• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

I haven’t taken it badly. I just wonder how he didn’t catch your eye when he was so clearly very good in all of those games? Perhaps we look for different things when judging a player’s performance?

I thought he did what he needed to, nothing above and beyond, nothing that really grabbed attention.

Made the runs you expect, touches and passes you expect, and that was about it.

Nothing remarkable that caught my eye (and Im not one who only looks for flashy stuff).

I didnt see anything superior in him, didnt see anything that lived up to his billing on here, just thought he was decent.

If the price quoted in the story is correct (100 mil euros) AND Eriksen won't sign a new deal, I don't think selling Eriksen for that price to La Liga is the end of the world. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the best players I've EVER seen at Tottenham, and I'll miss him terribly. But getting 10x the price and almost 300 games of great service is a brilliant outcome for the signing we made years ago. I think as long as they reinvest that money back into the squad and try to sign a real replacement for that energetic, creative passer (Maddison for about 40-50 mil would be my pick) — it could end up boosting our squad even more. That extra 50 mil could then be used to help subsidize a move for someone like NDombele or Wan-Bissaka as well. Plus, I think Dele will relish that role a little bit further forward, as more of a creator/finisher than a full-time CM.

Don't get me wrong, Eriksen is a true legend and won't be easy to replace, but I think this team could be fantastic as well next season with a super low net spend. And I think he's well within his rights to move on after all he's given to the club.

-------------Lloris-------
AWB--Sanchez--Jan--Rose
----Winks---Ndombele--
Maddison--Dele---Sonny
---------Kane--------

BEN: Gazza, Aurier, Davies, Foyth, Sissoko, Sessegnon, Lucas

Leicester are not going to sell Maguire, Chilwell and Maddison in one summer.

If we want Maddison we would have to act quickly as the other two are targets else where

Problem with Maddison is he seems to be an utter bellend.

And as good a player as he is, I cant seem to get my head around that!

Chilwell I just dont see the fuss about. Whenever Ive seen him he has been competent enough and thats it, nothing remarkable at all.

Maguire will be the one up for sale IMO, there is demand, he has been there long enough to have "earned" a move, and he is at a point where they can get good money for him now and give that to Rogers to use to rebuild (though I checked, he is under contract until 2023, so they may not be in a rush).

And Id love us to be in for him. He is a good defender, and a good footballer, plays the ball out well and really helps the team. I was a fan of his at Hull, and now Leicester and England. If Alderweireld goes Id be delighted to have Maguire replace him.

Man Utd also heavily linked, though I do wonder if that is likely. Both Jones and Smalling, despite being brick, have got new deals and the starting places. Lindeloff and Bailley, better players IMO, are pushing them (and should really start). Not sure I see where/how Maguire fits in or if he would fancy it.

I thought Maddison was Arsenal, absolutely hated Spurs and was always a non-starter? Hasn't this come up before? Obviously you don't know for sure and anyone can be tempted to go anywhere but I dont think personally he would consider us.

I thought Maddison was Arsenal, absolutely hated Spurs and was always a non-starter? Hasn't this come up before? Obviously you don't know for sure and anyone can be tempted to go anywhere but I dont think personally he would consider us.

There are old tweets from his Coventry days mocking Bale as a monkey and rubbing it in when we lost to Arsenal.

Not sure that proves he wouldnt come, CL football and a big contract have a knack for compensating for these things...

More likely, IMO, Leicester simply wont entertain any bids for him.

There are old tweets from his Coventry days mocking Bale as a monkey and rubbing it in when we lost to Arsenal.

Not sure that proves he wouldnt come, CL football and a big contract have a knack for compensating for these things...

More likely, IMO, Leicester simply wont entertain any bids for him.

They would entertain a bid but it would have to be silly money

I wanted him when he was at Norwich TBF but now for what they would want I think there is better value

I do thing he has a higher ceiling than some players though and will get better

Have to credit Leicester for getting their signings done quickly. They also have invested in younger players which can only benefit them long term

Problem with Maddison is he seems to be an utter bellend.

And as good a player as he is, I cant seem to get my head around that!

Chilwell I just dont see the fuss about. Whenever Ive seen him he has been competent enough and thats it, nothing remarkable at all.

