• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

Agreed, especially if he isn't the one expected to fix our midfield right away. However, it looks like he's going to cost about 40 million, and I don't think he's worth anything like that. Would much rather push the boat out on Ndombele or Wan-Bissaka and take a bit of a speculative punt on a creative midfielder who is more in that 15-20 range.
I am far less enamoured with Wan-Bissaka than many on here. I think that Max Aarons at Norwich looks to be a far better prospect to play right back in the way that Pochettino wants our full backs to play. Even if the two players were available for the same transfer fee and wages I would rather have Aarons.

I am far less enamoured with Wan-Bissaka than many on here. I think that Max Aarons at Norwich looks to be a far better prospect to play right back in the way that Pochettino wants our full backs to play. Even if the two players were available for the same transfer fee and wages I would rather have Aarons.

Im a big fan of Wan Bissaka, but I completely recognise he is a young player, raw, and with a lot to learn.

Id love us to get him, but he is fast becoming a VERY expensive proposition.

Aarons is also quality, and as you say offers the sort of attributes we need/look for, and represents much greater value for money.

If be happy with either, but I completely understand the argument Aarons is a better deal.

Norwich also have quite limited funds this summer, so a deal on a talented youngster might be seen as worth it so they can strengthen the squad...

Aarons is going to be a great player ( i am sure), but i do not think he will leave Norwich just yet.

If Spurs and Norwich agreed a fee for him then he would be here in a heartbeat. Before you consider any other factor he would quadruple his overall package and be pretty much made for life financially.

Good point. If he turns down a move he needs to make sure he has a damn good season in the Prem otherwise he could quickly become a bang average player again and there'll be a new flavour of the month either domestically or abroad. He can forget the big move and pay cheque if that happens.

We saw it happen with Sessegnon. In high demand it would have seemed after promotion, stuck with Fulham, had a fairly average season, and now I don't see the same figures being banded about or indeed multiple clubs clambering for his signature.

Wan-Bissaka is an interesting option, at first glance he's not a Poch FB, but that may be a good thing.

Having a FB that can first and foremost defend may be important when facing elite teams, if you could have him and a typical Poch FB in the squad it adds to the flexibility

Good point. If he turns down a move he needs to make sure he has a damn good season in the Prem otherwise he could quickly become a bang average player again and there'll be a new flavour of the month either domestically or abroad. He can forget the big move and pay cheque if that happens.

We saw it happen with Sessegnon. In high demand it would have seemed after promotion, stuck with Fulham, had a fairly average season, and now I don't see the same figures being banded about or indeed multiple clubs clambering for his signature.

It's always hard to tell. He could have gone to Chelsea or City and been on loan to Burger King by now

Aarons is going to be a great player ( i am sure), but i do not think he will leave Norwich just yet.
Could this be akin to the Frenkie De Jong situation where we could make an offer that's good for the club and financially acceptable to the player - is appealing all around, except that he just wants to stay and develop with his home club for a bit longer.
After which he'll be priced so much higher when he is ready to leave.

Could be, who knows?

I would be surprised to see any young player turn us down, especially knowing they would have a free run at their position (given its among our weakest).

If he was a striker it could make sense that he stay at Norwich and play PL football, but as a RB? I cant think of a better team to come knocking than us!

CL football, top 4 level club, wanting to push the title, all the facilities etc and thats before the contract.

Or, stay at Norwich, and hope in time another similar opportunity comes up.

Could this be akin to the Frenkie De Jong situation where we could make an offer that's good for the club and financially acceptable to the player - is appealing all around, except that he just wants to stay and develop with his home club for a bit longer.
After which he'll be priced so much higher when he is ready to leave.

That would be my thoughts as well.

Clearly he is a good player. That’s a minimum requirement.

He is a candidate to replace Eriksen, but it’s reasonable to express reservations right now.

If we take a punt then I would give him time to settle and improve his vision. I certainly would not expect him to come in and perform to the higher level we will need to maintain our performances, let alone expect a leap forward.

He’s just about Lamelas replacement, that’s only because he wouldn’t be injured.

Sadly CE looks like he’s gone

I’ll be shocked if he stays now.

Just about is the right word, he's not even at Lamela's level. I'd rather focus on trying to get Lamela through a season unscathed.

Back