• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I can honestly say I feel absolutely no ill will against Eriksen whatsoever. If he comes back to the Lane playing for an opposing team I will stand up and applaud him, however if he wants to leave I want a deal done and him out of my club as soon as possible.

Not if he comes back with an English team I won't. Then he'll have moved for the money.

If he goes abroad, fair enough, I'd fully understand that.

I actually think the worst thing that could happen is if no one comes in for him because then it would simply be in his interest not to sign a new contract and leave next summer on a free. I imagine Ramsey had a massive signing on fee when he signed for Juventus and I could imagine Eriksen and his agent will be thinking about the same thing

Not if he comes back with an English team I won't. Then he'll have moved for the money.

If he goes abroad, fair enough, I'd fully understand that.

If you think money is not a part of it then you are extremely naive. Besides I do not blame players who move for money, it is not as if Spurs was the team he supported when he was a little boy in primary school.

If you think money is not a part of it then you are extremely naive. Besides I do not blame players who move for money, it is not as if Spurs was the team he supported when he was a little boy in primary school.

I'd still be disappointed in him if he goes to City, United, Chelsea or someone. Would feel like he's knifed us in the back a bit.

Barca/Real/Munich - I could live with that.

I'd still be disappointed in him if he goes to City, United, Chelsea or someone. Would feel like he's knifed us in the back a bit.

Barca/Real/Munich - I could live with that.
I don't care where he goes, but if wants go he better go. I don't want him signing a new contract and not really wanting to be here.

His chance for the elite teams is gone, he will do well to get utd or juve.

Id suggest there is a difference between "heart" and "effort".

I dont fault him for running the kms every game. Ive defended him many times for doing basic, steady, and essential work and getting slated for not being eye catching.

That said, I have to agree, he does seem to lack that extra something to really put himself on the line, or stand up when it truly counts.

He wont go into a tackle full blooded, he wont put the extra effort in to stop a player, he wont stand up and take the match by the scruff when we are crying out for someone to do so...[/QUO

This is my point entirely. He is certainly able to pick a pass or score a decent goal on occasion but if you watch him closely the merest hint of a challenge and he really doesn't want to know. He is a somewhat effete boy who would be suited to a league where he has ample time and not a lot of physicality.

Depends on the kind of guy he is. I am more concerned that rather than being focused on the CL final, he had discussed about leaving. I think it was a CL poster who talked about the transfer season distractions from Pochettino and the squad. The poster also mentioned the comparative lack of discussion from Liverpool. I believe more will come out over the weeks. It has already been mentioned that some players wanted to leave before the start of the season.

I have had a few beers this afternoon so my diplomacy has gone out of the window...

Tell him he has 2 weeks to decide on a new 4 year contract at whatever money we think is right or put him up for sale. trying to save 20-30 million in the short term could cost us much more long term by not getting in an adequate replacement early.. same applies for Toby....

I can honestly say I feel absolutely no ill will against Eriksen whatsoever. If he comes back to the Lane playing for an opposing team I will stand up and applaud him, however if he wants to leave I want a deal done and him out of my club as soon as possible.

I feel the same way. Can't fault him for wanting to try something else after 6 years. A few quotes from the same interview translated by a Danish guy (not a great translation, but there are more quotes than have been circulating in the British media):

"It depends on Daniel Levy and there have to come another club. Or I have to sit down at the table and negotiate a new contract. You can't put on a date(time)."
"There are not many points that Tottenham cant fill out. If I have to leave, then it is hopefully a step up."

Interviewer then asks if Real Madrid is a step up.

"Thats a step up. But it requires Real Madrid calls Tottenham and say they want Christian. And they havnt done that as far as I know."

In the qoute under this one, interviewer says that Eriksen wont rule out that it is a possibilty that he will leave on a free next year and then there is this qoute from Eriksen. However we don't know exactly what question he asked

"Thats hard. It depends on the opportunities. If there doesn't show something exciting up why not stay in Tottenham? But signing a new contract depends on the conditions."

---

So, basically - who would be a step up? City? Barcelona? Real Madrid? Bayern Munchen? I can't see too many potential destinations, and of those, who would want Eriksen? I wouldn't rule out him signing a new deal even at this point.

The key quote is ‘If there are no exciting offers why shouldn’t I stay at Tottenham?’ Couldn’t be any clearer that we’d be a poor second choice - so, for me it now has to be, “Thanks for everything and goodbye.”

Slightly worrying to see him talking about himself in the third person too...:D

I think he will end up staying and signing a lucrative new deal, same with toby.

It all depends on whether madrid come in for him and I dont think they will.

They will get hazard and pogba instead.

If he stays and we add ndombele, lo celso and bale then we will be unstoppable.

