• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spurs have just a 29% chance of lifting the cup, according to respected stats site, fivethirtyeight.com.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tottenham-somehow-topped-liverpools-dramatics/

On the plus side, the site reckons the club should never have made it this far anyway, so hope spring eternal.

In the end, the result was a fair one: The Londoners took more total shots, directed more shots on goal, completed more passes in the attacking third, completed more passes in the opposing penalty area and created more big chances than their counterparts from Amsterdam. Over the course of both legs, Tottenham outperformed Ajax in expected goals 4.5 to 2.9, according to ESPN’s Stats & Information Group. The second half of the second leg will be responsible for much of that discrepancy, but it doesn’t matter when the goals come, just that they come at all.

We wondered in March if an English team could win the Champions League title. We know now that one will — it’s just a matter of which one. Liverpool has the edge — 71 percent to 29 percent — but after this week, it’s clear that the odds don’t mean much to these two teams.

why the fudge would you announce that before actually winning the game?

Seeing as it’s so close to the game I think they need to so people can make plans if they want to be there.
If they wait until after the game it gives 16 hours notice max.
It’s obvious we’d have to plan for a parade just in case, so I don’t see publishing details as tempting fate.

Last edited:
Seeing as it’s so close to the game I think they need to so people can make plans if they want to be there.
If they wait until after the game it gives 16 hours notice max.
It’s obvious we’d have to plan for a parade just in case, so I don’t see publishing details as tempting faith.

no reason it has to be done the next day, do it a week after, would give the players a brilliant excuse to get out of the ridiculous international games over the summer

no reason it has to be done the next day, do it a week after, would give the players a brilliant excuse to get out of the ridiculous international games over the summer

Pretty sure that wouldn’t be considered a valid reason to refuse international duty.
Whatever fans might want to happen re internationals, the players will want to play them and the club will generally support them in doing so.

What a fudging huge own goal that is.

Isn’t going to look too smart when we’ve conceded our usual goal in the first 8 minutes.

What a fudging huge own goal that is.

Isn’t going to look too smart when we’ve conceded our usual goal in the first 8 minutes.

as Hugo disappears down the tunnel after his red card whilst Harry squeezes his gloves on because Gazza got injured in the warm up

The authorities do have to put up signs about road closure in advance.
Nothing stopping the authorities doing that. As a club we should be steering clear of this sort of stuff though, or make it clear that you’ve been forced to pre plan it. As others have said it’s just an own goal that blows up in clubs faces every year. I still remember now the planned road closures round islington for Arsenal’s victory parade that never happened.

Nothing stopping the authorities doing that. As a club we should be steering clear of this sort of stuff though, or make it clear that you’ve been forced to pre plan it. As others have said it’s just an own goal that blows up in clubs faces every year. I still remember now the planned road closures round islington for Arsenal’s victory parade that never happened.

As soon as the signs go up around WHL we will be mocked as well regardless of whether the club said anything.

Back