• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

And your post was constructive? It contains more words than my post, but nothing factual or remotely true.

What’s not true that he’s not performed close to the level he can ?

Or that world class players take games by the scruff of the neck and make things happen ?

Which is not true.

Last edited:
I agree on your first part. BUT no player is excellent and dominant in 60 games a season. So your next paragraph is utter nonsense! He IS a top class player, and quite regularly performs and wins us games.

I think we can both agree that Messi is in that top class bracket, right?
Where was he in the semi final at Anfield? And Messi has MANY games a season just like that! Based on your logic, Barca should get rid as soon as possible, because he has the odd game below par.

That's what's utterly ridiculous about your post. Once again, no player in the world is world class in every single game!

Eriksen is a human being, not a fudging robot! He and his gf got their first baby not too long ago. Maybe, just maybe that has had an effect on many things in his life, including sleep and rest.
I don't know if you have kids, but I do, and it certainly affects your daily life. So how about showing just a little bit of common sense, before you throw players in the waste bin.

I agree on your first part. BUT no player is excellent and dominant in 60 games a season. So your next paragraph is utter nonsense! He IS a top class player, and quite regularly performs and wins us games.

I think we can both agree that Messi is in that top class bracket, right?
Where was he in the semi final at Anfield? And Messi has MANY games a season just like that! Based on your logic, Barca should get rid as soon as possible, because he has the odd game below par.

That's what's utterly ridiculous about your post. Once again, no player in the world is world class in every single game!

Eriksen is a human being, not a fudging robot! He and his gf got their first baby not too long ago. Maybe, just maybe that has had an effect on many things in his life, including sleep and rest.
I don't know if you have kids, but I do, and it certainly affects your daily life. So how about showing just a little bit of common sense, before you throw players in the waste bin.

I agree they can’t perform all the time and there are other aspects that affect your game life etc as you’ve stated.

I have no problem with that. I made the original post based on what I’ve seen this season. This season he’s not been there. He’s been coasting along in to many games , he’s not signed a new deal so that leads me to believe that he’s not as heavily invested as he was in prior seasons. I’m not the only poster that’s levelled that accusation at Eriksen.

If he wants out then he can go . As I’ve stated prior it will be a shame as on his day no doubting his talent but this season we’ve seen it all to infrequently for what some deem to be a world class talent.

Utter nonsense to you maybe but we all see the game differently.

I agree they can’t perform all the time and there are other aspects that affect your game life etc as you’ve stated.

I have no problem with that. I made the original post based on what I’ve seen this season. This season he’s not been there. He’s been coasting along in to many games , he’s not signed a new deal so that leads me to believe that he’s not as heavily invested as he was in prior seasons. I’m not the only poster that’s levelled that accusation at Eriksen.

If he wants out then he can go . As I’ve stated prior it will be a shame as on his day no doubting his talent but this season we’ve seen it all to infrequently for what some deem to be a world class talent.

Utter nonsense to you maybe but we all see the game differently.
Coasting around, running more than anyone in the team, making more interceptions than anyone on our team, creating the most amount of chances in the CL, second most chances created in the PL.
He's coasting alright....

A year ago I would have said pay him whatever he wants to ensure he stays. A year gone by and he’s not signed a deal. Either he doesn’t want to be here or he’s asking for a hell of a payrise. His silence is deafening and if he wants to leave then the club will recover. Liverpool sold Coutinho and reinvested the money which helped them buy players that contributed to them winning the champions league.

Thought he wasn’t bad last night. He was hamstrung a bit by what was in front of him because he did look to play positive passes.

Here’s my biggest criticism of Eriksen though. It’s his honesty of effort. Yes he racks up the kms on the distance covered. But there was an incident with Mane second half when Eriksens tracking him, Mane gets a burst of pace and Eriksen just trots after him and Mane is free to run at our back 4. That sort of brick isn’t good enough and he does it a lot by wimping out of tackles or wafting a leg at players as they go by.

That to me was unforgivable, not seen it since but i think he had 2 half hearted attempts and then just coasted.

Part 2 for me on Eriksen.
If he’d signed up on the contract front, I don’t think many would be disappointed.
But by refusing to sign, he’s put himself under the spotlight , and there’s obviously more scrutiny on him.
Loads of stuff comes into play then, some of it emotionally led and not always objective. I’m guilty, i see him miss-hit a pass and think you ****.. you can’t commit and you lose your man or balls up a pass.
Then I think IF he’s world class, he’d find a way to take the game by the scruff of the neck last night, to find that way to score the free kick, or another shot.
Still want to keep him, of course I do...but he frustrate the fk out of me!

I don't expect Eriksen to tackle or challenge, it's not in him game and I've defended him on here before for it.
But you know something, last night was the biggest game of his career and what happened with Mane is not acceptable.
You can say what you want about lamela, Trippier or even Sissoko but none of them would have let Mane skip away from him like it was a meaningless training game. And if he leaves because he wants to win things then he's deluding himself, because if he plays like that he won't have won anything it will be the team that carries him that won it.
Also I see dele getting criticised for not showing up, well what about Eriksen?

Eriksen is suffering from precisely the same problem that the rest of our front 4 are - he's receiving the ball the wrong side of the lines.

If our midfield doesn't break the front line of defence (and it regularly doesn't) then Eriksen isn't able to pass/shoot through the last line because he has two lines in front of him.

That's why we're seeing so many of those higher risk 2-3 yard passes on or around our opponents' D, because there's only a few yards between the two lines in which to play.

