• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Which can't be true, unless they are all homegrown, seeing as we're already at our overseas players limit

Not really, not by a long shot. Explained this in an earlier post somewhere, but just one homegrown player should do it - some charity case like Grealish or a young talent like Sessegnon.

Apart from that, assuming departures are as expected (Christian, Toby, Trips, Vorm. Wanyama, Janssen, Llorente and N'Koudou, more or less), we can buy up to five non-HG players while still staying within the limit.

Not really, not by a long shot. Explained this in an earlier post somewhere, but just one homegrown player should do it - some charity case like Grealish or a young talent like Sessegnon.

Apart from that, assuming departures are as expected (Christian, Toby, Trips, Vorm. Wanyama, Janssen, Llorente and N'Koudou, more or less), we can buy up to five non-HG players while still staying within the limit.
Even if Sanchez and foyth start to count as overage?

What did we make from the CL, what's your guesstimate?

What did we coin from the PL?

What is our appx NWL mortgage/debt?

How much transfer cash has Poch stashed under his desk from the past 2 years?

I’ve had the financial analysis at work run through the figures for you.

In order...

Lots

Lots and lots

Quite a bit

Not enough

Something to correct:

£100m CL

£100m PL

£400m debt

£40m cash

?

Of course the PL revenue would have been factored in, a proportion already allocated to wages. Never the less a back of an envelope calculation - CL income and savings last windows should give us 100m+ of cleared funds for Poch to spend without any sales?

Something to correct:

£100m CL

£100m PL

£637m debt

£40m cash

?

Of course the PL revenue would have been factored in, a proportion already allocated to wages. Never the less a back of an envelope calculation - CL income and savings last windows should give us 100m+ of cleared funds for Poch to spend without any sales?

Much like last summer we have some whom are no longer required....

Llorente, Jansen, GNK, Vorm

Plus

Easily go. Trippier, Aurier, Wanyama, onomah, ccv

Might go. Lamela, Toby, Eriksen

The big asset there is Eriksen, Inc the 11m we got from Moose...the definates and easily goes could net us 100m. Then another potential 100m for Toby and Eriksen.

So the potential net spend doesn't have to be staggering...I'm sure Levy will let it run at £50/60m while keeping an eye on the wage bill, of course.

Much like last summer we have some whom are no longer required....

Llorente, Jansen, GNK, Vorm

Plus

Easily go. Trippier, Aurier, Wanyama, onomah, ccv

Might go. Lamela, Toby, Eriksen

The big asset there is Eriksen, Inc the 11m we got from Moose...the definates and easily goes could net us 100m. Then another potential 100m for Toby and Eriksen.

So the potential net spend doesn't have to be staggering...I'm sure Levy will let it run at £50/60m while keeping an eye on the wage bill, of course.

Not so easy to flog our unwanted of coures. All the Trippier stories looked planted to whip up some interest. Whether there is any is another matter. He's a good player and would be a decent purchase at circa £16m. Whether we'll get much more than that depends on if there is actual interest.

Wanyama could probably stay as he can be a 25m+ player imo and is only 27 yet we'd have difficulty getting much for him right now.

Who's going to buy Lamela? Better kept as a squad player for now. Can't imagine anyone would stump up £20m for him, and he is worth more to us. Hard to see Aurier being sold for what we paid for him either (23m). A loan or kept as a squad player maybe a better option.

Eriksen and Toby we don't want to leave.

Did we overpay for Snachez? I guess next season we may find out.

I think we might have done. Got talent and everything but we paid a lot. Mind you someone said Dunk was now a 40m player so the world has gone mad.

I like Tah at Bayern think he is the right age group and talent for us.

Not so easy to flog our unwanted of coures. All the Trippier stories looked planted to whip up some interest. Whether there is any is another matter. He's a good player and would be a decent purchase at circa £16m. Whether we'll get much more than that depends on if there is actual interest.

Wanyama could probably stay as he can be a 25m+ player imo and is only 27 yet we'd have difficulty getting much for him right now.

