• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

baboom *tish*

Brexit Party are no more than a means to an ends.

How do you think they will do in Peterborough?

Means to end of: The NHS. Animal welfare standards. Food product safety. Objections to fracking, working conditions standards, workers rights. Etc etc

Yes a means to an ends in deed.

Means to end of: The NHS. Animal welfare standards. Food product safety. Objections to fracking, working conditions standards, workers rights. Etc etc

No, it doesnt.

It means the freedom to choose.

It is you assuming a choice that is yet to happen, thats all your imagination at this point.

Yes but there are so many other upsides! Nayim talks about oppotunites, but no knows what they are? :) Is Brexit the biggest farce of our time? Trump to me is no big deal. Tweets some stupid stuff has some controversal ideas but in the main he is not half as radical as he seems. Brexit on the other hand is just pure unadulterated waste of time and money. A backward step away from free trade, the environment, the global reality and future. The final nail in Great Britian which has gone from colonial power to wealthy respected nation to peripheral laughing stock.

Reactions: DTA
No, it doesnt.

It means the freedom to choose.

It is you assuming a choice that is yet to happen, thats all your imagination at this point.

Just a few questions if I may:

Freedom to choose what?

Do you think that you get a better deal negotiating with a bigger or smaller potential trade partner?

Do you accept that no deal will leave us poorer with less power at least until we sign trade deals?

Do you think that being in a poorer and weaker position than we are at present, is the best circumstances to start trade negotiations with a much bigger trade partner?

How desperate do you think Brexiters in power, will be to get a big trade deal done with the US?

If you are the US, what would be the British assets/markets you would want to strip.... Sorry I meant have access to?

Just a few questions if I may:

Freedom to choose what?

Do you think that you get a better deal negotiating with a bigger or smaller potential trade partner?

Do you accept that no deal will leave us poorer with less power at least until we sign trade deals?

Do you think that being in a poorer and weaker position than we are at present, is the best circumstances to start trade negotiations with a much bigger trade partner?

How desperate do you think Brexiters in power, will be to get a big trade deal done with the US?

If you are the US, what would be the British assets/markets you would want to strip.... Sorry I meant have access to?

Whatever we want, thats the point.

Choose who we deal with and on what terms. Who we give access to, to what, and why. Choose how we set out budgets and taxation. Choose what tariffs we apply to whom and for what. Freedom to nationalise - or privatise what we want. Freedom to ban Diesels in an environmental move, or allow fracking if we so choose.

We gain a great deal of freedom of choice in leaving. What we then do with it is where things can get interesting.

When talking trade I think we get a deal that suits all parties, ultimately, or theres no deal.

And I suppose I need to "own it" for some reason as well?

Remove your delusion and look at all of what was actually said, rather than the single (misrepresented) soundbite that suits your narrative and allows for such an eagerly delivered tirade.

When asked a leading question he said everythings on the table (as most would expect in trade negotiations) and was immediately countered. As you would expect in trade negotiations. As it should be.

Storm in a teacup.

He is on a mission and determined to convince everyone that the NHS is going to be destroyed<

He is on a mission and determined to convince everyone that the NHS is going to be destroyed<

No but I'm genuinely scared that it will be though.

The people that are leading brexit' lie a lot... They don't care about you... They really don't.

Whatever we want, thats the point.

Choose who we deal with and on what terms. Who we give access to, to what, and why. Choose how we set out budgets and taxation. Choose what tariffs we apply to whom and for what. Freedom to nationalise - or privatise what we want. Freedom to ban Diesels in an environmental move, or allow fracking if we so choose.

We gain a great deal of freedom of choice in leaving. What we then do with it is where things can get interesting.

When talking trade I think we get a deal that suits all parties, ultimately, or theres no deal.

Why didn't you answer all my questions?

