• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

Eriksen and Alli have played deeper roles this season, a role someone like Ndombele could perhaps fill?

It wouldn't necessarily be Grealish for Eriksen. Sometimes perhaps Moura for Eriksen with Grealish on the bench.

It all depends on how good Grealish actually is and what his potential is. If he's not at the required level for us short or long term that's the answer, regardless of if Eriksen stays or leaves.

If he's good enough to be a positive signing if Eriksen stays he should be good enough to be a positive signing if Eriksen leaves. Though other players might have to be signed as well...
I think those players have often had to fill in for the lack of possession Dembele leaving has caused - so yes, he will be doing the role they've often had to.

I think the question with Grealish is a difference of backup Vs first team. Is he good enough to be a squad player? Would I prefer to bring him on over Sissoko? Is he a better use of a squad place than N'Koudou? The answer to all of those is yes.

If the question is whether I'd be happy having him start in Eriksen's position then the answer is No. Noatter who else we buy.

I think those players have often had to fill in for the lack of possession Dembele leaving has caused - so yes, he will be doing the role they've often had to.

I think the question with Grealish is a difference of backup Vs first team. Is he good enough to be a squad player? Would I prefer to bring him on over Sissoko? Is he a better use of a squad place than N'Koudou? The answer to all of those is yes.

If the question is whether I'd be happy having him start in Eriksen's position then the answer is No. Noatter who else we buy.
I agree that I would be underwhelmed if we end up with a plan of Grealish directly replacing Eriksen in our team. As part of a plan to build a very good team with or without Eriksen he might be a good signing. If he has the right attributes and potential.

My point is that we should look beyond directly replacing Eriksen. I don't know if a good enough direct replacement exists that we could sign, but I doubt it. If Eriksen leaves the question should be how do we build the best possible team and squad without him, not how do we directly replace Eriksen.
I'd be on board with signing Grealish if the fee was reasonable (£15m tops). It's the English premium and his media profile increasing that threefold that's the killer
If he has the potential to become a top player for us he's worth a lot more than that. If he doesn't have that potential I see no point in signing him at any fee as having a player develop in that role would be a lot more valuable long term than a squad player without that potential.

It all comes down to how our staff rates him. The reported long standing interest points towards them seeing something in him that makes him an exciting target.

If he doesn't have that potential I see no point in signing him at any fee as having a player develop in that role would be a lot more valuable long term than a squad player without that potential.

It all comes down to how our staff rates him. The reported long standing interest points towards them seeing something in him that makes him an exciting target.

Sometimes you just need a 6th choice AM. Like we bought Gazzaniga as a 3rd GK. If Nkoudou, Edwards and Shashoua aren't up to it, that's why we go after a Grealish type. Ideally though Sessegnon will fill that role while he develops into a LB

Sometimes you just need a 6th choice AM. Like we bought Gazzaniga as a 3rd GK. If Nkoudou, Edwards and Shashoua aren't up to it, that's why we go after a Grealish type. Ideally though Sessegnon will fill that role while he develops into a LB

Not for 40 mil and not someone that would expect to be playing more times than not

Like replacing Berbatov with Frazer Cambpell, and getting Modric in at the same time. 1 step forward, 1 step back

Ndombele or equivalent has to replace 2016-17 season Wanyama. If Eriksen leaves he has to be replaced by someone as good as Eriksen.
And who would that be? I'd say there are only maybe a handful that are as good as Eriksen, and the only ones I can think of are Silva (both of them), Dybala and Isco.

And who would that be? I'd say there are only maybe a handful that are as good as Eriksen, and the only ones I can think of are Silva (both of them), Dybala and Isco.

Dybala is a class act but quite a different player to Eriksen in terms of playing style

Demirbay could be an outside name. He’s not really in the Eriksen bracket yet, but could have been a reasonably priced signing who can play that role. He has 9 assists for the season in 26 matches. He creates chances every match and has had an excellent season for Hoffenheim. Shame then that he’s moving to Leverkusen in the summer for about £32m. That said, perhaps he needs to prove that this season wasn’t a one off and to show it regularly especially at his age of 25.

Absolutely right there aren't many as good as Eriksen, that's why top clubs want him. He's had a below par season for his standard and that reflexed in the teams performances, but apart from Silva there's no other player I would have, oh De bruyen.

Much better, ran the show.

I thought Grealish looked a bit lazy.
He is.
That said, the same was said about Eriksen.
If we see grealish as future Eriksen (I don't), buying now and moulding him for one or two years time is the way to go.
He's 23, the right age for that.
Very few players can step into our first system and mentality, they need Poch'ing

He is.
That said, the same was said about Eriksen.
If we see grealish as future Eriksen (I don't), buying now and moulding him for one or two years time is the way to go.
He's 23, the right age for that.
Very few players can step into our first system and meteorology, they need Poch'ing

Nothing about him reminds me of Eriksen ... he doesn't have his ability. Don't buy the media hype.

Grealish is a HUGE talent but he is not Eriksen.

If Poch got him and gave him direction we would have a MASSIVE player

Back