• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Courage, my friends.

Our moment in the sun is here. And come what may, it will last well beyond this day.

I'm paraphrasing a favorite passage of mine, but here goes.

It will not be we, who celebrate the trophies that will come, the great days and the greater memories to recreate in front of a fireplace to wondrous young eyes, many years hence.

It will be a different club. A different entity.

With more of our strengths, and fewer of our weaknesses. More confident, far-seeing, capable, and prudent.

The old club we have known is ending today. Today, a newer, more resilient, more hopeful club emerges. One where anything is possible, and success is expected, not just dreamed about in the days when we had nought but our hopes to sustain us.

So enjoy today, mates. Look to the game with courage. And know that, whatever else may happen...we have changed the nature of our club. Today, we ford the unknown. And by doing so, we open up a path for the Spurs of tomorrow to follow in our footsteps. :)

Let's fudging win this. Come on, boys. This is it.

Leave nothing behind.

Courage, my friends.

Our moment in the sun is here. And come what may, it will last well beyond this day.

I'm paraphrasing a favorite passage of mine, but here goes.

It will not be we, who celebrate the trophies that will come, the great days and the greater memories to recreate in front of a fireplace to wondrous young eyes, many years hence.

It will be a different club. A different entity.

With more of our strengths, and fewer of our weaknesses. More confident, far-seeing, capable, and prudent.

The old club we have known is ending today. Today, a newer, more resilient, more hopeful club emerges. One where anything is possible, and success is expected, not just dreamed about in the days when we had nought but our hopes to sustain us.

So enjoy today, mates. Look to the game with courage. And know that, whatever else may happen...we have changed the nature of our club. Today, we ford the unknown. And by doing so, we open up a path for the Spurs of tomorrow to follow in our footsteps. :)

Let's fudging win this. Come on, boys. This is it.

Leave nothing behind.

I won't lie, this made me well up with tears.

Liverpool's away matches against Everton, Leicester, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal give me a glimmer of hope.

Hello, Leicester fan here.

I've noticed a few posts about doing a leicester etc (some positive some not). I'll never forget that feeling, that emotion, my son crying with happiness.
I know things haven't been great between both sets of fans and i'll admit i dislike some of your players as i'm sure you do of ours.

However that feeling described above is unbelievable, good luck for the game. Enjoy the moment. Lap up the atmosphere. Share the moment with loved ones as it will be emotional.

I'm sure your fans and players will do you all proud. All the best

Win or lose, this is the biggest game on the biggest stage in world club football, and we're in it. For the first time ever. I'll be proud even if we lose, as long as we put on a good show. That we don't crumble. There will be no spacegoats. Liverpool is the better team, but not by much. We can beat them. Let's do this.

COYS

Plans for the day then?

Off to Epsom Derby to get tinkled all day then carry on into the evening, watching it with a Liverpool and an Everton fan, bundle of nerves already. Lets hope I can still see the screen after a day on the sauce.

I've noticed a few posts about doing a leicester etc (some positive some not). I'll never forget that feeling, that emotion, my son crying with happiness.
I know things haven't been great between both sets of fans and i'll admit i dislike some of your players as i'm sure you do of ours.

However that feeling described above is unbelievable, good luck for the game. Enjoy the moment. Lap up the atmosphere. Share the moment with loved ones as it will be emotional.

Thanks man.

I’m sure a lot dislike is pantomime stuff really, it’s just jousting.

In a footballing sense, couldn’t help but respect what Leicester achieved. I hope we get to feel the same elation.

Thanks for your good wishes.

Plans for the day then?

Off to Epsom Derby to get tinkled all day then carry on into the evening, watching it with a Liverpool and an Everton fan, bundle of nerves already. Lets hope I can still see the screen after a day on the sauce.

Think I’ll just spend the next 10 hours pressing refresh on livescore.com until eventually the line up appears.

Plans for the day then?

Getting a few chores / prep for a midweek overseas trip done today to pass the time.

Will head over to my in-laws’ about 6pm, few beers and snacks and settle in for the game.

Had the nerves fluttering for the last week or so whenever I’ve remembered we’re in the final. Today it’s constant nervousness, haven’t felt like this for a long time so far ahead of the game.

Classy post, mate. Cheers.

gettyimages-904606950.jpg

Back