There is no major country that trades exclusively on WTO terms... We will be gagging for a deal... Any deal if WTO/no deal brexit' happens. So all your unicorn brick won't be relevent at all. We will be on our knees looking up at uncle Sam while he unzips his jeans and tells us it will all be alright, just make sure you swallow.

And that will be partly your fault... That is what you are doing to your country.

How about this? Boris the Clown Shoe and Nigel, Nice Little Earner Farage get huge profits for their corporate mates through a free trade deal with the US, (with the NHS is included) at the cost of the people losing their universal health care system. Nah, they would never do that....would they?

Reactions: DTA
Why didn't you answer all my questions?

There is no major country that trades exclusively on WTO terms... We will be gagging for a deal... Any deal if WTO/no deal brexit' happens. So all your unicorn brick won't be relevent at all. We will be on our knees looking up at uncle Sam while he unzips his jeans and tells us it will all be alright, just make sure you swallow.

And that will be partly your fault... That is what you are doing to your country.

Because they all round into the final point I made.

My fault, you are hilarious. Desperate to blame someone, anyone, for the predetermined outcome youve convinced yourself of.

How about this? Boris the Clown Shoe and Nigel, Nice Little Earner Farage get huge profits for their corporate mates through a free trade deal with the US, (with the NHS is included) at the cost of the people losing their universal health care system. Nah, they would never do that....would they?

Because its just those two who have to ok the deal right? Just as thats how May got the deal with the EU signed off.....

To be honest it's kind of the Netto of the healthcare world. Cheap, but cheap for a reason. I'm not sure there are many worst free to access comparitors in the first world

So run them properly. Thames Water makes billions which leaves the UK to offshore tax havens. We don’t even know who owned the company. That profit could be going back into the nation cutting your taxes. Forget your ideologies for a moment and accept it makes sense.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Yet, with vanishingly few exceptions, governments from both sides of parliament have failed to run services effectively and efficiently. Even the CEO of your paragon of public service profits, East Coast Mainline, has stated that he was successful because he benchmarked against the private sector and that without the private sector to compare to, he couldn't have done it.

It's clear the world over that businesses aren't "just run [them] properly." It's competition and the need for survival that creates efficiency and quality of service. It's the appetite for entrepreneurial risk which doesn't exist in public finance that drives investment and technology. It's the openness of a market to new suppliers that keeps methods fresh and innovative, against which we can all benchmark and be better. Have you ever seen what Lefties do when the government tries to offer market rate remuneration packages to the best execs? They throw a fudging fit!

Here's The Deal. You give me, £1,000 that you've raised from the neighbourhood - we will then tell the neighbourhood that under The Deal, the £1000 is already at a discounted rate.

I then give you £600 back and we'll call it a rebate.

The £600 that I have given to you, you now have to spend it on what I decide - in other words, projects attributed to The Deal, private companies, media, education, academia, political think-tanks etc etc, all entities that are positive to The Deal.

All individual or collectivist dissent to The Deal, must be smeared and dehumanised.

Of the £400 that I've retained, don't you worry as out of the £400, you will be financially rewarded as you carry out your duties. The Deal will even sort you out a humongous pension pot for when you retire!

What's not to like about The Scam Deal eh?

And much of the 'private sector' when it comes to our rail is owned by other nation states, same for energy. Other countries do it and it works fine, I don't think the British are a special breed incapable of having a successful state-owned company or two. Dutch government owned railways run some of ours, French government owned energy firms run some of our energy firms etc. So I don't see why we can't.
When they run our servicesz they run them as private investors. That's very, very different from being the domestic government.

And when they run their own services, they run them so badly that they can afford to own ours.
I can't comment on their public transport, I wouldn't use it any more than I would ours. What I do know, is that our press often refer to EU train systems in order to give ours a kicking. Whenever I've seen anyone look deeper into those articles, the reality is far less than the reputation.

I have seen a few healthcare systems around Europe and further and I can tell you that the NHS is rock bottom of what I've seen. Spain and Germany were good, but the US was by a very long margin the best I've seen.

Back