• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

This thread has become laughable!! What bunch of fudging whimps! Now, all of a sudden, he's not any good, glad to see him go, he doesn't do anything, we'll be better without him etc.
My word.....
We over rely on eriksen so actually losing him and buying in other players isn’t as bad as may seem
People have said he has been poor but his stats still remain incredibly high, but when he doesn’t tick we don’t tick. That’s a dangerous place to be and we need alternatives, especially if he won’t sign a deal.
Players like Ndombele and Lo Celso are different to him but potentially as effective for the team whilst spreading the load

Looks like Hazard to Real is done at 88-ish million. I don't think even Levy can say that Erkisen is worth 130 if that's the Hazard price.

Re Hazard. Whatever his shortcomings are (often influenced, IMO, to him being played centrally where he isn't his best), he stepped up in the EL final and bagged a brace. Unlike Eriksen.

It's also interesting to me that Eriksen and his 'team' decide to carry out their business in public.

And I totally agree that this is a moment where we will see if Levy and Poch are totally in sync.

If I am completely honest I think there is a little desperation there from him and his team.

Anything close would be good business.
Agreed

I just don’t see them prioritising him though and that’s a worry

I can see him signing a new deal with a buy out clause in it similar to what Suarez kinda ended up doing at pool

If we still invest then that wouldn’t be a bad thing as he would need to perform to get that move still

We over rely on eriksen so actually losing him and buying in other players isn’t as bad as may seem
People have said he has been poor but his stats still remain incredibly high, but when he doesn’t tick we don’t tick. That’s a dangerous place to be and we need alternatives, especially if he won’t sign a deal.
Players like Ndombele and Lo Celso are different to him but potentially as effective for the team whilst spreading the load
If we bought those two I’d spread my load.

The last few pages are amazing .. and people wonder why players have no loyalty ..

- Let's be clear, the guy didn't fudge your wife ..

Eriksen has been a great player for the club for the last 6 years and has put up PL leading numbers in goals/assists in that time period. And while today's Spurs may be able to get someone better, for the first 3 or 4 years, he was the absolute best level player this club could buy or hope to buy.

If at 27 he wants double the money and an "easier" shot at a few trophies, and someone is willing to pay us, then thanks for the service and I wish him all the luck/success in the world. If we can't agree a fee and he winds down his contract and we can rotate him and his replacement for the next season, I'm still fine with that.

The revisionist history that he isn't that good, or isn't Charlie Adams enough or whatever is frankly fudging embarrassing. The comparable player to Eriksen in the PL is Ozil .. and that should say enough … one gives a fudge for his team ..

If I am completely honest I think there is a little desperation there from him and his team.

Sounds like it, the Spanish 2 have got Hazard and De Jong in now so I'm not sure they'd want another expensive player in a similar position. Real also have Isco and Barcelona have Coutinho who are similar ish style players. Expensive player to accommodate unless they sell first, maybe PSG or Bayern might fancy it as they're both rebuilding.

The last few pages are amazing .. and people wonder why players have no loyalty ..

Eriksen has been a great player for the club for the last 6 years and has put up PL leading numbers in goals/assists in that time period. And while today's Spurs may be able to get someone better, for the first 3 or 4 years, he was the absolute best level player this club could buy or hope to buy.

If at 27 he wants double the money and an "easier" shot at a few trophies, and someone is willing to pay us, then thanks for the service and I wish him all the luck/success in the world. If we can't agree a fee and he winds down his contract and we can rotate him and his replacement for the next season, I'm still fine with that.

The revisionist history that he isn't that good, or isn't Charlie Adams enough or whatever is frankly fudging embarrassing. The comparable player to Eriksen in the PL is Ozil .. and that should say enough … one gives a fudge for his team ..

It always happens when a player makes comments that make him seem to sound like he thinks he is bigger than the club

I do think it’s would be interesting to see the interview rather than read it as a translated manuscript

Without knowing the questions and the tone has answers can always seem different to what is meant

Just look at Poch interviews

Sounds like it, the Spanish 2 have got Hazard and De Jong in now so I'm not sure they'd want another expensive player in a similar position. Real also have Isco and Barcelona have Coutinho who are similar ish style players. Expensive player to accommodate unless they sell first, maybe PSG or Bayern might fancy it as they're both rebuilding.

Agree, if he's going to Spain its to sit on the bench.

1240155_10151669364423505_1823064411_n.jpg

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Ajax for the transfer of Christian Eriksen.

The attacking midfielder, capped 37 times by his country, enjoyed great success during his time in Amsterdam, winning three consecutive Dutch league championships between 2011 and 2013, as well as being named Dutch Football Talent of the Year and Ajax Talent of the Year in 2011.

He was also voted Danish Football Player of the Year that same year.

Think he will be a good signing.

Could not agree more.

Agreed

I just don’t see them prioritising him though and that’s a worry

I can see him signing a new deal with a buy out clause in it similar to what Suarez kinda ended up doing at pool

If we still invest then that wouldn’t be a bad thing as he would need to perform to get that move still

Why sign a new contract when you can leave on a free in 12 months? More importantly why sign a new contract when it is obvious his heart is no longer at this club.

He wants to go so please someone sign him so the club can move on

De Jong and Eriksen are do not play in the same position, one is a central midfielder while the other is a number 10

Fair enough. He's given us 6 years of great service, been one of our best players and, within reason, given it his all.

I wouldn't begrudge him a move at all and good luck to him if/when he moves. I feel he was very respectful in the interview as well.

As for the move itself though, I'm still unconvinced that either of the Spanish big two want him or where exactly he'd fit in to their teams, for an 70-80 million investment for instance.

I'm thinking of the clubs that would be a very clear step up. The Spanish two.....not sure where he fits in. And Real have already made 3 huge moves in the transfer window already, they're moving quickly so we'll see. Bayern... Maybe I guess but I think they have other priorities and they don't tend to spend big ln transfer fees. Juve don't need another attacking midfielder, unless they sell Dybala I guess. City... Wouldn't get into their team. PSG... Potentially? I can see them trying.

I guess Inter look like they're about to start a new, interesting project with Conte.

They're the clubs that I can see which are a clear step up from Spurs at the moment, except Inter. If I'm being really honest, perhaps Chelsea too, who despite always looking like an absolute cluster fudge, somehow seem to come away with trophies but I don't think Eriksen would do that or we'd talk to them.

He's been fanatstic for us, no hard feelings if he feels it's time to move on. I hope we can do what Liverpool did when they sold Coutinho.

Except that thanks to Eriksen running his contract down, instead of getting 140m which is what he's worth, we'll get 70m which barely gets you a Grealish in this market.

Back