• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Getting stick from Liverpool supporters all day. i have no probelem at all with them as a club, but their supporters are fudging idiots. Struth, one guy, who is a good friend has just gone nuts, calling me a bad loser, when in fact I told him straight that I wasn't all that bothered by the loss in its self. My GHod they go on and on and on......
That’s the self entitlement shining through mate

On the bus back to Bilbao now...

Terrible spectacle of a match with neither side really at it - extended break the cause of that maybe? i thought on balance of play it was fairly even and felt we could have pulled level in the 2nd half with a bit of luck.

Penalty knocked the stuffing out of the Spurs end and it felt like it was over before it began really, queues getting in to the stadium (took us over an hour) were an absoloute joke - i love Spain but they can't organize a tinkle up in a brewery- after the game turfed out and marched half hour down a dual carriage way type road with nowere to pick up a bottle of water, which considering the days weather was outrageous - complete lack of options once in the stadium area with regards to food and drink, massive queues and just not enough outlets to suit the demand, which killed the pregame atmosphere as we ended up not getting a drink after 6pm local time

Last edited:
We were too hesitant in the final third. I ,$,
When we had Vega and Fox we had a whole team of brick.

Jenas I always rated quite highly.

Adebayor was a clam though - I'd imagine you're in a very small group if you disagree. And Sissoko is just not good enough. He's have fit it well in that side with Fox.

No Scara. Sissoko IS good enough. You’re just beating your drum again. Trippier? THAT’S an example of ‘not good enough’. When Sissoko did carry the ball through the middle and pass to Trippier, the mentioned simple killed momentum and passed backwards!!!

Getting stick from Liverpool supporters all day. i have no probelem at all with them as a club, but their supporters are fudging idiots. Struth, one guy, who is a good friend has just gone nuts, calling me a bad loser, when in fact I told him straight that I wasn't all that bothered by the loss in its self. My GHod they go on and on and on......

Been getting brick all week and kept my mouth shut thinking the football gods would have us win as revenge. They’re an awful shower because they think they’re better than everyone else.

You’ll never walk alone, Hillsborough, special Anfield nights, writing poetry on RAWK. They really are a contemptible shower of clams and it breaks my heart we lost to them of all clubs. Which is a shame because what they’ve done on the pitch this season is quite remarkable.

Sorry. This is total rubbish.

Yeah I agree. Our boys tried hard. It just didn’t happen for them. I thought Alli was dreadfully poor. He wasn’t the only one below par but was the biggest disappointment for me. But he bloody tried and it’s a bit insulting to say that we had people out there not giving their best effort. Maybe that didn’t translate into their best form but one doesn’t always result in the other.

Don’t let sense get in the way of a a ‘controversial’ idea. We could spend the Son money on a player who would need time to settle into Poch’s system and maybe not be as food as him. Think of the fun that would be!
Not sure what you mean but any players we get to try and move the team to a higher level next season will is going to be difficult..as we know we have bought expensive players that have not gelled. So this is going to be the challenge for next season (if we get anyone lol)sorry replying late..woken up depressed over yesterday..how being a keen football fan affect,s you...

So depressed and this morning angry.

We will never do anything will we? It would have happened by now with a premier League or cl yesterday. We are always the fool guys. If we could have played 5% better we could have won it.

Just a massive shame. The likes of Dele and Eriksen should be ashamed of their performance. They were woeful. Son tried and Kane isn't fully fit.

Winks was good and was disappointed he got taken off, there was no drive from midfield.

We need to spend big this summer but can't see that happening to be honest. It's not our model. Eriksen will go and so he should. If he thinks he's good enough for Madrid he will be in for a massive shock. Look how they treated Bale and he's a hundred times better.

Been a pretty brick last few weeks for me.

Ran over a deer and it was still alive. Took it to vets but died. Being an animal lover it was very hard to take.

Playing football I ruptured my achillies and now in a boot in this hot weather till mid August ( 9 month full recovery period)
Ended up selling off my Madrid flight and match ticket ( prob for the best now)

And then we go and lose out on a trophy I've always dreamed of us winning.

To say I'm feeling down is an understatement

It was a poor game for a champions league final and I have Liverpool mates saying spurs played pretty well...we overachieved, let's not forget the context of this season. If anything I am worried that poch won't have any excuses next season... The pressure will be tremendous!

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Yeah it was dreary..
most of the time was spent waiting for them to throw the fudging ball into play..

I remain delighted to have been here and experienced the occasion. When Allison saved Eriksen’s free-kick -which from where I was looked postage stamp in the top corner- it felt like we weren’t going to manage it, yet we still had two great chances after that! The really really galling thing is that had Moura scored, or had we forced the equaliser, we would have gone onto win as they were out on their feet. As for the “penalty” not a chance for me, however we have had a fair dose of luck this season in the tournament so as it goes really.

