• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League Final plans for us stay at home fans.

If you want an English pub replete with drunks and EDL members wearing “free Tommy Robinson” t-shirts there is the rooster and Bull on Lincoln Blvd. Or you could go to Santa Monica to ye Olde Kings Head (a nicer pub). PM me if you want to go to the King’s as I might be able to get you a table.

Wow is that pub still there, when i was playing over there in the early 80's it was the place we used to go for a chat and the English Sunday papers ( a lot of pilots used the pub and had the first editions )

Wow is that pub still there, when i was playing over there in the early 80's it was the place we used to go for a chat and the English Sunday papers ( a lot of pilots used the pub and had the first editions )
The rooster or the King's? Both are there. I watched the 1st PSV game at the rooster and Bull and it was an awful experience in every possible way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48218123

Can I watch for free?

Yes, you can watch both [EL & CL] finals for nothing, even if you do not subscribe to broadcaster BT Sport, although there is some important fine detail about TV coverage so bear with me.

Fans will, of course, also be able to listen to radio coverage with BBC 5 live's commentary teams winning praise for their coverage of the dramatic semi-finals.

There will also be live updates, stats, pictures and analysis on the BBC Sport website.

What are the TV details?
Both finals will be shown on BT Sport 2 for existing subscribers.

They will also be available for free by downloading the broadcaster's app for mobile (which will have a high-definition option for the first time) or TV and on Virgin channel 532.

You will also be able to watch the matches on the BT Sport YouTube channel and the app will have the Champions League final in virtual reality 360, although the score will be the same whatever way you look at it.

I hope the app won't be overused, it's very reliable but worried it will fudge up due to the number of users.

I hope the app won't be overused, it's very reliable but worried it will fudge up due to the number of users.

I was speaking with my Sisters hubbies brother-in-law over the weekend. He works in the Interactive dept and said they are more than ready for any capacity. Between the mobile/smart tv app, multiple consoles, youtube, you'll have no trouble outside of watching the normal channel.

Last edited:
Judging by the EL final, it's really smooth.
A little flat though - maybe that's just the camera angle/stadium.

I'm so torn on where to watch it.
I want to actually watch the game but also have the atmosphere of a packed pub of yiddos

At the moment it looks like I'm Billy no mates.
1. Husband has ticket so will be in Madrid
2. ST holding son will be driving his train around the Scottish Central belt, avoiding the score, as no one will do a swap with him
3. Daughter feels if she watches Spurs on TV, we will lose

Update. I will now be at home with ST holding son, who has finally managed to get his shift swapped to a Night Shift, so pray we get it sorted over 90 mins, as he would miss extra time & pens

I'm so torn on where to watch it.
I want to actually watch the game but also have the atmosphere of a packed pub of yiddos

I'm all about watching it with a fudge tonne of atmosphere.

Just gonna have to pace myself as predict I'll have to be in the pub early.

OK, leagues over and CL is sorted for next season, time to look forward.
So, I can't travel to Madrid, have no chance of a ticket to NWHL and I'm sure not the only one of us.
Saturday 1st of June for me will be a party at my house, family and friends, BBQ, beers, jugs of margaritas, screen down projector on and watch from behind the coach.
I'm determined to enjoy it regardless of the outcome, for my 50th last year my wife threw a Spurs themed party for me and we'll dig all that out again and get every one in the mood.
Let's hear your plans.
Same mate, I just turned 51 this month, was thinking of just flying to Madrid, but missus wouldn't have it, and she's my Good Luck Charm haha, so, for the good of the club ...

At home, inviting friends, playing games, preparing to fast as we watch One More Game this season - what a topsy turvy one it has been, but the CL has been Unbelievable so far. Let's pray there's one more amazing story to be told #COYS

should we be graced with a great triumph, a cool vintage Glastron speedboat - in club colours - to tearass around the lake waving Spurs scarves from.

glastron-on-gull-02.jpg

I’m pretty much in the same boat

Looks like it might be getting a bit cramped in there!

I have two tickets for the ground for me and the missus. Nearer it gets, though, more I think I might just watch at home. Looks like it’s going to be a scorcher, so can stick on the BBQ and have an open Skype line during the game to my Spurs-nut daughter who is in Sydney for the year.

Would also mean no four hour return journey post-match.

I am doing my normal big game thing.
The game here starts at 10pm and ends at midnight.
I have planned a BBQ of Jumbo prawns, lobster tails, chicken tikka, aged fillet steak and a variety of sauces and salads.
I have invited 3 Spurs loving couples for the event. Only 3 couples as we only have 3 extra bedrooms. As the game ends late, they will be in NO state to drive home. and will have to sleep here.
We will start at around 6pm with lots of ice cold Tusker Lagers, bloody Mary and wine for the ladies.
We are lucky here in the tropics. We have affordable house staff. So my cook and gardener, both Spurs
fans, will be on hand to light the charcoal BBQ, bring the the stuff up to our Roof Top Bar & Grill, and do the cleaning after we celebrate or moan.

All the best guys. Hope we do this.
COYS

Back