• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Explains the Lo Celso heat then.

Strangely not bothered by this at the minute. Been feeling for a while it might be a good time to part ways I suppose.
Kind of my feelings on it as well. My preference would be for him to sign a new contract and we all move on, but if he goes it will be for some serious £££’s and we can go in a slightly different direction.

I agree
We’re over reliant on him and as good as he is and can be he can also fade and we’re then screwed

I think the other side of having him is fitting him in, or fitting others in around him.

For example the CL final - my team pick would have been to have Eriksen in Winks position, that way Son - Alli - Moura could play their natural positions behind Kane.

Instead Eriksen was in that 3, which means Moura on the bench and Alli pushed wide (or he comes central and leave space wide, leaving us narrow...)

Eriksen is a fabulous player, and has been the hearbeat of our team - I certainly dont want to talk him down. And if he signs a deal Ill be happy, the guy is class and we know we can make it work well. However, there is a part of me that sees more balance in the side without him - but it would also mean we need proper quality in CM to compensate.

So if his step up doesn't materialise then he'll magically sign a new contract and be welcomed back with open arms lol

Fair play, performed poorly this season but didn't kick up a fuss or anything and we can't begrudge him going given the amount of years he's given us. Some great memories - king of the late goal outside of the box. Swansea away will live long in the memory.

I'd prefer us to try and evolve our style of play so we pose greater threat and have options from a number of positions rather than try and play the same way next season and just replace like for like.

Im more inclined to not directly replacing Eriksen, but changing shape/system to make us more robust.

Set up as we are we are basically at the mercy of his form as a team.

Agree with this, you can argue if we play well when he does or if it's the other way round. Either way we need to be able to play well when he isn't, or without him whether he stays or not.

Last edited:
Looks like he is staying then, the likes of Madrid have got better players to sign. So if he can't get his move he will make do with us. I would rather a player that wants to play for us.

You can go regardless, you're not all that.

Goodluck to him as long as he doesnt sign for someone in the premiership ... unless he wants to go to City and we get a huge chunk and a choice player.

He won't be the first or the last that will leave us ,but will the grass be greener in Madrid,he could sign for us for another two years, first name on the team sheet,fans know him and recognise what he brings to the team or go to Madrid where if he doesnt perform be dropped ,be taken off after an hour,get the bird off the fans,get ripped apart by the press.....plus he could have a little word with Bale if he sits next to him on the bench next season.... if Bale is still there that is...

Anyway if Madrid offer anything above 90 mill plus Levy will drive him there himself lol...

He won't be the first or the last that will leave us ,but will the grass be greener in Madrid,he could sign for us for another two years, first name on the team sheet,fans know him and recognise what he brings to the team or go to Madrid where if he doesnt perform be dropped ,be taken off after an hour,get the bird off the fans,get ripped apart by the press.....plus he could have a little word with Bale if he sits next to him on the bench next season.... if Bale is still there that is...

Anyway if Madrid offer anything above 90 mill plus Levy will drive him there himself lol...

I have to say, possibly Ive completely missread his character, but Eriksen and Madrid just do not seem like a good pairing to me.

Barcelona? Yes, get it, totally understand. Footballing philosophy, beautiful game, appreciation of technique and subtlety...

Madrid? DELIVER SHOW STOPPERS IMMEDIATELY AND EVERY GAME OR WE'LL GET ON YOUR BACK!!

I just dont see Eriksen as the Galactico type, I dont see how he would enjoy his football there...

I suppose they might see him as Modrics ultimate successor or something like that, but I honestly wouldnt call them as his pick of a move.

He wants to join Liverpool? As he wants to join a club a step up from Spurs. Only Liverpool were more in the CL this season.

I have to say, possibly Ive completely missread his character, but Eriksen and Madrid just do not seem like a good pairing to me.

Barcelona? Yes, get it, totally understand. Footballing philosophy, beautiful game, appreciation of technique and subtlety...

Madrid? DELIVER SHOW STOPPERS IMMEDIATELY AND EVERY GAME OR WE'LL GET ON YOUR BACK!!

I just dont see Eriksen as the Galactico type, I dont see how he would enjoy his football there...

I suppose they might see him as Modrics ultimate successor or something like that, but I honestly wouldnt call them as his pick of a move.
Agree with this, can you imagine if they let him take corners at Madrid! I wonder if part of the new challenge is not wanting to be the main man, which is difficult at those clubs if you arrive with a hefty price tag.
I see similarities with Modric in the way he is on the ball, with a bigger goal threat but he can’t tackle or break up play like Modders

"It depends on Daniel Levy. And another club has to come in. Or I have to sit down at the table and negotiate a new contract. You can't set a date yourself."

My reading into this is Eriksen or his agent wants another club in come in. Zidane doesn't want him. Zidane's 'boss' Perez does. But Perez begged Zidane back with a promise of control. Zidane want's Pogba instead. Another club coming into the race might force Real's hand instead of them waiting until the end of the window in the case of the Pogba deal falling through.

Personally I think he'll be here in September. Will he get the Danny Rose treatment from fans?

"It depends on Daniel Levy. And another club has to come in. Or I have to sit down at the table and negotiate a new contract. You can't set a date yourself."

My reading into this is Eriksen or his agent wants another club in come in. Zidane doesn't want him. Zidane's 'boss' Perez does. But Perez begged Zidane back with a promise of control. Zidane want's Pogba instead. Another club coming into the race might force Real's hand instead of them waiting until the end of the window in the case of the Pogba deal falling through.

Personally I think he'll be here in September. Will he get the Danny Rose treatment from fans?
I don’t think “Christian Eriksen” flows very well for the daddy cool song Rose gets sung to him.

Given Barca are signing Griezmann and de Jong, and Real are signing Hazard as well as the Porto right back, both will have already parted with £150m+ before you get to Eriksen. I wonder whether he'll end up at Bayern instead? They're rebuilding at the moment and have deep pockets.

Back