If so that would be watershed moment for us. I wouldn't hold your breath, but there is a chance.

It's a very professional interview.
I've done a good job, I want a fresh challenge after six years. If that doesn't work out I'll sign a new contract and see what extra value I can add here.

Nothing wrong there at all.
If the opposite comes they suits all parties, good luck to him.
If it doesn't, I'm glad he's still here.
Simples.

He has been quoted over the years as saying he has a plan as to how he sees his career going. Levy has been trying to get him to sign a dew contract for over a year without agreement. It has always been obvious to me that he wants out of the club. Personally I have no problem with that all. He wants to go, fine, I appreciate what he has done for the club, but now the sooner he goes the better as far as I am concerned. I would rather he go now than stay for a year and go on a free.

If he really wants something new then good luck to him. If the offer doesn't materialise and he signs a new contract then good luck to him and us.

Either can work out well for us. A shame he leaves open the optionn of running out his deal, but perhaps that reflects the questions he was asked. At one point he was suggesting he would sign a new deal if the appropriate offers didn't come in

I think we are now about to fully understand what the “being brave” comment was about. We cannot control the Eriksen situation. His goalposts shifted it appears. He is hedging his bets and playing the situation for all he can. I would suggest that whilst a wonderful player, his overall perception and vibe does him no favours. He was one of a few who underperformed in the CL Final, yet somehow he stands out. Not especially fair, but it is what it is. He will have made suitors think twice yet again IMO. Hazard - his nearest match- shows a chest-up swagger even when playing poorly that projects a different vibe. Again, not fair but accurate IMO.

What Poch will have said to Levy is that whatever Eriksen wants to do/will do, we need to buy the players he wants now. Not wait to sell Eriksen/see what he will do. Poch knows that in order to take that final step, we need a player who can push Eriksen all the way as well as possibly replace him. If he thinks that is Lo Celso, then Levy needs to get it done whatever Christian’s pfaffing around.

We cannot afford to let a key player dictate our next phase of progress. We have to forge ahead and audere est facere in the market as Poch wants. If Eriksen sticks around, great. If he stays the final year of his deal, fine. We potentially lose whatever fee Levy wants for him, but if we cannot sell at that price then what are we losing? The situation is what it it.

What we must not do is allow his stalling/indecision to affect our buying plans. Get them in. Soon.

I think we are now about to fully understand what the “being brave” comment was about. We cannot control the Eriksen situation. His goalposts shifted it appears. He is hedging his bets and playing the situation for all he can. I would suggest that whilst a wonderful player, his overall perception and vibe does him no favours. He was one of a few who underperformed in the CL Final, yet somehow he stands out. Not especially fair, but it is what it is. He will have made suitors think twice yet again IMO. Hazard - his nearest match- shows a chest-up swagger even when playing poorly that projects a different vibe. Again, not fair but accurate IMO.

What Poch will have said to Levy is that whatever Eriksen wants to do/will do, we need to buy the players he wants now. Not wait to sell Eriksen/see what he will do. Poch knows that in order to take that final step, we need a player who can push Eriksen all the way as well as possibly replace him. If he thinks that is Lo Celso, then Levy needs to get it done whatever Christian’s pfaffing around.

We cannot afford to let a key player dictate our next phase of progress. We have to forge ahead and audere est facere in the market as Poch wants. If Eriksen sticks around, great. If he stays the final year of his deal, fine. We potentially lose whatever fee Levy wants for him, but if we cannot sell at that price then what are we losing? The situation is what it it.

What we must not do is allow his stalling/indecision to affect our buying plans. Get them in. Soon.

Absolutely; we need to be driving this now and end up in a position we control whether we think he is surplus to requirements, or not.

Re Hazard. Whatever his shortcomings are (often influenced, IMO, to him being played centrally where he isn't his best), he stepped up in the EL final and bagged a brace. Unlike Eriksen.

It's also interesting to me that Eriksen and his 'team' decide to carry out their business in public.

And I totally agree that this is a moment where we will see if Levy and Poch are totally in sync.

I wouldn't mind losing eriksen, but what is starting to get on my nerves is how MUCH real seem to court our players, it almost borders on tapping them up. I thought that when we lost Modric we signed an agreement with them that would see youth players come our way, even on loan, and as we all know that didn't seem to happen. Time and time again I feel like we as a club are on the verge and then something discouraging like this happens. If this deal is going to get done then I hope it's nice, quick, profitable, and hopefully big enough to convince whoever the hell is in charge of transfers now to buy a few decent players.

This thread has become laughable!! What bunch of fudging whimps! Now, all of a sudden, he's not any good, glad to see him go, he doesn't do anything, we'll be better without him etc.
My word.....

Back