The way we were able to play 18 months ago had the base of midfield breaking past the first line, causing the second to have to push forward and close the runners. That left Eriksen and Alli in space between the last two lines, leaving us one threaded pass (or nutmeg!) from a clear chance.

I don't think Eriksen's game has changed at all, he's just working in much more difficult circumstances.

Last edited:
Eriksen is suffering from precisely the same problem that the rest of our front 4 are - he's receiving the ball the wrong side of the lines.

If our midfield doesn't break the front line of defence (and it regularly doesn't) then Eriksen isn't able to pass/shoot through the last line because he has two lines in front of him.

That's why we're seeing so many of those higher risk 2-3 yard passes on or around our opponents' D, because there's only a few yards between the two lines in which to play.

The way we were able to play 18 months ago had the base of midfield breaking past the first line, causing the second to have to push forward and close the runners. That left Eriksen and Alli in space between the last two lines, leaving us one threaded pass (or nutmeg!) from a clear chance.

I don't think Erikson's game has changed at all, he's just working in much more difficult circumstances.

That's a lot of words just to say it's Sissokos fault.

It's not Sissoko's fault - he can't change who or what he is.

It's Poch/Levy's fault for buying him and then not taking a loss on him when they could and England's fault for running Dier/Winks into the ground.

Sissoko tuned out to be a good buy, the lack of purchasing to cover/improve the midfield behind the attacking players .. not so much.

Back to Eriksen, I really think it's simple, he's not unhappy but he'd go if the right offer came in (seems right offer is Spain).

We have CL again next season, he likely has a pay raise on table, up to how other teams rate him honestly (and like Hazard in a way, he has given a lot of his career to Spurs, don't think the club will actively begrudge him a dream move once we receive fair compensation)

Sissoko tuned out to be a good buy
He turned out to be completely incompatible with the system we were set up to play. That's not a value judgement on his ability (where I'm sure we'll differ) it's a comment on the type of player he is.

That's an issue regardless of his debatable ability as a footballer. Ronaldo and Messi couldn't effectively swap into each others systems as both teams are built to suit their own style of play. We were not set up for a player like Sissoko and Poch has had to manage around him being our only available midfielder.

That's a lot of words just to say it's Sissokos fault.
It's actually a long winded way of saying we miss Dembele. I agree we miss Dembele, we need to replace him. Sissoko is not as good at holding the ball as Moose but he does break the lines, he just releases the ball more quickly mostly as a pass or cross to one of the front players or loses the ball high up the pitch. To blame our problems on Sissoko per se, is straw manning. Sissoko may not be as good as Dembele at breaking lines but he brings other strengths, for example covering our right back or getting back quickly to prevent a counter attack.

We absolutely have not changed our play to accommodate Sissoko. The problem is we haven't replaced Dembele. How you do that unless you pay serious money I am not sure. It wouldn't have mattered if Dier was there rather than Sissoko. We would not have broken the lines as we did with Dembele.

The other point is that teams like Brighton, Burnley and say Crystal Palace sit deep with two lines of 4. Very difficult to break those lines.

Last edited:
Thought he wasn’t bad last night. He was hamstrung a bit by what was in front of him because he did look to play positive passes.

Here’s my biggest criticism of Eriksen though. It’s his honesty of effort. Yes he racks up the kms on the distance covered. But there was an incident with Mane second half when Eriksens tracking him, Mane gets a burst of pace and Eriksen just trots after him and Mane is free to run at our back 4. That sort of brick isn’t good enough and he does it a lot by wimping out of tackles or wafting a leg at players as they go by.

Eriksen's major weakness is his snail's pace. If Mane does him with a trick, he's got nothing in his locker to be able to recover. His defensive work is done (well) as part of an organised unit. But one a 1-on-1 he's got nothing. Its the same offensively too - he's the last player in the squad you want leading a counter attack.

Sissoko tuned out to be a good buy

I'm not sure about that. 2 dreadful seasons, 1 outstanding one. And he's now 30.

Was this season and his likely future contribution worth the fee + two year's wasted wages?

If anything it's a lesson that Poch shouldn't really sign players older than about 23

Was this season and his likely future contribution worth the fee + two year's wasted wages?

Yes because his outstanding season has helped us to the final this year and qualify for next season's competition. The revenues from that I suspect dwarf his transfer fee and wages.

Thing is Sissoko was bought to do what he has done this season, break the lines vertically cause we had nobody who could. This issue is that the rest of the midfield fell apart around him.

If the rest were fit and inform he would be just be another cog that enabled us to change playing styles when needed, which is something we lacked. Pair this seasons Sissoko with prime Dembele and Wanyama all of a sudden opposition midfielders wouldn't touch the ball for 90 mins.

It appears from the transfer rumours this is what we're trying to put in place now.

We were told yesterday by a fan who was hugged by Eriksen after the game that Eriksen looked like he's leaving. Son and Dier stood not far from the fans too but gave Eriksen time to hug and have some chat with fans. Similar to Trippier.

Take it with a pinch of salt anyway. You never know how the fans see things under emotions.

Where was anyone on that pitch tonight? And with that I mean Liverpool players as well, to single out Chris tonight is ludicrous and I hope you'll come to this conclusion after time to reflect.

Well said, every time we fail to win games it seems some supporters want to slag off our better players, no one played well ( except Winks) our worse player ( imo) was Kane, ' but that is because he is NOT fit before anyone jumps on me.

Back