• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I cant see that at all.

Even if the spirit was willing they would never have the political capital to see it through, far to many dissenting voices and opposition.

And, chances are, any new PM comes in with many palms to grease and favours to owe - I just doubt they would have the clout.

I cant see that at all.

Even if the spirit was willing they would never have the political capital to see it through, far to many dissenting voices and opposition.

And, chances are, any new PM comes in with many palms to grease and favours to owe - I just doubt they would have the clout.

I'm not following the finer details but somebody like Leadsom strikes me as genuinely believing in a no-deal outcome, Raab and Johnson have made similar noises though I'd be instinctively less convinced of their convictions.

IMO a change-up of leadership and approach, and a genuine threat of a no-deal ought to be enough to get the EU to renegotiate. As has been the case all along though (and as you yourself I think allude to), there are so many within our own country willing to do the EU's bidding for them and frustrate anything at all that the government can come up with, that maybe they can afford to just hold tight and say no. This has always been one of the biggest problems for me and as you say, perhaps make the whole thing impossible at this point.

I cant see that at all.

It's easy to change the narrative. Just start agreeing some sector by sector alternative arrangements, sign some non-EU trade deals, and it all becomes about 'how', not 'if'

Brexit may have been in play for Jamies Italian but his major businesses have struggled for years namely because he is not a very good businessman in terms of keeping successful business in operation, the nice guy act is lovely and he manages to line his pockets very well but his is not very good at keeping business up and running.

A friend of mine works very high up in one of the UKs main mid range Pizza restaurants and there has been HUGE pressure on the mid range middle of the road restaurants for years because the Byron Burger, Strada, Bella Italy market has cannibalised itself and there was too much competition in the samey samey Restaurant market and has been for years.

No doubt, only had to visit his restaurantes to see that once the branding wares off, there isn't much value to customers. Similar could be levelled at the steel industry. It short it was not Brexit alone that caused them to close. But it was a contributing factor. Brexit made life a little bit more difficult for these companies. And that is the theme of Brexit. It doesn't do much that is profound (certainally at the momement) it just makes things a little bit worse. Holidays are +20% in cost. The CL final trip will cost our fans £200-400 more than it would pre-vote for example. Things in the shops cost us a touch more too, but not so much that we'd notice. A few hundred quid more a year. A few jobs have been affected. House prices have stumbled. And this is the reality where the UK can trade with the EU (a soft Breixt). We're a little bit down, but not that much that we'd notice. A hard exit...that's a different story. We'd notice.

So whats the likely outcome in the European elections then?

The polls are predicting Brexit Party landslide, with Lib and Lab fighting for a distant 2nd, and Greens maybe edging Tories out of 4th

It was a bit odd this morning - it was the first time I've ever voted in a European election, and I only did so to protect my right to never have to do so again.

The polls are predicting Brexit Party landslide, with Lib and Lab fighting for a distant 2nd, and Greens maybe edging Tories out of 4th

It was a bit odd this morning - it was the first time I've ever voted in a European election, and I only did so to protect my right to never have to do so again.

So you voted Farage? You comfortable with him wanting to destroy the NHS? Getting money from a person who has links to a hostile foreign government, backing fracking, cosying up to Bannon of the alt right, denying climate change... Doesn't seem to fit with your supposed world view.

The mental gymnastics people put themselves through to justify a vote for the Brexit Party is irrelevant, Farage and his ilk will see it as validation of their right wing views.

Reactions: DTA
So you voted Farage? You comfortable with him wanting to destroy the NHS? Getting money from a person who has links to a hostile foreign government, backing fracking, cosying up to Bannon of the alt right, denying climate change... Doesn't seem to fit with your supposed world view.

I did. Green in the local elections, but Brexit Party for this one. The Brexit Party don't have a domestic agenda, they are a single issue party and will vanish before Christmas.

What I actually voted for is a protest against both Conservatives and Labour not honouring their central manifesto promise (to deliver Brexit).

I did. Green in the local elections, but Brexit Party for this one. The Brexit Party don't have a domestic agenda, they are a single issue party and will vanish before Christmas.

What I actually voted for is a protest against both Conservatives and Labour not honouring their central manifesto promise (to deliver Brexit).

See @galeforce post above. You voted for climate change deniers, fracking proponents, and far right sympathizers.

Own it, and live with it.

Back