• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

But that’s just what happens in workplaces. The genuine stars know who they are, and they see it in their payslips too. The awards on awaydays go for effort and commitment - and they never go to the top quartile of earners.

Why does it freak you out that our team does, er, teambuilding stuff?
Not at all - that was a better analogy to the same point I was making. That is isn't, by any measure, proof of ability in Sissoko. It's merely proof of effort - not something I've ever denied in him.

Leaving emotion and some fudging ridiculous Roy of the Rovers story aside, can you honestly say he deserves that award more than Kane? Eriksen? Vertonghen? Any of the rest of our talented players?

For that matter, can you say the same for any halfwit involved in football? Even if I'm being generous and I pretend for a moment that I rate Sissoko as highly as you do, he's still a million miles short of world class - Kane isn't. So how can he possibly win that over Kane?

Absolutely, yes. I think he has a decent claim to win the main awards over Son too. Kane has had two seperate injured periods this year. In the first half of the season, Eriksen was being kept back. Sissoko has consistently, across the whole season, been one of our best players in all types of games. Against lower table sides, against top teams, he’s always been one of our top performers.

I don’t think anyone would deny that Kane is an amazing player. But, as always, you’re not giving Sissoko the credit he deserves because he accents highly on physicality, on effort, on a role that makes the team better rather than necessarily makes him look good as an individual. But most importantly, the team recognised the job that he does, and so do the legends. This is not to say the team would be better with 11 Sissokos rather than 11 Kanes, but the point is you need both, and other types besides.

But to answer your original question, compared to Kane, Eriksen, JV, yes I put Sissoko way up there this season because he has consistently been one of our best players in all types of games for the whole year. He deserves it.

Another piece of brilliant marketing by Levy, that’s just added another £5m to his price tag, at this rate with a few more awards, we might be able to turn a profit on him the summer

Another piece of brilliant marketing by Levy, that’s just added another £5m to his price tag, at this rate with a few more awards, we might be able to turn a profit on him the summer
It will still be a massive loss when adjusted for inflation.

The Champions League team of the season.
Sissoko included along with Lucas.
They are in good company along wit Messi et al

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/986753640?-3316:5268

MIDFIELDERS
It’s amazing to think how far MOUSSA SISSOKO has come in the Lilywhite shirt.

He is now one of Mauricio Pochettino’s most important players and he changed the tie as soon as he came on against Ajax in the semi-final first leg.

Sissoko has become one of Spurs’ most important players
He changed the game with his powerful surging runs as soon as he set foot on the pitch and he continued to cause trouble for the Dutch side in the second leg. Without Sissoko, Spurs would be nowhere near the final.

The Champions League team of the season.
Sissoko included along with Lucas.
They are in good company along wit Messi et al

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/986753640?-3316:5268

MIDFIELDERS
It’s amazing to think how far MOUSSA SISSOKO has come in the Lilywhite shirt.

He is now one of Mauricio Pochettino’s most important players and he changed the tie as soon as he came on against Ajax in the semi-final first leg.

Sissoko has become one of Spurs’ most important players
He changed the game with his powerful surging runs as soon as he set foot on the pitch and he continued to cause trouble for the Dutch side in the second leg. Without Sissoko, Spurs would be nowhere near the final.
TalkSport :D

Wait for the apologists, I can hear them now...

Diet this
Trippier that
Rose whatever

But nothing about the guy who gave away a penalty, played nearly every pass backwards and spooned a shot so high it’s still climbing
They weren't all backwards.

One was to Klopp and two were to the linesman

Wait for the apologists, I can hear them now...

Diet this
Trippier that
Rose whatever

But nothing about the guy who gave away a penalty, played nearly every pass backwards and spooned a shot so high it’s still climbing

Not holding back today.
Pathetic comment.
In the first-half he was the only player driving forward and trying to break lines from deep, he’d feed Trippier who would then run, stop, check and play it backwards rather than go down the outside and get around the back.
“Nearly every pass backwards?”
What gonad*s!

As much as it pained me at the same and I was in denial about it, I now think he only has himself to blame here.

Utterly brainless, given all the ‘penalties’ awarded in the CL this season. Keep your arms down in the box FFS. I get it’s hard to do this sliding in for tackles and blocks, but when you’re basically stationary...

Back