• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

You bloody idiots comparing Sissoko to Dembele, what a stupid conversation.

The two of them together, on form, would have been a wonderful complimentary pairing.. But to try and compare them is a total waste of time.
I don't think he'd be much use with Dembele, Sissoko rarely sits deep for a whole game. You'd also never want him to be the player picking up the ball from the keeper/defence.

Last edited:
Sissoko is like Dembele in the way a diesel train is like a Maserati.

One is manoeuvrable and adaptable, the other goes in a straight line really fast. One is entirely unsuitable and useless to those of us at the top table

In the real world it's those of us who wouldn't be caught dead on public transport. In the football analogy it's those who intend to compete to win their leagues.

So... can anyone identify which of these stats belong to a diesel train and which to a Maserati?

upload_2019-5-18_17-55-31.png

Sissoko could score the winning goal in the CL final but the stats will show that Dembele was the better, more consistent player the season we finished 2nd in the league. So there.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Top cherry picking. Let's compare best season against best, shall we?

http://stats.squawka.com/en/compari...3,p10788e190282&s=101,306,401,404,307,312,310

League only. All figures per 90

You did realise that the Dembele stats I posted were actually from the 2017/2018 season, didn't you? Or not, I guess. So for all the stats you referred to, their end product was zero assists, zero goals, zero chances created and one cross!

There lies the crux of the issue.... you prefer flash with no end product. I am more inclined for the latter.

And just to make it clear; I am not dissing Dembele who was a great servant to the club. But when you come up with ridiculous comparisons, aimed solely to denigrate a player who has carried the team all season, they obviously cannot remain unchallenged.

Last edited:
It’s luck!

We were way better last season but got ridiculously unlucky in the Juve game, we were by far the better side over two legs yet people said we were naive to lose. So I guess this season we’ve become the masters of managing ties?

Or maybe it’s all just fine margins and luck?

Sissoko could score the winning goal in the CL final but the stats will show that Dembele was the better, more consistent player the season we finished 2nd in the league. So there.

Ive been convinced for ages he is going to get a thunderbolt goal in the final. Seems to be on the cards...

It means they have performed at a level high enough to get to a CL final, a team is the sum of its parts and preparation.

Were you talking about the league youd have more of a point, a cup competition just doesnt hold up the same way.

You did realise that the Dembele stats I posted were actually from the 2017/2018 season, didn't you? Or not, I guess. So for all the stats you referred to, their end product was zero assists, zero goals, zero chances created and one cross!

There lies the crux of the issue.... you prefer flash with no end product. I am more inclined for the latter.

And just to make it clear; I am not dissing Dembele who was a great servant to the club. But when you come up with ridiculous comparisons, aimed solely to denigrate a player who has carried the team all season, they obviously cannot remain unchallenged.
If you think the way to measure performance in that role is goals and assists, then your level of understanding is so far short, there's nothing I can do to bridge the gap.

It’s luck!

We were way better last season but got ridiculously unlucky in the Juve game, we were by far the better side over two legs yet people said we were naive to lose. So I guess this season we’ve become the masters of managing ties?

Or maybe it’s all just fine margins and luck?
It is all fine margins and random occurrences (not quite luck).

I posted recently (can't remember the thread, maybe this) some charts that show a decline in our performance both offensively and defensively - mainly down to us not controlling matches as we have the ball less.

We've done well in one cup. In a competition that requires consistent, repeatable performances, we're on a downward trend.

Last edited:

I posted recently (can't remember the thread, maybe this) some charts that show a decline in our performance both offensively and defensively - mainly down to us not controlling matches as we have the ball less.

We've done well in one cup. In a competition that requires consistent, repeatable performances, we're on a downward trend.

ROFL, ‘one cup’ is a pretty funny way of denigrating the motherfudging Champions League!! We really have been spoilt by a Manager like Poch...and players like Sissoko.

Do you think the decline in our performances in the league this season could have had anything to do with pretty much never being able to play a first choice 11 all season? The front 4 DESK combination never getting a run of games together? The World Cup hangover? Any of those things have any merit or is it all down to Sissoko....who didn’t even play in some of our worst performances over the season, and noticeably improved our performances when we were able to get him on the pitch (eg Ajax at home).

The downward trend we have had is injuries...
shock horror after the WC too

We have still maintained a massive amount of possession too even at grounds like tossfield and Nou Camp

What we do miss is Winks when he is out as he is the metronome that dictates that possession

ROFL, ‘one cup’ is a pretty funny way of denigrating the motherfudging Champions League!! We really have been spoilt by a Manager like Poch...and players like Sissoko.

Do you think the decline in our performances in the league this season could have had anything to do with pretty much never being able to play a first choice 11 all season? The front 4 DESK combination never getting a run of games together? The World Cup hangover? Any of those things have any merit or is it all down to Sissoko....who didn’t even play in some of our worst performances over the season, and noticeably improved our performances when we were able to get him on the pitch (eg Ajax at home).

The downward trend we have had is injuries...
shock horror after the WC too

We have still maintained a massive amount of possession too even at grounds like tossfield and Nou Camp

What we do miss is Winks when he is out as he is the metronome that dictates that possession
Have another look at the charts - it started well before the world cup.

You're right to blame injuries - it's the decline of Dembele's fitness that was the start of that. It's not Sissoko's fault that Dembele can't play, it's Levy/Poch's fault for thinking a player like Sissoko could replace a player like Dembele.

Back