I was aggravated by the ref’s inability to punish Liverpool for their fouling and game-stopping tactics. Kane was battered first half, Trippier elbowed in the face and Rose taken right out twice. In that regard a poor ref for me.

Personally, I don’t feel this is the time to call any player out specifically. Perhaps in a few days, if that even has to be done. But right now, I think it is all about the fact that we played in the Champions League Final for the first time ever.

A final word on the support. Incredible as always, and I found a lot of mutual respect before as well as after the game. I am well aware that for some this is an afront, but I have always found many other supporters far worse.

Proud of this journey, proud of the success this first five years of the project has delivered, and excited about the next stage to come.
COYS

I remain delighted to have been here and experienced the occasion. When Allison saved Eriksen’s free-kick -which from where I was looked postage stamp in the top corner- it felt like we weren’t going to manage it, yet we still had two great chances after that! The really really galling thing is that had Moura scored, or had we forced the equaliser, we would have gone onto win as they were out on their feet. As for the “penalty” not a chance for me, however we have had a fair dose of luck this season in the tournament so as it goes really.

I was aggravated by the ref’s inability to punish Liverpool for their fouling and game-stopping tactics. Kane was battered first half, Trippier elbowed in the face and Rose taken right out twice. In that regard a poor ref for me.

Personally, I don’t feel this is the time to call any player out specifically. Perhaps in a few days, if that even has to be done. But right now, I think it is all about the fact that we played in the Champions League Final for the first time ever.

A final word on the support. Incredible as always, and I found a lot of mutual respect before as well as after the game. I am well aware that for some this is an afront, but I have always found many other supporters far worse.

Proud of this journey, proud of the success this first five years of the project has delivered, and excited about the next stage to come.
COYS

Good post but what success? We haven't won a thing!

We have built the club on a commercial basis but on the pitch, poch has been working with scraps.

On the pitch success is measured by trophies and we have a big fat 0

hmmm, a tough post to write.

Watching Hoddle later on in the post match and I normally agree with GHOD but we were not the better team and it was definitely a pen using this year's rule or last year's rule, it was clumsy by Sissoko. Re-watching the highlights and stats really don't tell the story of the game, Allisson really only had one save to make. It was s sh!t game but to be expected when after a long, gruelling season, UEFA decides to give players a 3 week break which can only be down to money for them, stop/starts never benefit professional sportsmen. It was a damned if u do, damned if u don't decision but starting Kane in hindsight was an appalling decision, he just wasn't at the races. But nor were most of our team until that brief flurry with 10 mins to go.
Our best player was probably Lloris which says it all really.
And after our miraculous group stage advance, the Emirates Marketing Project VAR incident, that comeback against Ajax, Klopp never winning, I thought our name could be on the trophy. More fool me.
I feel sorry for a few mates who are waiting at an empty airport trying to kill time for 5 hours before they can fly home, must be excruciating to do that after a loss.
I'd like to be all upbeat and say we'll be right back next year, but this was a big anticlimax, we lost a lot of league games this year, we didnt win a trophy in the whole of this decade which we haven't done since pre war. Sorry, I'm just a little despondent right now, very proud to see my team in a CL final but a little nervous what the future holds.

Whilst the 3 week break could perhaps excuse some of the rustiness, I wonder how Hazard still managed to look so sharp as he tore those Goons apart 72 hours previously. Whilst the closest player we had to his skill set sat on our bench for over an hour, despite scoring 2 hat-tricks in the previous month.

Still hurting from last night, but on reflection if you would have said to me 10 years ago we would be playing in CL Final and regular top 4 finishers in 2019 I would never have believed it, it's going to be tough to pick ourselves up but that what we must all do and face next season with the determination to keep moving forward. Congratulations to everyone at the club and all the fans who have put their heart and soul into this season.

I’m exhausted and suffering from lack of sleep but back home now the thing I feel most I think is huge disappointment. Liverpool were there for the taking and it is a massive missed opportunity.
Right up to their 2nd, I felt calm and really believed we were going to get the equaliser. It’s so, so deflating and disappointing that we didn’t as I’m sure we would have gone on to win.

I need to get some sleep now after which I may be able to make more sense of it all.
But regardless. I couldn’t be more proud of what we have achieved this season, it’s been phenomenal when you take everything into account.

Whilst the 3 week break could perhaps excuse some of the rustiness, I wonder how Hazard still managed to look so sharp as he tore those Goons apart 72 hours previously. Whilst the closest player we had to his skill set sat on our bench for over an hour, despite scoring 2 hat-tricks in the previous month.

He didn't look sharp for the first 45 minutes

Back