• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

MADDISON WANTED BY UTD

James Maddison is a target for Manchester United and could cost the club £60m, report The Independent.

The Leicester man had a superb first season in the Premier League, creating the most chances of any player in the league.

Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Tottenham have all been linked the creative midfielder.

Arsenal 'launch £37m bid' for Serie A pair
Arsenal have launched a £37million double swoop for Sampdoria’s Dennis Praet and Joachim Andersen, according to reports in Italy.

Unai Emery must improve his Arsenal squad this summer but will have a limited budget after the Gunners missed out on Champions League football.

The Arsenal boss must replace Aaron Ramsey’s creativity after the midfielder joined Juventus , while he also needs to inject new blood into an ageing, creaking defence.

And following their Europa League final defeat to Chelsea last week, Arsenal have got quickly down to business in a double bid for creative midfielder Praet (below) and central defender Andersen.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...ws/ryan-sessegnon-jack-clarke-tipped-16374630

Ryan Sessegnon and Jack Clarke tipped to be Mauricio Pochettino's first summer signings at Spurs

Championship duo are the favourites to make the move to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Tottenham are expected to be busy in the summer transfer window.

A good season at Spurs ultimately ended in disappointment as they claimed fourth spot in the Premier League, securing Champions League football again next season, and made it all the way to the Champions League final this year, only to be beaten by rivals Liverpool in Madrid on Saturday.

It was, all in all, a good year, having not spent any money in either of the previous two transfer windows, with manager Mauricio Pochettino expressing his pride for his players.

But having moved into a brand new stadium towards the end of the season, Spurs are expected to spend big money this summer with Pochettino keen to make the next step with the club.

A number of players will be sold in order to buy, but who will be the ones coming in?

The supporters will want big-name signings, but the most likely so far are a couple of youngsters from the Championship.

Spurs have long been admirers of Ryan Sessegnon, having tried to prise him away from Fulham in previous windows.

And the Whites' relegation to the Championship has opened the door for another move for the teenager, who has now had a taste of the Premier League and what it has to offer.

Sessegnon is 1/2 odds-on with Sky Bet to join Tottenham this summer.

And those are the same odds on Spurs signing Jack Clarke from Leeds United too.

The 18-year-old winger has come through the ranks at Leeds, playing 25 games for them last season, scoring twice. He is expected to cost in the region of £20million should Spurs want to snap him up.

I think the N Dembele Cecelo Sessegnon and Clarke are goers.

That leaves us with a RB (definitely) and maybe a wing/forward Sonny/martial type player.

Think Toby might just see his year out.

Obviously more of a gut feeling thing, but some moves just feel more tangible dont they?

I would agree with you all those are goers, though IMO N'Dombele and lo Celso are probably 50/50, both big money moves.

The sort of moves where I feel the longer they go on the less likely they are to happen, so fingers crossed.

In theory Sessegnon and Clarke could fill that forward role. So while Id like to see us bring in someone I also think we could be ok if not.

Meaning a RB is the only real key move, with someone like Aarons becoming more likely IMO.

If we got Lo Celso and N'Dombele I genuinely feel the whole team is transformed. This season all roads (issues) lead back to CM for me, and I think getting some real quality in there will change everything. We have a very effective front line, when it has an effective CM behind it...

Alderweireld? Who knows, but Im not concerned. There are quality CBs out there.

Eriksen is the more interesting one, Im beginning to wonder if he might be sacrificed to fund Lo Celso and N'Dombele.

I can't say that I've ever seen Clarke, though saw him described as someone who could play on both wings and as a CF. What's his best position?

Pretty sure he plays mostly on the right, a bit early to say I think, he is young - but there is obvious talent there. The sort of player who could be moulded.

Him right, Sessegnon left - not bad bit of depth to have

I've seen some footage and he looks a very direct runner. Raw but with a lot of potential.

As for Lo Celso, some reports say he never even updated it to Betis after moving there last month.

Ill put it in here as it is tittle tattle due to the source.

I have seen a couple of bits on the twitter saying Mopo is meeting with the board early next week to finalise budget and targets.

I have seen a couple of bits on the twitter saying Mopo is meeting with the board early next week to finalise budget and targets.

As bids are already going in for players just now either DL is picking the team or someone on twitter is talking crap.
Hm, I wonder which one it is?

You’d of thought they would have already had this conversation months ago.

You don’t go into a transfer window with no plans in place prior to it opening.

The pacey wide-man is said to be available for around £35million and is also attracting interest from Manchester United (Sky Sports).

Bergwijn told Voetball Primeur: “I just have to look calmly and keep everything open.

“I stay fairly calm. As long as I don’t hear anything, I don’t have to worry about anything either. I don’t necessarily have to leave PSV and it doesn’t necessarily have to be Ajax, I just have to see what is best for me and for my development.”

I think the N Dembele Cecelo Sessegnon and Clarke are goers.

That leaves us with a RB (definitely) and maybe a wing/forward Sonny/martial type player.

Think Toby might just see his year out.

I'm not sure there's any truth in the Clarke story. Poch has never really wanted/used wingers.

Obviously more of a gut feeling thing, but some moves just feel more tangible dont they?

I would agree with you all those are goers, though IMO N'Dombele and lo Celso are probably 50/50, both big money moves.

The sort of moves where I feel the longer they go on the less likely they are to happen, so fingers crossed.

In theory Sessegnon and Clarke could fill that forward role. So while Id like to see us bring in someone I also think we could be ok if not.

Meaning a RB is the only real key move, with someone like Aarons becoming more likely IMO.

If we got Lo Celso and N'Dombele I genuinely feel the whole team is transformed. This season all roads (issues) lead back to CM for me, and I think getting some real quality in there will change everything. We have a very effective front line, when it has an effective CM behind it...

Alderweireld? Who knows, but Im not concerned. There are quality CBs out there.

Eriksen is the more interesting one, Im beginning to wonder if he might be sacrificed to fund Lo Celso and N'Dombele.
And the defence is helped massively with an effective midfield in front of it.

I think you're right with your last comment. And rather than try and replace Eriksen, just play differently, use the qualities of the new players in a way that suits them.

Exactly. The midfield is the hub of any team, but ours in particular has suffered this season with a poor/misfitting midfield, in both defence and attack.

Fix it and we are title challengers, IMHO.

There is no replacing Eriksen, its impossible. But there is changing the set up to suit what we have, Id estimate more of a 4-3-3.

As good as Eriksen is, I am increasingly seeing him as someone who needs accommodating/fitting in. Without him the team seems to have much better balance. With him theres always a wide attacker left out/Alli pushed wide/a lop sided attack (with a gap on one side) or a very narrow front line...

Im not really in favour of selling him, but I am certainly coming round to the idea if he goes (as appears possible) it is far from the end of the world.

Pretty sure he plays mostly on the right, a bit early to say I think, he is young - but there is obvious talent there. The sort of player who could be moulded.

Him right, Sessegnon left - not bad bit of depth to have

Sessegnon has tended to play right side when as an AM.

LB, but inverted up field (like Bale basically)

Back