• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Sissoko could do a job at right back if needed

Yeah if we do sign Ndombele to take over CMF duties then I could see Sissoko being converted into a RB... prefer to see him battling the likes of Mane on the wings than Trippier as at least he has the pace and power to match them plus he’s got the stamina to keep overlapping so the oppo LB daren't leave too much space behind them.

One of the things to break for the Spurs to have a good transfer window is that the Spurs players are among the best in the world in their individual positions and that anyone coming in will have to play second fiddle as the squad is good.
This is key bit.
Which is why we have a small pond to choose from compared to ten years ago.

However there are certainly gettable upgrades for almost every position and this is a key window - we are more attractive than Chelsea or man u right now.
I expect Chelsea to be alot better next and are back in the CL.

My prediction is:
Toby leaves (to Juve)
Trippier leaves (Napoli)
Aurier leaves (Monaco)
Wanyama
Lamela (back to Roma - they need his personality right now)
And then squad players too.

Signings;
Two young FBs. Probably Aarons, not sure on the other one.
De Ligt. (I have a gut feeling). (Jan and Sanchez as CBs with De Ligh being groomed to replace Jan as a transition over the next two years. Much like we have we Sanchez.)
Lo Celso
Ndombele

Not sure where that leaves Dier. Possibly at Man U.

Last edited:
Yeah if we do sign Ndombele to take over CMF duties then I could see Sissoko being converted into a RB... prefer to see him battling the likes of Mane on the wings than Trippier as at least he has the pace and power to match them plus he’s got the stamina to keep overlapping so the oppo LB daren't leave too much space behind them.

I agree, he’s done a decent job there at times this season.

I think his positional sense would be better as well.

I have no issues with the defensive side of him there, the going forward might be an issue, but that can be trained on

I agree, he’s done a decent job there at times this season.

I think his positional sense would be better as well.

I have no issues with the defensive side of him there, the going forward might be an issue, but that can be trained on

Yeah, Sissoko showed last night that he can effortlessly outmuscle the likes of Mane which we haven’t had the benefit of at RB since Walker left.

I seem to recall Sissoko putting in some decent crosses this season and at least playing at fullback he won’t have to worry about what to do when he’s through on goal very often!

SC ITK today from The Goat is that Poch may or may not be off, but if he does go it will probably be Germany. I mean that's hedging your bets quite a bit.

Yeah, Sissoko showed last night that he can effortlessly outmuscle the likes of Mane which we haven’t had the benefit of at RB since Walker left.

I seem to recall Sissoko putting in some decent crosses this season and at least playing at fullback he won’t have to worry about what to do when he’s through on goal very often!

Interesting in theory, if we were cash strapped and ending 4th was the limit of our aim.

But as there is cash to burn (particularly if we get some funds in for the dead wood) then I’d much prefer we pay 60m for wan-bissaka.

Interesting in theory, if we were cash strapped and ending 4th was the limit of our aim.

But as there is cash to burn (particularly if we get some funds in for the dead wood) then I’d much prefer we pay 60m for wan-bissaka.

I'd prefer to pay 30-40 for Wan Bissaka

There isn't cash to burn.

Tottenham and England right-back Kieran Trippier, 28, could be the first signing for Maurizio Sarri at Juventus, if the Chelsea manager decides to move to Italy. (Star)

Tottenham set for transfer spree to make sure Mauricio Pochettino doesn't quit
Champions League runners-up Tottenham already tabling major transfer bids to show Pochettino they match his ambition

Mauricio Pochettino is set to be backed by his Tottenham bosses after their Champions League Final heartbreak.

Spurs have already had big-money bids rejected for Real Betis midfielder Giovani Lo Celso and Lyon midfield enforcer Tanguy Ndombele. They are also keen on Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez and young Fulham wide-man Ryan Sessegnon.

Pochettino highlighted the financial advantages of his top-four and European rivals after his men were beaten 2-0 by Liverpool in Madrid on Saturday night.

He said: “We are a team that has priorities that is shared with the stadium. We looked at the quality of our players in the final but it would have been incredible to win and lift the trophy.

“It would have been something that would have surprised people because in the last five years Tottenham prioritised their stadium and spent zero on transfers. We’re not the smartest in the class, but not the stupidest either.

“But it is incredible and this club deserves a lot of credit. The fanbase deserves a lot of credit. Hopefully it will be the beginning of a very successful period for the club.”

Chairman Daniel Levy, with whom Pochettino bonded during Tottenham's Champions League journey this season, is eager to show his manager they can match his ambition.

Levy is also mindful the Argentiniean quit as Southampton boss in 2014 after they were unable to provide him with assurances they’d be able to keep their best players and break into the elite after finishing eighth that season — two places below Tottenham.

Now, Pochettino wants an overhaul of the squad with the futures of midfielder Christian Eriksen and centre-back Toby Alderweireld uncertain as both have just a year left on their contracts.

Spurs are also ready to listen to offers for midfielder Victor Wanyama and right-back Kieran Trippier, while striker Fernando Llorente will be released with his contract coming to an end.

What day do players contracts usually end? Is it end of June?

It's not usually. All contracts run till 30 June of whatever year.

Our release list usually comes out on 9 or 10 June.

Vorm and Llorente are the senior players we know will be on ours this time. There will probably be a few recognisable names from the academy like Harrison, Glover and Tracey. Connor Ogilvie has already gone:

Supposedly Poch wants to spend relatively huge money on 2 players whereas Levy is ready to spend the usual amounts on a large amount of players.

Supposedly Poch wants to spend relatively huge money on 2 players whereas Levy is ready to spend the usual amounts on a large amount of players.

If that's correct it makes you wonder if Toby and Eriksen might be staying as surely we need to increase squad depth and not just change replace those that are leaving

So who could the 2 be....

If that's correct it makes you wonder if Toby and Eriksen might be staying as surely we need to increase squad depth and not just change replace those that are leaving

So who could the 2 be....

Lo Celso and Wan Bissaka for £70m each presumably.

Even then recouping from Trippier, Wanyama, Janssen and Nkoudou leaves us c.£100m net spend

Back