir to White Hart Lane, as he could be a wonderful addition.

Fekir may be a different type of creator to Eriksen, but he could add pace and dynamism to Spurs’ front line.

Even if Tottenham bought Fekir, they would still have enough money left other to go after other targets now.

And if Fekir really is available for just £15 million then his signing looks like a complete no-brainer for Tottenham.

haha so if quotes are to be believed, we're looking to obliterate Lyon by taking Fekir, Mendy and N'Dombele. Then onto Betis for Carvalho and Lo Celso.

Guess it gives Ajax a breather this summer!

Last edited:
I amazed that there are still fans who believe the crap in the papers and elsewhere about transfers<

I think they can be decent indications for who we might be interested in, but as soon as specific sums about "transfer war chest" or this or that demand is written somewhere, it's usually gonad*s. :p

As has been the case for the last 5 years, with no leaks from the club there is basically nothing to report - so flimflam gets made up and written.

Sometimes I wish we would quash it as nonsense, but really we shouldnt get involved in that sort of thing.
Spot on. I think it's extremely unlikely that we'd let any credible information slip on our transfer budget.

Can we order a glory-glory truck of salt, park it somewhere and distribute large pinches of it regularly across the board. Scara? Virtual truck of salt server? Should be doable, no?

I really think we should have a good amount of money to spend on transfer fees - maybe even as much as City, Chelsea etc? According to Swiss Ramble, in 17/18 our EBITDA was bigger than everyone apart from Utd:

upload_2019-6-6_19-20-14.jpeg

EBITDA is basically total revenue (not incl. transfer fees) minus total expenses (not incl. transfer fees). Ours has increased massively thanks to our recent league and CL success, which has increased our revenue much more quickly than we’ve increased our wages (which is every club’s main expense):

upload_2019-6-6_19-23-24.jpeg

As long as our stadium dept repayments are covered by our increased revenue from NWHL going forward, and Levy isn’t stingy and insistent on paying off more debt than we have to, we could be rolling in cash for new players! Make it happen Danny boy, you beautiful bald genius!

Will be interesting to see if Levy adopts a pattern of transfer windows where we have a year when we don't spend anything and save our money followed by a year of big buys as we combine 2 years transfer pots into one thus enabling us to compete closer to the money doped clubs for top players

I cant see that we'll have enough cash to sign a left back - far higher priorities elsewhere

Tricky one the LB area. As impressed as I have been with Digne, Rose was excellent in the 2nd half of the season.

I probably should have clarified, he'd be a welcome addition if Rose or Davies were to leave. I'm happy with our first choice left backs. But in the right circumstances, Digne would be a great squad option.

Swap Eriksen for Sancho. Incredible player . Dele no.10 and Sancho on the right.

Sancho just missed a sitter however

haha so if quotes are to be believed, we're looking to obliterate Lyon by taking Fekir, Mendy and N'Dombele. Then onto Betis for Bruno Fernandes and Lo Celso.

Guess it gives Ajax a breather this summer!

Yeah, with 50 mill INCLUDING the cash from an Eriksen sale, according to the papers! Daniel Levy, you shrewd fudge! Hahahaha.

Will be interesting to see if Levy adopts a pattern of transfer windows where we have a year when we don't spend anything and save our money followed by a year of big buys as we combine 2 years transfer pots into one thus enabling us to compete closer to the money doped clubs for top players

I think it more likely we will look to get the squad up to a level this season, and then in coming seasons look to strengthen with 1 or 2 key buys.

All the while speculating on talent as well to see if we can find another gem

Tottenham have been offered PSG's Germany forward Julian Draxler, 25, as a potential replacement for Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen if the 27-year-old leaves the Premier League club. (Star)

Got to love The Star, always a day late with the news...

Everton have told Spurs they want 28-year-old England left-back Danny Rose and cash if they are to let France defender Lucas Digne, 25, leave Goodison Park. (Star)

Id do it

MAN UTD & SPURS LINK FLATTERS

Belgium midfielder Youri Tielemans says he is flattered by reported interest from Manchester United and Tottenham.

Tielemans, 22, impressed in his loan spell with Leicester City during the second half of the season, scoring four goals in 13 matches during his time at the King Power Stadium, and he hopes his future will be decided by the end of the month.

"We'll see which club it will be," he said. "The only thing I can say is things are moving. A lot of clubs have shown interest. We will see in the next few weeks who it will be.

"Yes [I am flattered by Man Utd and Spurs interest], they are really big teams in England and in Europe. To hear those names gives me confidence. I just try to play my game on the pitch and try my best."

Maddison ready to remain at Leicester
Manchester United target James Maddison has reportedly told Leicester he wants to stay at the club despite transfer interest.

Maddison has emerged as a transfer priority for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as he looks to strengthen his Red Devils side this summer.

Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project and Tottenham are also eyeing a £60m move for the England Under 21 star, who enjoyed an impressive first Premier League season with the Foxes.

But the creative midfielder has told chiefs at the King Power Stadium he is happy at the club and does not want to leave just 12 months after arriving in a summer switch from Norwich.

Spurs 'turn their attention to Fernandes'
Tottenham have turned their attention to Bruno Fernandes after seeing a bid for Giovani Lo Celso rejected, according to reports in Portugal.

Spurs are believed to have had a bid of £62m rejected for Betis playmaker Lo Celso, with the Spanish club reportedly holding out clubs for to match his £88m release clause.

With that fee thought to be more than Tottenham are willing to pay, A Bola reports that the Premier League club are set to switch their focus to Sporting Lisbon midfielder Fernandes.

Real 'to listen to offers for Isco'
Real Madrid are willing to listen to offers for Isco, according to Marca.

The midfielder experienced a miserable season and although not being actively shipped out could be allowed to leave the Bernabeu.

Emirates Marketing Project and Juventus have been linked in the past, but the Spaniard reportedly has no intention to depart.

Metro reporting Utd are interested in Dier.

I’m not sure how I feel about this, Dier hasn’t really performed for a couple of seasons now obviously his injuries this season have impacted his form, but the guy only has 2 years left on his contract, so if Utd stump up a good offer I wouldn’t be too disappointed if the club accepted.

Edit: I still don’t think he’ll make a good enough central defender due to his positioning and slow acceleration.

Back