• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Watched the first episode of Catch 22 last night, really good production values and I liked it a lot, the scene about GHod was particularly good (not only because she was naked in it). Although its a long time since I read the book (one of my favourites) I remember loving the first half and liking the second half. If I remember rightly the first episode covered most of the first half so all my best bits are over, there may be flashbacks or I may be misremembering but I hope it stays good.
What is that on? Netflix?

At the risk of sounding stupid - what is Chernobyl about? Is it a straight drama? Some sort of sci-fi?

Ive heard only that its highly rated, nothing more.

Not having a go.... no really.... but how old are you? Chernobyl was the nuclear reactor in Ukraine that melted down in 1986. Oh, it has already been explained. had you been a millenial, I could understand not knowing much about this.

Those initial response fire fighters were the bravest men alive IMHO. Words cannot express their sacrifice, by going in there and knowing that they would not survive.

Not having a go.... no really.... but how old are you? Chernobyl was the nuclear reactor in Ukraine that melted down in 1986. Oh, it has already been explained. had you been a millenial, I could understand not knowing much about this.

Im nowhere near a millenial and know exactly what Chernobyl is/was.

The point is, because of that, I had no idea what the show could be.

Could be a disaster mini series, a drama, or some crazy xmen type scenario - who knows what producers would do with it?

Ive heard literally nothing of the show aside from comments here and a "rated higher than game of thrones" headline, hence asking the question

Im nowhere near a millenial and know exactly what Chernobyl is/was.

The point is, because of that, I had no idea what the show could be.

Could be a disaster mini series, a drama, or some crazy xmen type scenario - who knows what producers would do with it?

Ive heard literally nothing of the show aside from comments here and a "rated higher than game of thrones" headline, hence asking the question

Oh I see. My mistake.

Chernobyl has been excellent so far. As said above I don’t think first responders knew what would happen to them.
Looking forward to final two episodes

Err, I think I could have come up with a more dramatic end for the Lannister twins. No trouble at all. There one portrayed was so bad, it would not be any great achievement on my part.

ICYMI there’s also a podcast on HBO’s YouTube page which I just stumbled across, whilst looking at archive footage and docs about people holidaying in Chernobyl!

the podcast is excellent by the way, the show writer expands on the story with deeper background and additional stories to those included in the show

ICYMI there’s also a podcast on HBO’s YouTube page which I just stumbled across, whilst looking at archive footage and docs about people holidaying in Chernobyl!

You can do day trips there now, when they first started letting people go there again it was left exactly how it was complete with litter, cigarette butts etc. Was fascinating seeing the photos but also a bit sick/weird.

Just watched GOT last series and enjoyed it. Makes me laugh to see how many script writers we have on here who think they could have done it better.:eek:

Err, I think I could have come up with a more dramatic end for the Lannister twins. No trouble at all. There one portrayed was so bad, it would not be any great achievement on my part.

Its not that other people couldn’t do differently, it’s that the art doesn’t belong to them to do differently with.

You can enjoy it or not, but not doesn’t make it wrong. The artist doesn’t owe you anything.

Back