• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Agree on net spend being flimflam, wages are generally a better gauge of gap.

However a much better view of net spend isn't in one year, take a look at this article https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/truth-man-city-liverpool-net-16267269.amp (basically author looks at net spend of club from time of longest serving player still at club), in that model

- Pool net spend is over 300M
- Chelsea over 340M
- United almost 600M
- City 1.08B
- Scum 266M
- Everton 216M
- Spurs 125M

City, United, Chelsea, Pool show how rigged the game is

This metric is absolutely ridiculous

The biased Liverpool author is comparing:

Liverpool's net spend over 8 seasons
Chelsea's net spend over 7 seasons
United net spend over 10 seasons
Arsenal's net spend over 11 seasons
City's net spend over 11 seasons
Tottenham's net spend over 12 seasons
Everton's net spend over 12 seasons

Anything to try to get Liverpool relative spend down.

I have no issues with article. The author is clear about the timelines and provides further clarity as to his reasoning and selection of the timelines during the article. It is quite clear - Money has been an indicator of where the title is going in the EPL.

Yeah i thought measuring each team from the longest serving player there to present day made a lot of sense as it shows how much has been spent building the current team

That's Guadiola, Klopp and now Poch he has spoken to, busy man.

I wonder how those supposed negotiations with thfc will go having just set about disrupting our preperation for the CL final...

Last edited:
So are we to believe that instead of focusing on the most important match of his career he is having talks with Juventus regarding a potential move? Somehow I just do not buy it.

I don’t think there’s any implication that Poch is having talks. The Juve director being “in contact” with Poch probably means little more than he’s left a message of enquiry. If anything at all.

I don’t think there’s any implication that Poch is having talks. The Juve director being “in contact” with Poch probably means little more than he’s left a message of enquiry. If anything at all.
I've even heard managers have moved into the 21st century and have agents these days....

I've even heard managers have moved into the 21st century and have agents these days....

Unless anything has changed, Poch doesn’t have an agent, he negotiates his own deals and that of his team. Although in his book he does mention that when Levy approached him it was through his (Poch’s) solicitor. So yes, he does have other likely points of contact.

Back