Maguire will be the one up for sale IMO, there is demand, he has been there long enough to have "earned" a move, and he is at a point where they can get good money for him now and give that to Rogers to use to rebuild (though I checked, he is under contract until 2023, so they may not be in a rush).

And Id love us to be in for him. He is a good defender, and a good footballer, plays the ball out well and really helps the team. I was a fan of his at Hull, and now Leicester and England. If Alderweireld goes Id be delighted to have Maguire replace him.

Man Utd also heavily linked, though I do wonder if that is likely. Both Jones and Smalling, despite being brick, have got new deals and the starting places. Lindeloff and Bailley, better players IMO, are pushing them (and should really start). Not sure I see where/how Maguire fits in or if he would fancy it.

Again Maguire was another that I was talking about when he was at Sheffield United and more so at Hull

I don’t get why our scouts don’t see it in players that’s obvious to an un trained eye. The dame scouts that thought NKodou would work here ...

Again Maguire was another that I was talking about when he was at Sheffield United and more so at Hull

I don’t get why our scouts don’t see it in players that’s obvious to an un trained eye. The dame scouts that thought NKodou would work here ...

Lot of talk that Poch does not trust signings from the championship anymore.

Lot of talk that Poch does not trust signings from the championship anymore.

Maybe that’s the case. Who knows
Foolish if true though when you look at the success we have had
I’d trust players from there over most leagues as they get the pace of this country and can play a lot of games

Generically...
Players form Italy can’t play with the pace IMO and either struggle or break down injured
Players form France struggle with the physicality
The Dutch league is too one sided to know if anyone is very good or not
The Spanish league again is a combo of all of the above and you need a player with the right mind set from there to match their abilities
Germany still for me is they most similar testing ground as despite Bayern winning again teams take points off each other and better players aren’t all at the top sides

We cant give them the playing time needed to get to the level that they need to be to make our team. When we were a level below "the big 5" had the same criticism for the players we bring through. Who's to say Nkodou would not have developed into a very decent player if left playing for a few more years.

Few of us were all behind getting in Maddison last season and were told that he was an sub standard player and never get into our team. Said at the time he would be an excellent back up to Eriksen.

We cant give them the playing time needed to get to the level that they need to be to make our team. When we were a level below "the big 5" had the same criticism for the players we bring through. Who's to say Nkodou would not have developed into a very decent player if left playing for a few more years.
The year he went to Leicester he would have got time as it was Tobys injures season

In that case no Sanchez - our scouts decided Sanchez > Maguire, I still think they will be proven to be correct.

Disagree
Maguire went public and said he chose Leicester over us for game time
And low and behold he would have got plenty that season
Maybe he was first choice over Sánchez at the time of heaven forbid we wanted two centre backs in

They would entertain a bid but it would have to be silly money

I wanted him when he was at Norwich TBF but now for what they would want I think there is better value

I do thing he has a higher ceiling than some players though and will get better

Have to credit Leicester for getting their signings done quickly. They also have invested in younger players which can only benefit them long term

I completely agree he is a good player and with potential to significantly improve, for sure.

And I think Leicester have done some very good business in recent years.

Though I do think they are running into a bit of an issue in trying to transition from the old guard to new, it can be a rocky road...

I dont recall him at Sheffield Utd, it was at Hull he caught my eye and Ive been a fan ever since.

Im not sure its that our scouts dont see it, would be ridiculous if they couldnt spot players we can, I suspect its more about opportunity and a players chances of getting games/progression (as rusx says).

Although Maguire would have got games that season, it was only because Alderweireld got injured and he would have been gambling massively to move to us and hope for that. Instead he moved to a mid table side where he knew he would play.

We are at a level now where its harder and harder to give players needing games and development opportunities. More likely we will start buying players that are much more the finished article IMO.

Disagree
Maguire went public and said he chose Leicester over us for game time
And low and behold he would have got plenty that season
Maybe he was first choice over Sánchez at the time of heaven forbid we wanted two centre backs in

Both wouldn't have got playing time and one would have stagnated. Maybe he was first choice over Sanchez, I am glad we got Sanchez. (Foyth was also in this equation).

As with all these things we look back on the successful ones we are linked with and not the ones that went on to do nothing. Even with the successful there is no guarantee they have the same success here as they are less likely to get game time than a lesser team... we are higher up the foodchain and that also means higher fees on established players.

Back