• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haven’t heard the Souness stuff but if he’s saying we shouldn’t be there he can suck my big hairy ballbag. We’re there on merit. We came out of a tough group after an awful start. We beat the second best team in Germany comfortably. We’ve beaten the best team in Europe. We beat a much fancied Ajax team and showed massive bollox to do it.

Yes we’ve had a bit of luck against City but ultimately, both VAR calls were correct. Liverpool struggled as much in the group as us, got a gimme in the quarters and watched Barca choke in the semi. They still deserve to be there but they’ve had their own luck.

I like Souness as a pundit but if he’s said what it says on the tin, he’s being fudging stupid.
No doubt had we lost to City or Ajax it would have been because we'd bottled it but because we won, we did'nt deserve to.

Okay Graeme.

I’m resigned to defeat. It’s a coping mechanism. Just getting here has been amazing.

I keep getting that ‘yeah, but what if....’ feeling, then have to snuff it out quickly!!! :D

I'm just about mentally prepared for the inevitable 3rd minute clusterfudge that gifts them the lead

I can’t believe how many Spurs fans are saying “I’m delighted just to be here” and “I hope we don’t embarrass ourselves.”

And we criticise the players for being mentally weak? Have some faith lads. We’re here on merit, we have a team full of top class international players and we’re playing a club who, improved as they are, we’ve spent almost the entire last decade above in the league.

We can win this. Believe.

Liverpool fans seem to think this will be an easy win for them and its a case of how many they will score.

I can’t believe how many Spurs fans are saying “I’m delighted just to be here” and “I hope we don’t embarrass ourselves.”

And we criticise the players for being mentally weak? Have some faith lads. We’re here on merit, we have a team full of top class international players and we’re playing a club who, improved as they are, we’ve spent almost the entire last decade above in the league.

We can win this. Believe.
Like Jon said I think it's partly a coping mechanism.

I also think it's good to be able to appreciate and enjoy what we have achieved in the CL regardless of what happens in the final (not saying you're not).

It's a single game between two fairly evenly matched teams, with Liverpool being favourites by a bit. Anything can happen. Preparing for the worst, while hoping for the best isn't a bad thing. I know my nerves will be firing to the breaking point and I'll have to make an effort to enjoy the game. For the players it's different.

I will keep hoping, keep being as confident as I feel I can reasonably be.

-----------Lloris
Aurier--Alder--Verts---Rose
------Sissoko---Dier
Moura----Alli-----Eriksen
-----------Kane

Subs: Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Lamela, Son, Llorente
(tough on Trippier, Foyth and Wanyama)

-----------Lloris
Aurier--Alder--Verts---Rose
------Sissoko---Dier
Moura----Alli-----Eriksen
-----------Kane

Subs: Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Lamela, Son, Llorente
(tough on Trippier, Foyth and Wanyama)
Where have you been? Everyone knows by now we can have 12 on the bench for this game.

Where have you been? Everyone knows by now we can have 12 on the bench for this game.

Nope - that completely passed me by.

Even with a fully fit squad now, I'm not sure we have enough senior players. Would you pad it out with Vorm as a sentimental thing, or go for random outfield academy players like Oakley-Booth or Marsh?

In my head I'm a bit worried, but I find myself saying we got a 50% chance of winning whenever I talk to people about the game. Everyone keep telling me pool are big big favorites, and that they'll walk it. They're obviously favorites, but it's a one off game in a neutral ground, a lot at stake, and we tend to match pool when we play them. It's up for grabs. If we can keep the brainfarts at a bare minimum we stand a good chance of winning, I reckon. Of course we can do it.

I'd definitely have three keepers with 12 subs, just in case.

Save all of our substitutions until the last few minutes. Bring them on for outfield players and send all four keepers up for a corner.

tenor.gif

In my head I'm a bit worried, but I find myself saying we got a 50% chance of winning whenever I talk to people about the game. Everyone keep telling me pool are big big favorites, and that they'll walk it. They're obviously favorites, but it's a one off game in a neutral ground, a lot at stake, and we tend to match pool when we play them. It's up for grabs. If we can keep the brainfarts at a bare minimum we stand a good chance of winning, I reckon. Of course we can do it.

Spot on about the brain farts. Like the City home game, my fears were Trippier and Lloris with Rose to a lesser extent. Can they go 90 mins against excellent opposition without a mistake? They did it against City at home and I think if they can do likewise on Saturday, we’ll be okay.

Let everyone write us off. They said we wouldnt get out of the group stages, they said we wouldnt beat Dortmund who were top of their league, they said City would smash us, they said Ajax had beaten Real and Juventus so we had no chance. I like everyone saying "in 2 days you will be crying". This is what football is about. The underdogs winning a final. It can happen. That's why I'm not saying anything other than "We can win this", not that "we will".

Back