• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
City waaaay outplayed us over 180 minutes. People are entitled to their opinions and I am gutted, but will always have the amazing comebacks to remember, not this limp final.

I mean we performed better than we did tonight, not that we performed better than City.

Also think we deserved to win the first leg vs City.

The important thing is that we learn the lessons from today, gain from the experience, build on the strength that we shown in the Champions League this season, make sure that we get back to a final again soon and not let @Jon fudge it up with a brick OMT next time.

Yeah, we need to make sure we add to the squad and improve from here. We've outperformed but tonight should give the player the taste/determination to get back there.

The weaknesses we saw tonight are what we know - RB was poor, when we took off a CM we had to drop eriksen deeper as our options there aren't great, missing some x-factor in advanced areas.

We just need to make sure we bring 3, perhaps 4, players in the summer and take ourselves to the next level

What a waste. As per usual we come out with nothing. Don't care how bad they were. No one stood out and made the difference for us.

I hope they are hurting as much as me because they didn't turn up yet again.

Being a fan means supporting all our players while they play in our shirt. Your behaviour is shameful no better than the clams around me at the Lane shouting abuse at our players.
Is support an unfounded belief that a brick footballer will magically become a good one? Or lying to myself and fellow fans that I thought a brick footballer was better than he was?

Because I can't do that.

I mean we performed better than we did tonight, not that we performed better than City.

Also think we deserved to win the first leg vs City.
You are right. We were flat tonight - we needed the spirit of The Etihad and Ajax 2nd half. Sadly, we didn't have it. But I'd rather be feeling this today than this three weeks ago. This squad will be back with more hunger and desire next season.

What a waste. As per usual we come out with nothing. Don't care how bad they were. No one stood out and made the difference for us.

I hope they are hurting as much as me because they didn't turn up yet again.

...or our team are outperforming relative to their typical/average level and we're missing the players to take us to that next level

I think the pen decision has pinched that final. I’m not saying it was wrong. I just wonder if it might have been a better game/different outcome without such a game defining decision so early. Liv A1 position to be one up. 3 holders in front of a solid back 4 and just pop it forward rather than come on to us.

Yep. Maybe they would've attacked and we would've had a more open game instead of the Mourinho style bore fest. Ruin ed the occasion, but what can you do

I think the pen decision has pinched that final. I’m not saying it was wrong. I just wonder if it might have been a better game/different outcome without such a game defining decision so early. Liv A1 position to be one up. 3 holders in front of a solid back 4 and just pop it forward rather than come on to us.

Play how we played when it’s 0-0 and it’s spot on.

You might see it as a wasted opportunity now, but you were actually in Madrid. And that's what you will remember in the long run. I'm thoroughly jealous.

If we’re honest, we didn’t deserve to win. We balls our way to the final and fair dues we deserved it for the fight we showed. The frustration is we needed more fight and better finishing tonight...and we might have had the trophy. But I was elated with us beating City.

Poch and this side have raised the stakes at Spurs.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

What lessons? Genuine question.

Hands by your side in the penalty area.

Please stop fudging conceding early goals from stupid mistakes in the early stages of matches.

Read we'd conceded a quarter of our goals in the CL in the first 7 minutes of games this season (and just added another). Makes for exciting games... But please just stop.

The important thing is that we learn the lessons from today, gain from the experience, build on the strength that we shown in the Champions League this season, make sure that we get back to a final again soon and not let @Jon fudge it up with a brick OMT next time.

We don't learn that's the problem. Always end up the loser.

The result sadly didn’t match the OMT.

Anyway, come on you mother fudging Spurs.

Love you more than ever. Bring Gareth back next season and let’s fudging cream the lot of the oil rich clams!!!

COYS!!!!
Your having a bubble ..we could have done it this season...I guess i.m disappointed..

Back