• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gutting. Absolutely gutting.. Proud of the whole club, but I'm gonna take a break from football for a while after this one.

Exactly. I made a stupid drink post after the QF about how Levy could be held responsible for lack of investment. Despite everything he has done this can only serve as evidence that we can’t fully compete using the cheap option.

To get so far and see us fail to compete when it counts is very painful. If we played like it was a champions league final and created a chance or two but got smashed 4-0 I would accept that and say good in them for getting this far.

Now Mr Levy, we are not idiots. We love you for your what’s just happened. However, we simultaneously despise you for what could have been. We’ve just reached the chansons league final without spending a penny for two seasons. We have just moved in to a fudging fantastic stadium With insanely increased revenues. Don't you dare tell us we can’t spend. It is time to hire genuine back up to Kane, enrich our squad and launch a full on assault on all fronts.

We need a trophy more than ever. Hopefully Poch is still around to the collect that.

To Dare Is To Do
Well said. As mush as I appreciate everything levybhas done for the club, it's time to put up or sell up.

Aaah that could have been is. fudge, it could have been us.

I barely really get emotional about football any more but that is genuinely so fudging gutting.

We were on a downward trend before that

Poch wanted to refresh the side last summer and was right. We've gone one season too far with this group of players. It will be tough this summer because we effectively need to make two years worth of changes in one transfer window and our manager is slow to integrate players.

Chins up, lads.

Chins up.

Forget the performance. Forget the loss. Forget the Champions League.

We're Spurs. For almost all of our history, we have been the eternal bridesmaids - the team that falls to its knees in the background as football's winners lift the prizes that matter. The background to football's great stories - the butt of the jokes.

We know what we are. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference to us, and never will. We're all still here - it's a tradeoff we made, long before we realized what we were getting ourselves into.

But that is changing.

It is changing, as surely as night follows day.

Today, I was in a bar with 100 Liverpool fans and maybe 10 Spurs chaps. We sang our hearts out, but in the end, it didn't matter. We watched as the Liverpool supporters sang their songs, and we felt the gut punch when the whistle blew.

But we felt it. Time was, we never would have dreamed we could get to feeling it.

And time was, I would be the only Spurs fan in a bar with 99 others, all of whom would mock and jeer. I never minded, but it was a reminder of who we were, all the same.

Today, there were ten, twelve, fifteen, with more stood outside waiting to get in.

And the next time we get here, there will be even more.

The club is changing. The club is growing. And one way or another, the club we knew is being left behind for one that is no longer wholly ours.

With that will come success, will come the arrogance and expectation of succeeding at these pinnacles. You will be there to see it.

But it will take time. And it will hurt, brutally so.

But the club is changing. And we will be back here, soon.

So chin up. Today, tomorrow, and for a long time yet, I will feel like absolute crap, and this will hurt my soul. But I see the change.

We will change, and the hurt will stop. So chin up.

Aaah that could have been is. fudge, it could have been us.

I barely really get emotional about football any more but that is genuinely so fudging gutting.
I am so angry with our offensive players. The focus will be on the Sissoko mistake but we would have lost anyway given how poor up front we were.

I’m so fudging angry, I’m one beer away from daubing the word clam onto a sheet with my own brick and taking it to Stansted to welcome the useless bastards home.

Back