• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ndombele

Wasn't that the year that they finished 5th, i.e. the wouldn't have been in the CL the following season if they hadn't won it? Not quite the same as our situation, where we've qualified regardless.

I just wondered whether it would be better to end up in Pot 1 or Pot 2, seeing that there'll be at least three English sides in Pot 1. Here's how I think it looks:

Win on Saturday => Spurs in Pot 1 => Real, Atletico, Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar, Porto*, Ajax*
Lose on Saturday => Spurs in Pot 2 => Barcelona, Bayern, Juve, PSG, Zenit

* unconfirmed

On balance, I'd much rather be in Pot 1.

Totally the wrong thread for this, I know.

Nonsense. We will get the group of death hardest draw no matter which pot we are in.

Wasn't that the year that they finished 5th, i.e. the wouldn't have been in the CL the following season if they hadn't won it? Not quite the same as our situation, where we've qualified regardless.

I just wondered whether it would be better to end up in Pot 1 or Pot 2, seeing that there'll be at least three English sides in Pot 1. Here's how I think it looks:

Win on Saturday => Spurs in Pot 1 => Real, Atletico, Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar, Porto*, Ajax*
Lose on Saturday => Spurs in Pot 2 => Barcelona, Bayern, Juve, PSG, Zenit

* unconfirmed

On balance, I'd much rather be in Pot 1.

Totally the wrong thread for this, I know.

I don't think it matters too much, good teams in both pots and we should be strong enough to qualify from whatever group we go in.

Obviously I'd rather pot 1 as that would mean we are CL winners :)

In recent years we've been linked with making various decent sized bids for top players and ultimately they've come to nothing. I'm trying tell myself 'this summer is different'...but just cant get there at the moment

I think the story going around that we are no longer interested in Gomes, suggests we are dining at a higher table now and are confident of acquiring those that we want.

Sessegnon, Wan-Bissaka, Ndombele, Lo Celso and an awesome attacking midfielder (the psv chap or bale or someone else) is starting to look like it may not be a pipe dream!

Oh and also keep toby and eriksen :D

I think the story going around that we are no longer interested in Gomes, suggests we are dining at a higher table now and are confident of acquiring those that we want.

Sessegnon, Wan-Bissaka, Ndombele, Lo Celso and an awesome attacking midfielder (the psv chap or bale or someone else) is starting to look like it may not be a pipe dream!

Feels like it'll only be Ndombele and Lo Celso IF Eriksen goes TBH. Can't see us spending around 140 mil on two players without getting a huge chunk of the Eriksen money back. However, if we absolutely must wave goodbye to our Danish genius, Ndombele and Lo Celso would help soften the blow a lot. Add a couple full-backs and maybe an auxiliary attacker (Bergwijn, Clarke, etc), and Tottenham 2.0 is looking pretty fudging exciting.

Not as exciting as tomorrow night of course

Feels like it'll only be Ndombele and Lo Celso IF Eriksen goes TBH. Can't see us spending around 140 mil on two players without getting a huge chunk of the Eriksen money back. However, if we absolutely must wave goodbye to our Danish genius, Ndombele and Lo Celso would help soften the blow a lot. Add a couple full-backs and maybe an auxiliary attacker (Bergwijn, Clarke, etc), and Tottenham 2.0 is looking pretty fudging exciting.

Maybe not if Dier goes back to CB to replace Alder

Yeah actually if we keep eriksen and sign ndombele and lo celso, then there would be no need for another AM signing.

I think we could afford to do the following:

Sell: Vorm, Carter-Vickers, Trippier, Aurier, Davies, Wanyama, Sissoko, Onomah, Nkoudou, Edwards, Janssen, Llorente

That should raise some decent money to supplement the rumoured £150m we have to spend. You could even keep maybe a Davies and or Sissoko to bolster the squad but selling them all should allow:

Buy: Sessegnon, Wan-Bissaka, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Clarke (loan back to Leeds) Bale (buy or loan)

Yeah actually if we keep eriksen and sign ndombele and lo celso, then there would be no need for another AM signing.

Sell: Vorm, Carter-Vickers, Trippier, Aurier, Davies, Wanyama, Sissoko, Onomah, Nkoudou, Edwards, Janssen, Llorente

That should raise some decent money to supplement the rumoured £150m we have to spend. You could even keep maybe a Davies and or Sissoko to bolster the squad but selling them all should allow:

Buy: Sessegnon, Wan-Bissaka, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Clarke (loan back to Leeds) Bale (buy or loan)

I don't know what will be harder buying the players you name or selling those you don't want!

I don't know what will be harder buying the players you name or selling those you don't want!

I dont think it would be that hard.

Vorm and Llorente would be free transfers I’d imagine. CCV, onomah and edwards would all get interest from championship clubs and we should get 5m-8m for each of them. Nkoudou and janssen would go to turkey or france or somewhere similar for around 10m each - remember all the players mentioned so far are still quite young.

The rest are all well established and we wouldnt be short of takers imo, with the fees for each of them ranging from 20m to maybe as high as 30m on some.

And the signings are all achievable for the right money, which we would have when you add the sales to the rumoured 150m we have to spend.

Stefan Freund said we should sign Messi.
That's the table now - the chef's table on a private yacht.

That list looks about as exciting to a prospective buyer as a half-price Sale at Poundland!

Back