• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Dortmund have signed Hazard. Great bit of business, rumoured to get Brandt next. Pulisic more than replaced.

Wish he could steal Brandt from under their noses.

Problem with Maddison is he seems to be an utter bellend.

And as good a player as he is, I cant seem to get my head around that!

Chilwell I just dont see the fuss about. Whenever Ive seen him he has been competent enough and thats it, nothing remarkable at all.

Maguire will be the one up for sale IMO, there is demand, he has been there long enough to have "earned" a move, and he is at a point where they can get good money for him now and give that to Rogers to use to rebuild (though I checked, he is under contract until 2023, so they may not be in a rush).

And Id love us to be in for him. He is a good defender, and a good footballer, plays the ball out well and really helps the team. I was a fan of his at Hull, and now Leicester and England. If Alderweireld goes Id be delighted to have Maguire replace him.

Man Utd also heavily linked, though I do wonder if that is likely. Both Jones and Smalling, despite being brick, have got new deals and the starting places. Lindeloff and Bailley, better players IMO, are pushing them (and should really start). Not sure I see where/how Maguire fits in or if he would fancy it.
I'm pretty sure that's what a bunch of other teams say about Dele and Rose and maybe even Dier. As long as he's our bellend, that's what matters. :D

Disagree
Maguire went public and said he chose Leicester over us for game time
And low and behold he would have got plenty that season
Maybe he was first choice over Sánchez at the time of heaven forbid we wanted two centre backs in
or maybe Leicester were the only club to agree a transfer fee for him so he thought he would enamour himself to their fans a bit more by making out there was a choice to make between us and Leicester?

I'm pretty sure that's what a bunch of other teams say about Dele and Rose and maybe even Dier. As long as he's our bellend, that's what matters. :D
Is Maddison really a bell end or did he just post some childish messages on Twitter back when he was about 15 years old?

I was advocating us signing him while he was still at Coventry. It is very rare to find players who aren't blessed with amazing physical attributes able to play in central midfield in men's football at the age of 16 or 17 and still look good. It is one of the reasons why I wanted us to get Tielemans from Anderlecht a good few years ago as well as Maddison from Cov.

I dont mean in on field brickhousery, of which our boys can be guilty, I just mean in general personality terms.

Which for the most part I dont think of our boys.

Few of us were all behind getting in Maddison last season and were told that he was an sub standard player and never get into our team. Said at the time he would be an excellent back up to Eriksen.
The problem is the player himself didn't see himself as a backup. He wanted to go to a team where he could be a starter, so probably not our fault. And at the time (and even now!) we didn't know what the situation with Eriksen would be to be able to provide him a clearer path to the first team ("look, sonny, we're selling Eriksen next season, so you'll be our main man, but for this year you'll probably just have to come off the bench"). The only way to convince him would have been to throw silly money at him, but there's no way we would have done that with a player unproven in the PL.

The problem is the player himself didn't see himself as a backup. He wanted to go to a team where he could be a starter, so probably not our fault. And at the time (and even now!) we didn't know what the situation with Eriksen would be to be able to provide him a clearer path to the first team ("look, sonny, we're selling Eriksen next season, so you'll be our main man, but for this year you'll probably just have to come off the bench"). The only way to convince him would have been to throw silly money at him, but there's no way we would have done that with a player unproven in the PL.
I think if we had acted quickly as Leicester did and got a fee agreed with Norwich then we would've got him. Seems that we wanted Grealish over him anyway only for Levy to Levy himself.

No Bayern deal for Rodriguez
James Rodriguez will leave Bayern Munich this summer.

The Colombian has been on loan at Bayern from Real Madrid with the club having the option to sign him permanently.

But they don’t plan to do so and Rodriguez’s agent is looking for a new club.

No Bayern deal for Rodriguez
James Rodriguez will leave Bayern Munich this summer.

The Colombian has been on loan at Bayern from Real Madrid with the club having the option to sign him permanently.

But they don’t plan to do so and Rodriguez’s agent is looking for a new club.

Rodriguez looked like he could become the best player in the world about the time of the 2014 world cup.

Back