• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

He hasn’t started there last 3 games but started the 11 before that. Will be interesting to see what happens with him in the summer.

He'll meet up with all his mates (hangers on) and they'll convince him to tell Spurs to fudge off as he's going abroad like all the other top young british players.

He might run out of time to get anywhere with us but I really do hope he has a great career.

Loans don’t always work out, he’s a slight kid and perhaps a late bloomer physically.

He'll be 21 by the end of the year; his time really has passed at Spurs. I think he should move to a less physical league - perhaps France or somewhere like that and try to start again. Spurs gave him a great platform and opportunity however whether because of attitude or whatever other reason, he hasn't taken it

He hasn’t started there last 3 games but started the 11 before that. Will be interesting to see what happens with him in the summer.

To be fair to the lad, they changed their coach in an effort to stave of relegation and are basically playing Hughton ball. If he doesn't sign a new contract this summer, I think the club has to sell him. Maybe Poch will see something in him this summer? Who knows.

To be fair to the lad, they changed their coach in an effort to stave of relegation and are basically playing Hughton ball. If he doesn't sign a new contract this summer, I think the club has to sell him. Maybe Poch will see something in him this summer? Who knows.
Agreed. He will be welcomed back over the summer and they will secretly watch his every move i.e. does he arrive on time, who is he with, does he go out partying, does he interact with teammates and staff, is he respectful, does he train properly, does he cause any issues, has he grown up (and then as a secondary point, is he still very good at football)

I think the club has to just get rid - period. FFS, he was crap in the Dutch league... you know? the place where Janssen was a superstar!

I am staggered that people still hold hopes for him! Another Ravel Morrison....

I think the club has to just get rid - period. FFS, he was crap in the Dutch league... you know? the place where Janssen was a superstar!

I am staggered that people still hold hopes for him! Another Ravel Morrison....

Think that's a bit harsh. He's been far from crap in the Dutch league, in fact he's been the best attacking player on a team that's really unsuited to his skillset. I don't hold out much hope for him at this point, but I'll always back any of our youth players and hope that they can make an impact.

Where does all this stuff about him having a poor attitude come from?

So he has an attitude good enough to get to the edge of stardom, but he’s castigated for not meeting the hype.

It’s not like he is tearing it up then going out on the lash. He’s never really made any impact in the men’s game at all. YET.

From Pochettino in his unnecessary book.

Then when he went on loan at Norwich, the word was that "he failed to arrive on time for a single training session and was also late for team meetings, much to the bewilderment of Norwich’s senior professionals."

So he has an attitude good enough to get to the edge of stardom, but he’s castigated for not meeting the hype.

It’s not like he is tearing it up then going out on the lash. He’s never really made any impact in the men’s game at all. YET.

It has been completely overblown. He was late for a few training sessions, and behaved like a bit of a moody tennager...while being a teenager.

The chances of success are stacked against any young players, but he has done well on loan! He drew plaudits, and helped his side win games. Serious plaudits too, with team mates saying his skills are off the scale. The new manager is not going to invest in him knowing he's off at the end of the season, and trying to play a defensive survival game. But Edwards can be pleased with his time there. He knuckled down by all accounts and was a creative member of the side. He should get a pre-season with us and get on the bench next seasion as well as start some cup games imo.

He still needs to hone that end product, but is there a player who does not?

Whilst important, the value of a loan is not necessarily judged on performance or output alone. How is has adapted to his surroundings, how he has trained, how he has integrated, how he has reacted to instruction, how - critically - he has dealt with not being selected, these are all part of the loan experience and hopefully he will be learning and benefitting from each aspect.
I suspect his chance at Spurs has most likely passed, but a lack of headline performances for Excelsior does not write him off or make him "crap".

It has been completely overblown. He was late for a few training sessions, and behaved like a bit of a moody tennager...while being a teenager.

The chances of success are stacked against any young players, but he has done well on loan! He drew plaudits, and helped his side win games. Serious plaudits too, with team mates saying his skills are off the scale. The new manager is not going to invest in him knowing he's off at the end of the season, and trying to play a defensive survival game. But Edwards can be pleased with his time there. He knuckled down by all accounts and was a creative member of the side. He should get a pre-season with us and get on the bench next seasion as well as start some cup games imo.

He still needs to hone that end product, but is there a player who does not?
A sensible and thoughtful spot. But the facts shouldn’t get in the way of people comparing him to Ravel Morrison with all his brushes with the law!

Constantly being late in itself shows a certain bloody mindedness and resilience.

The question is was it because he is Bertie big gonad*s or was he just making a point that things weren’t right for him?

Some teams have some odd bonding sessions.

We don’t know. Haven’t and will not hear from him about it, and have seen him go elsewhere, and try and push on.

6iz21xjryqz21.jpg

He's in there, which given he's been playing for a relegation scrapping side is quite a good sign I guess.

Yeah, it's nice to see him in and around some of the biggest youth players around. Though many will highlight the poor Dutch league, his team was insanely defensive and putting up solid attacking numbers in that kind of team deserves some praise. Often he was operating against double teams with almost nobody to hit inside the box. I'm not saying he's a future star or even a future Spurs player, but that's one of the more successful loans one of our players has been a part of in recent years for sure.

I've seen him play over 20 times and although I was impressed by his close control and ability to beat 2 or 3 players I never got the impression he was playing for the team and his work rate was poor. It was astonishing when he was made captain but I supposed it may have been done to see if he could respond to the responsibility, I'm aware some people develop at different rates and some don't realise what a fantastic opportunity they have at club like Tottenham but to me he always looked more concerned with himself than anyone else. The club were probably hoping he might grow up a bit playing abroad with adults, I suppose we will all wait to see what happens when he returns. I'd love to be wrong and see him turn out to be a world beater.

Last edited:

He was undisciplined, and when that happens, even as a teenager people in football take note. Even when people thought Ronaldo was just a show pony at Manure he was always early at training and always stayed late to practice his craft.

Kane use to be a teenager but he was professional and look at him now. If you do not succeed because you are simply not good enough that is something you cannot be blasted for, but if you are talented but simply do not put the effort in and simply cannot do the professional things like turning up on time then you are not going to get very far in this game. Because there will be many other players with half of his natural ability but will succeed ahead of him because of the discipline and effort if he is not careful.

Last edited:
I think we should consider going for Martin Ødegaard myself. I think he could turn out to be a good long term replacement for Eriksen. Real Madrid might be willing to let him go too.

I am curious, what has he done so far to make you think he would be good for us?

Back