Who's going to buy Lamela? Better kept as a squad player for now. Can't imagine anyone would stump up £20m for him, and he is worth more to us. Hard to see Aurier being sold for what we paid for him either (23m). A loan or kept as a squad player maybe a better option.

It is whether Levy over charges for players as I think he has done in the past.

Tripper is a 15m player as you say, maybe a return to Burnley?

Wanamaya when he is fit is amazing, but he is not. Maybe a 10 or at a push 15m player.

Lamela maybe back to Italy but again I cant see people paying much for a player who is always injured.

Even if Sanchez and foyth start to count as overage?

Mmhmm. The trick is to register players like Skipp, Whiteman and Amos in the 25-man squad - they don't usually have to be registered, being U-21 (Amos aside), but registering them counts for UEFA and PL purposes as HG (homegrown) and CG (club-grown). Remember, UEFA's definition of HG and CG is spending three years between 15 and 21 in that country/club - Skipp et al qualify, being 18+. You need to have 8 HG, four of which also need to be CG (generally).

If you look at it that way, then in terms of first team HG and CG players, we're actually pretty healthy - Alli, Kane, Rose and Winks all count as HG, with Kane, Rose and Winks being CG as well.

If you throw in Whiteman, Skipp and Amos as players who will be registered in the 25 but aren't in the first eleven or their eleven direct backups (they are the third-choice goalkeeper and Nos. 24 and 25 in the squad, respectively), then you only need one more HG to round out the squad - everyone else (I.e, 17 players) can be non-HG.

Mmhmm. The trick is to register players like Skipp, Whiteman and Amos in the 25-man squad - they don't usually have to be registered, being U-21 (Amos aside), but registering them counts for UEFA and PL purposes as HG (homegrown) and CG (club-grown). Remember, UEFA's definition of HG and CG is spending three years between 15 and 21 in that country/club - Skipp et al qualify, being 18+. You need to have 8 HG, four of which also need to be CG (generally).

If you look at it that way, then in terms of first team HG and CG players, we're actually pretty healthy - Alli, Kane, Rose and Winks all count as HG, with Kane, Rose and Winks being CG as well.

If you throw in Whiteman, Skipp and Amos as players who will be registered in the 25 but aren't in the first eleven or their eleven direct backups (they are the third-choice goalkeeper and Nos. 24 and 25 in the squad, respectively), then you only need one more HG to round out the squad - everyone else (I.e, 17 players) can be non-HG.

Theoretically, a squad like this -

GK: Hugo, Gazza, Whiteman (HG, CG)

RB: Aurier, Youcef Atal (for argument's sake)
CB: Sanchez, Verts, Dier, Foyth
LB: Rose (HG, CG), Davies

DM: Sissoko, Diawara, Amos (HG, CG), Skipp (HG, CG)
CM: Ndombele, Winks (HG, CG)

RAM: Lo Celso, Lamela
CAM: Alli (HG, CG), Lucas
LAM: Son, Sessegnon (HG)

ST: Kane (HG, CG), Mandzukic

That squad would fully meet HG requirements, despite all of those new signings bar one (Sessegnon) being non-HG.

It is whether Levy over charges for players as I think he has done in the past.

Tripper is a 15m player as you say, maybe a return to Burnley?

Wanamaya when he is fit is amazing, but he is not. Maybe a 10 or at a push 15m player.

Lamela maybe back to Italy but again I cant see people paying much for a player who is always injured.

I agree. One thing...how much does it cost to replace these players with like or better squad players?

I think we might have done. Got talent and everything but we paid a lot. Mind you someone said Dunk was now a 40m player so the world has gone mad.

I like Tah at Bayern think he is the right age group and talent for us.

I think you're right. We are probably okay in that his wages aren't too high. But 42m...no way we'd get that back right now.

He has the ingredients. Speed, size, some amazing last ditch tackles. I think he just needs regular games. In Poch we trust.

Selling is always the hard part, as we found out last summer.

Funny how we laugh at the madness of other teams valuations, yet our own RB the not so long ago England first choice, £15m. Dunk though £40!

Back