• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Not just him.

Not that I advocate ANOTHER window without buying players, but I genuinely think were that to happen we would still be a completely different (and better) team next season just for the fact all our players would be properly rested and had a full pre-season.

The amount of football our lot have had the last couple of years is insane, and I think reflected in our decline the last 15 games of the season. Dead on their feet.

for gods sake delete this post before Levy sees it

My thoughts too. This will not help his confidence.

I suspect he has enough on his mind for the England squad for a summer friendly to not really bother him.

He has been very candid in acknowledging his poor form, and fair play to him for that, so I doubt this would be a shock.

He also has the CL to focus on, Internationals shouldnt really be on his mind.

And, apparently, he has an impending move to Italy to work out

I suspect this will have no effect on his confidence at all!

Looks like he's off, seemed to be saying goodbye to fans after the game unless that was his family over there.

This. Think that slower pace of Italian league would suit him better.

Liverpool targeted Trippier right from the kickoff and if we had a competent RB then Sissoko wouldn’t have even needed to be in that position where he conceded the penalty.

15 seconds into the final and you’re allowing Mane to run off you :oops:

B1EB82B5-219C-4F86-8D74-BC88C45A50E5.jpeg

Last edited:
This. Think that slower pace of Italian league would suit him better.

Liverpool targeted Trippier right from the kickoff and if we had a competent RB then Sissoko wouldn’t have even needed to be in that position where he conceded the penalty.

15 seconds into the final and you’re allowing Mane to run off you :oops:

View attachment 6765

City tie at fault/partly at fault for 2/3 goals
Ajax tie 2/3 goals
Final 1 goal

That’s not even mentioning the league stage or the league.

He’s just utterly brain dead.

Thought he did okay generally last night but his part in the first goal was criminal and it was obvious they’d identified him as our weakest link. Just not good enough sadly. Not the lad’s fault but we’ve got to upgrade.

He's an excellent squad player. If we can get £20m for him, why not?

Of Aurier, KWP, Foyth, it is actually the Argentinian who might hold the most promise. Unless Aurier can discover a new seriousness and application to his defending he's done too. Tripps is the best of an average bunch as things stand. He defo lost his confidence as fans and opposition single him out.

I don't think he's at the stage in his career where he wants to step back for a new #1. Bets of luck to him wherever he goes, he's done well for us (mostly).

Had his moments, but best for everyone that he moves somewhere else now. Simply not good enough this season, the weakest link in the team by a long way.

Had his moments, but best for everyone that he moves somewhere else now. Simply not good enough this season, the weakest link in the team by a long way.

Sadly this. You hear him talk and want to change things for him because he talks with such honestly, self awareness and humility. But teams target him and get joy out of him and it’s ultimately because he’s not a good enough defender in a back 4. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Sadly this. You hear him talk and want to change things for him because he talks with such honestly, self awareness and humility. But teams target him and get joy out of him and it’s ultimately because he’s not a good enough defender in a back 4. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Agree, he does seem like a nice guy and I wish him luck wherever he goes next.

I liked him, yes he's had a poor season, but so have plenty have others.

If he is gone I wish him good luck.
Also backs up something Ive thought, some of our business is done, just not been made public until after CL.

If he doesn’t leave, I’d be fine to see how he does after a ‘reset’ summer break.

Being dropped from England is a blessing. He’s clearly been carrying niggles all season as well as having to play straight through two seasons and a World Cup.

A rest and a bit of Poch love, and we could have a decent player back again next season.

A lot of the problem was that Aurier has been nowhere near the level of replacement we needed for Walker. Serges lack of form and availability left an also out of form trippier playing week in week out. Tripps is clearly not what you want from your first choice RB, but as competition pressing the other RB and a good option with his crossing and creativity, he was good to have in the squad mix.

Not this last season though. It was all too much for him and that’s not a criticism.

Back