• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Weird.... I thought Ziyech was clearly one of the best 3 or 4 players on the pitch in both of the games. Not sure what more he could've done really to impress?

Thats football for you.

Im not saying he was poor, I just couldnt really see what all the fuss was about.

As I said, if we got him I would hardly be moved - but I would certainly be hoping he turns out to be that player everyone was hyping up...

Harper in high demand
Celtic have joined Norwich and Tottenham in the race to sign West Brom youngster Rekeem Harper.

The England Under-19 international has earned plenty of suitors this season in the Championship, despite only playing 16 times for the Baggies.

And heading into the summer, a battle to acquire the 19-year-old’s signature is set to get underway with his contract set to expire next month.

Premier League newsboys Norwich are amongst the favourites, reports the Daily Record, although Harper was at Celtic Park on Sunday to see Celtic lift the Ladbrokes Premiership trophy for an eighth successive time.

Tottenham make contact to ‘start negotiations’ for signing – Move for 22 year old is possible
By Naveen Ullal -

21st May 2019

Borussia Dortmund’s interest in Malcom was reported by AS on Monday, while the same report stressed that ‘everything indicates’ the Barcelona winger will make a switch to England.

Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal were mentioned as the two Premier League clubs interested in the 22-year-old, who arrived at Camp Nou from Bordeaux last summer.

Sport claims amid interest from the Serie A and the Bundesliga clubs, Spurs are showing ‘more interest’ in securing the wideman’s signature and have already made contacts with the leaders of the La Liga winners to start negotiations.

On 10th May, we carried a report from the same newspaper, who explained Mauricio Pochettino’s side have agreed with Andre Gomes’ agent for a summer transfer and are also interested in the Brazilian.

Tottenham were said to be in contact with Barcelona for the Portuguese midfielder. The former have supposedly taken advantage of the talks to put Malcom’s name on the table.

Now they’ve upped the contact to ‘start negotiations’ for the signing.

Ernesto Valverde’s side are ‘willing to listen to offers, especially from England’, but want at least €40m.

Arsenal also have shown interest in the South American, but Sport doesn’t mention if they have made contact with Barcelona or not.

Sources: Tottenham plot swoop to sign 22-yr-old who tore Emirates Marketing Project apart in CL
Date: 21st May 2019 at 12:53pm
Written by: Football Insider

Tottenham are plotting a move to sign Lyon forward Maxwel Cornet this summer, Football Insider can reveal.

The Londoners are targeting a right-sided attacker who can score and create goals and has the potential to improve under Mauricio Pochettino.

A Spurs source has told Football Insider that Cornet, 22, is on their radar following his excellent second half of the season at Ligue 1 outfit Lyon.

He scored four goals and laid on three others in his final four league games of the season to end the campaign with 10 goals and five assists from 35 appearances.

He also put Emirates Marketing Project to the sword in the Champions League, scoring three times in two matches against them in this season’s group stages.

Cornet’s goals-per-minutes ratio was especially impressive as he was a substitute in 15 of his 26 league appearances before re-establishing himself as a regular in recent months.

The Ivory Coast international has a fine record at Lyon since signing from Metz in the summer of 2015 and was part of a thrilling attack last season alongside Moussa Dembele, Memphis Depay and Nabil Fekir.

Thats football for you.

Im not saying he was poor, I just couldnt really see what all the fuss was about.

As I said, if we got him I would hardly be moved - but I would certainly be hoping he turns out to be that player everyone was hyping up...
I really am baffled as to how somebody couldn’t watch those games against Ajax and not be massively impressed by Ziyech? I wondered whether my recollection was hazy so took a look at whoscored.com to get some stats based ratings....

In the first leg Ziyech had a rating of 8.0. This was the third highest across both teams.
In the second leg Ziyech had a rating of 8.4. The highest of all the Ajax players and second on the whole pitch only to Moura (who got a 10!)

I then looked at the ratings of all Spurs and Ajax players over the whole season. Ziyech is the highest rated across both teams with an average of 7.74.

I then looked at Ziyech's ratings in the games against Juventus and Madrid (where I had also thought he stood out). 7.4 in both games against Juventus. 7.8 and 8.7 in the games against Real Madrid

I'm not sure what more he could've done in those games to impress, unless it takes super human Lucas Moura type one in a thousand games for you to be impressed?

I really am baffled as to how somebody couldn’t watch those games against Ajax and not be massively impressed by Ziyech? I wondered whether my recollection was hazy so took a look at whoscored.com to get some stats based ratings....

In the first leg Ziyech had a rating of 8.0. This was the third highest across both teams.
In the second leg Ziyech had a rating of 8.4. The highest of all the Ajax players and second on the whole pitch only to Moura (who got a 10!)

I then looked at the ratings of all Spurs and Ajax players over the whole season. Ziyech is the highest rated across both teams with an average of 7.74.

I then looked at Ziyech's ratings in the games against Juventus and Madrid (where I had also thought he stood out). 7.4 in both games against Juventus. 7.8 and 8.7 in the games against Real Madrid

I'm not sure what more he could've done in those games to impress, unless it takes super human Lucas Moura type one in a thousand games for you to be impressed?

