• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Ok wait, here's a new question in theory.

Real Madrid offer us a straight swap, Eriksen and Bale.

Would you take it?

Although, if they subsidized his wages 100% (i.e, he played for us for free, for 3 years or however long his contract with Madrid lasts), then....maybe.

A couple of beers in. If you’d rather be somewhere else, then be somewhere else. If Tottenham Hotspur is not good enough for you, then so be it. Get someone else to pay you more money per week than most of us (not you,@scaramanga ) earn in a year.

This, but his loss will be a major blow nonetheless.

I think there have definitely been times this season where he hasn't been at his best. To a large degree, I think that is down to the style of play we adopted this season, in the absence of any midfield whatsoever - i.e, long diagonals bypassing the midfield, and the focus on quick half-chances and snap shots. He hasn't adapted to that style of play, and neither has Dele. Or even Kane - only Sonny's really taken to that style of play, and I think that is to a large degree because of the fact that he played in similar styles at Hamburg and Leverkusen.

But that shouldn't blind us to what Eriksen was for the vast majority of his time here - a maestro, a conductor of our play and a tireless runner without equal across European football.

We'll feel his departure for a while yet, and it will definitely hurt. And I can't begrudge him anything, given his long service here (six years) - the few d*ckheads who have started giving him stick on social media are just that, utter tossish d*ckheads who can't appreciate the fact that one of the world's best players gave us *six years* without complaining once.

But in the end, you're also right.

This is Tottenham Hotspur. If he doesn't want to be here, he's free to go somewhere else, and we'll move on and up without him.

Last edited:

I think there have definitely been times this season where he hasn't been at his best. To a large degree, I think that is down to the style of play we adopted this season, in the absence of any midfield whatsoever - i.e, long diagonals bypassing the midfield, and the focus on quick half-chances and snap shots. He hasn't adapted to that style of play, and neither has Dele. Or even Kane - only Sonny's really taken to that style of play, and I think that is to a large degree because of the fact that he played in similar styles at Hamburg and Leverkusen.

But that shouldn't blind us to what Eriksen was for the vast majority of his time here - a maestro, a conductor of our play and a tireless runner without equal across European football.

We'll feel his departure for a while yet, and it will definitely hurt. And I can't begrudge him anything, given his long service here (six years) - the few d*ckheads who have started giving him stick on social media are just that, utter tossish d*ckheads who can't appreciate the fact that one of the world's best players gave us *six years* without complaining once.

This is Tottenham Hotspur. If he doesn't want to be here, he's free to go somewhere else, and we'll move on and up without him.

A fine post.
I think we need to give Poch the players he wants now, regardless of where Eriksen ends up. Personally I think there is a fine chance he will be here one more season, but whether he is or not, we have to take advantage of our current standing and jump into the window hard.

A fine post.
I think we need to give Poch the players he wants now, regardless of where Eriksen ends up. Personally I think there is a fine chance he will be here one more season, but whether he is or not, we have to take advantage of our current standing and jump into the window hard.

Up until a few days ago I wanted him to sign a new contract but his words this week coupled with his performances to me show a player that doesn’t want to be here, if nothing better comes along then I’ll stay etc. Thanks Christian but we want players who want to play for the club. Thanks for the memories as you’ve been a top servant for the club and have scored some memorable goals.

As others have said I just hope this doesn’t drag on till August and it gets sorted quickly.

A fine post.
I hope we can do that.

If the Eriksen thing drags out though, the club starts being unsure about if we'll bring in a huge fee for him or if he'll see out his contract... Are we in a situation where we can absorb the loss of the Eriksen fee and still sign the players we would have signed if Eriksen was sold? That seems somewhat unlikely to me.

If you played less surely the stats would be higher due to less minutes played

Not aware how these stats work

I think the stats are averaged by 90 minutes, which then makes them a fair comparison between players.

If you just look at totals then there is no account for the minutes played.

@scaramanga is good for the nature of stats, Im sure he will correct if I am wrong on this one.

The revisionist history that he isn't that good, or isn't Charlie Adams enough or whatever is frankly fudging embarrassing. The comparable player to Eriksen in the PL is Ozil .. and that should say enough … one gives a fudge for his team ..

There is no such thing. Thats on you.

There have been ongoing, and valid, conversations all season as to whether his performance is good enough, and whether our reliance on him is a pro or con - hardly the knee jerk action you are trying to paint.

Equally, bar a couple of posters, most people seem quite "c'est la vie" about it, so Im not sure what all the righteous indignation is about.

I think his lack of form had less to do with how we played and much more to do with tiredness. It's not like he wouldn't be on the ball for long periods during games but there were times when literally nothing would come off or he would be easily dispossessed. He played a huge number of minutes as we did not have an adequate back up for him especially given Lamela's injuries. It has really caught up with him this season. Plus he became a new dad didn't he? Perhaps his sleep pattern had been disturbed.

This is what I was saying Marky, more to the point it is what Poch will have said. Buy the two big fudging players I want now regardless of Eriksen. Don’t wait to sell before buying.
We didn't wait until Bale was sold before we started signing players.

Looks like Hazard to Real is done at 88-ish million. I don't think even Levy can say that Erkisen is worth 130 if that's the Hazard price.

The lad from Swansea is going to Utd for £18m (£15m + add ons), and he is a rookie in the championship. The market is mad, and reasom left it a long time ago.

I doubt we will get £130m (or €130m, being £115m) for Eriksen, but I do suspect we will get a fair bit more than people think.

Back