• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

@scaramanga - What do these joke so-called ‘legends’ know about football, eh? Bloody dinosaurs whom modern football has passed by jumpers for goal posts black leather boots rock hard leather ball muddy pitch no silly red cards or diving or money grubbing foreign players hot bovril grisly meat pie ruck outside the stadium...
The short answer is nothing, as they have proven.

The short answer is nothing, as they have proven.

And all of the current players and staff seem up in arms too about the award, like they can’t understand why someone they actively avoid passing to on the pitch could have done anything right. What is the song they are singing btw?

And all of the current players and staff seem up in arms too about the award, like they can’t understand why someone they actively avoid passing to on the pitch could have done anything right. What is the song they are singing btw?
Leaving emotion and some fudging ridiculous Roy of the Rovers story aside, can you honestly say he deserves that award more than Kane? Eriksen? Vertonghen? Any of the rest of our talented players?

For that matter, can you say the same for any halfwit involved in football? Even if I'm being generous and I pretend for a moment that I rate Sissoko as highly as you do, he's still a million miles short of world class - Kane isn't. So how can he possibly win that over Kane?

Leaving emotion and some fudging ridiculous Roy of the Rovers story aside, can you honestly say he deserves that award more than Kane? Eriksen? Vertonghen? Any of the rest of our talented players?

For that matter, can you say the same for any halfwit involved in football? Even if I'm being generous and I pretend for a moment that I rate Sissoko as highly as you do, he's still a million miles short of world class - Kane isn't. So how can he possibly win that over Kane?
Because the award is not for being world class, it is about contribution to our ‘success’ over the year and like it or not, Sissoko has been a big part of that. Undoubtedly the fact that he’s gone from - at times - an utter liability who could barely hit an accurate two yard pass, to a player who clearly lifts the team when he plays and who CAN pass, and tackle, and surge forward in possession (yes, not as beautifully at the perma-crocked Dembele).

I get the sense that you don’t rate him, and most of us on here agree that there are many, many, many players who would be an upgrade, but this season he has been a great asset for a depleted squad (remember, Jack Grealish didn’t get signed) that has been injury hit.

Go on, Mr. Scara, uncross your arms and legs and fingers and toes, turn that frown upside down and give just a little credit.

Sissoko can't perform as well as Kane - he doesn't have the talent.

Edit: That's not a slight against Sissoko, almost nobody can perform as well as Kane.
Hey there - that was ALMOST a compliment to Sissoko. You are, sir, a pragmatist. Of the highest order.

Because the award is not for being world class, it is about contribution to our ‘success’ over the year and like it or not, Sissoko has been a big part of that. Undoubtedly the fact that he’s gone from - at times - an utter liability who could barely hit an accurate two yard pass, to a player who clearly lifts the team when he plays and who CAN pass, and tackle, and surge forward in possession (yes, not as beautifully at the perma-crocked Dembele).

I get the sense that you don’t rate him, and most of us on here agree that there are many, many, many players who would be an upgrade, but this season he has been a great asset for a depleted squad (remember, Jack Grealish didn’t get signed) that has been injury hit.

Go on, Mr. Scara, uncross your arms and legs and fingers and toes, turn that frown upside down and give just a little credit.
I don't buy that contributed more nonsense either. Contributed more than Kane? No way. More than Eriksen? Vertonghen? Lloris? Not a chance.

It's a "Didn't he try hard?" award and you all know it is. You also know that award always goes to the speccy little fudgewit in the class who wears corrective footwear, because all the kids who are good at sports have already won proper awards.

I don't buy that contributed more nonsense either. Contributed more than Kane? No way. More than Eriksen? Vertonghen? Lloris? Not a chance.

It's a "Didn't he try hard?" award and you all know it is. You also know that award always goes to the speccy little fudgewit in the class who wears corrective footwear, because all the kids who are good at sports have already won proper awards.
You’re right. Sissoko didn’t save a single penalty this season and LLoris saved three. And he didn’t score as many as Kane or Eriksen too. Nor did he make as many last-ditch goal saving tackles as Verts. And we all know that it is possible to objectively measure a footballer’s contribution based on the different things they all do. A bunch of former Spurs players, many of whom have won multiple honours, took a decision that smacked of some romance (I know, an odd adjective that is not quantifiable and is in the realm of ‘feel’), to pay tribute to a guy who perhaps somewhat epitomizes what this squad has done this year. Play above themselves, never give up and get to qualify for the CL and compete for the CL title.

By the way - I didn’t say he contributed ‘more’. I don’t deny the ‘improved player’ narrative in the new Sissoko’s love-fest. He did go from a player that almost everyone cringed at in our squad, to one who ‘did a job’. And an important one too. The players you already mentioned are undoubtedly ‘better’ than Sissoko and we expect them to do better things regularly.

Sissoko to score in the final.

Scara to switch off in denial.

tenor.gif

Someone here behaving like a kid, refusing to bring his rainwear to daycare with the argument "We never go out when it rains anyway", and later found himself outside, in the middel of a pouring rain. In the evening, at home, he defend his choice by saying "I ever went wet!"

But that’s just what happens in workplaces. The genuine stars know who they are, and they see it in their payslips too. The awards on awaydays go for effort and commitment - and they never go to the top quartile of earners.

Why does it freak you out that our team does, er, teambuilding stuff?

Back