Im not sure why you have taken it so badly.

Its not like Ive said he was bad or anything, only that he didnt really stand out to me. Which he didnt. How am I supposed to explain that?

How to you explain a player who didnt catch your attention at all?

Tottenham end interest in signing £100m Wilfried Zaha after learning of Crystal Palace price tag

Tottenham have ended their interest in signing Wilfried Zahaafter being scared off by Crystal Palace’s asking price for a second year in a row.

Spurs are ready to back coach Mauricio Pochettino in the transfer market this summer having not bought a player in the last two windows.

Zaha has been a target for some time and the 26-year-old winger has confirmed he wants to leave Selhurst Park in order to play for a club in the Champions League.

However, Palace are not prepared to let him go on the cheap and have put a £100m valuation on his head.

The Ivory Coast international still has four years left on the contract he agreed in August, which is worth £130,000-a-week.

That deal was arranged after a number of teams tried to buy him last summer, including Tottenham.

Standard Sport revealed at the time that the north London club weren’t willing to meet Crystal Palace’s asking price of £70m.

And Tottenham are certainly not prepared to more than double their club record transfer fee paid for a player now. The most they’ve ever spent was £42m on Ajax defender Davinson Sanchez in 2017.

Zaha is expected to attract bids from elsewhere though having enjoyed another fine Premier League season for Crystal Palace, scoring 10 goals and creating five assists.

Personally Id say this was posturing, and not really the end of it.

I expect its an opening position, a statement of intent on wanting a high price - and could well change when they dont get any bites.

Later in the window clubs might try and tempt them with lower bids to test the waters.

If the price quoted in the story is correct (100 mil euros) AND Eriksen won't sign a new deal, I don't think selling Eriksen for that price to La Liga is the end of the world. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the best players I've EVER seen at Tottenham, and I'll miss him terribly. But getting 10x the price and almost 300 games of great service is a brilliant outcome for the signing we made years ago. I think as long as they reinvest that money back into the squad and try to sign a real replacement for that energetic, creative passer (Maddison for about 40-50 mil would be my pick) — it could end up boosting our squad even more. That extra 50 mil could then be used to help subsidize a move for someone like NDombele or Wan-Bissaka as well. Plus, I think Dele will relish that role a little bit further forward, as more of a creator/finisher than a full-time CM.

Don't get me wrong, Eriksen is a true legend and won't be easy to replace, but I think this team could be fantastic as well next season with a super low net spend. And I think he's well within his rights to move on after all he's given to the club.

-------------Lloris-------
AWB--Sanchez--Jan--Rose
----Winks---Ndombele--
Maddison--Dele---Sonny
---------Kane--------

BEN: Gazza, Aurier, Davies, Foyth, Sissoko, Sessegnon, Lucas

We can't let Eriksen leave and replace him with a mediocre kid. That's getting back to the Berbatov-Fraizer Campbell situation.

If Eriksen goes, we have to replace him with a Dybala or Isco level player.

Come on, man. You can not rate him as highly as Eriksen, but calling James Maddison a mediocre kid and comparing him to Frazier Campbell is beyond a joke. He lead ALL of Europe (Eriksen, Isco, and Dybala included) in chance creation (100 chances in 35 games!), is a brilliant set-piece taker, and had 7 goals and 7 assists from midfield in his first season in the Prem. More importantly, he is an active presser and ball winner (see the radar), which is such an underrated part of Eriksen's game and essential to our style. Unlike many other ACMs, Maddison does the defensive work as well as the creative work Poch looks for. Importantly, he's versatile playing as a #10, as an #8, and even off the wing with consistent production in multiple phases. He also takes a lot of shots from outside the box, which isn't optimal, but it was an area where Eriksen has obviously had success with us.

Isco and Dybala are both top quality players, but both have been priced north of 100 million euros (Isco 120, Dybala 100), are linked with far richer and more attractive clubs, and would command insane wages. Plus, Maddison is still just 22 years old, homegrown, and a soon-to-be part of an exciting young England squad. Dybala and Isco would be nice dreams, but not at all likely to happen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 1.51.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 1.51.53 PM.png
    870.8 KB · Views: 15
Im not sure why you have taken it so badly.

Its not like Ive said he was bad or anything, only that he didnt really stand out to me. Which he didnt. How am I supposed to explain that?

How to you explain a player who didnt catch your attention at all?
I haven’t taken it badly. I just wonder how he didn’t catch your eye when he was so clearly very good in all of those games? Perhaps we look for different things when judging a player’s performance?

Agree on Eriksen replacement. There aren't a lot of like for like replacements and anyone is likely to be a step down, but it's how big of a step down that is the question. Maddison for me is a player we should've gone for last year, but I doubt he will be available this summer anyway.

100 minimum, imo. If he even wants to leave, which is bit unlikely. Might want to go straight to Bayern/a superclub in a season's time.

I agree though, incredible player.

What German player has ever gone for £100m
Their sensible in their fees in comparison to most
sane went for £37M for example

Back